I'm curious if it has any B-model. I guess it hasn't any or it has just some kind of modification like roadster version without roof.

I'm curious if it has any B-model. I guess it hasn't any or it has just some kind of modification like roadster version without roof.

Could be, i guess they include instructions for maybe a Cayman or so, should be possible to build from these parts.

WOW, now the final model color is revealed and my guess is right, it's Orange.

Edited by KamalMYafi

This already was a must buy for me and I think this seals the deals42056_Box3_in.jpg

Looks like we might me seeing some orange supercar MOCs now

42056-1.jpg

They kept the awkward paddle shifters and it has a 4 speed gearbox which is a bit disappointing.

42056-3.jpg

Engine has some nice detail, and new black panels.

Its a little underwhelming in a few areas and 300 dollars is a lot of cash, but I still like it.

Also the Brickset article is a great read

http://brickset.com/article/20854/technic-42056-porsche-911-gt3-rs

Edited by Rishab N

Well looks great, but piece per price is awful.Technic isnt star wars...I dont think if this will be collector item in few years.

And will be there any difference beetween 1 july version and 1 august version?I didnt read any difference.

And not that I am complaing, but why does the U.S. get it in June, but everyone else gets it in August..?

Edited by Paul Boratko

The price is poor, bit I need to get it only because of orange!

It is a shame having in a such great car a four speed gearbox

I don't like those wheelarches

Edited by LXF

I preferred the look of the prototype, i,m disappointed think I need to save my money for tractor and bwe

A few interesting quotes

"will initially be available at shop.LEGO.com from June 1st, 2016"

So no August release date online

"Furthermore, the elements of the individual assembly groups are packed in separate boxes for the first time and, together with the detailed instructions, provide an insight into the assembly process of the actual vehicle."

Sounds a bit like 8448 to me which is nice

"Consequently, the LEGO model also features a few rough edges that give it identity and character"

Nice excuse for some flaws Lego :grin:

" Inside the box you’ll discover a special collector’s book chronicling the history of LEGO Technic and Porsche GT cars, together with 4 original-design rims bearing the RS emblem....Delivered in luxurious box packaging."

Sounds like a special box maybe like 41999? I also like the sound of a collectors book included

I think an orange toggle joint on top of a black toggle joint may have looked better in the corners of the windshield..

From brickset interview;

"... we decided upon using the current 911 GT3 RS as the first vehicle in this LEGO Technic series."

So more Porsches, other supercars or just the 2016 technic line-up?

Edited by JamesJT

"...playing with the six-cylinder boxer engine..."

I doubt, that it will be a boxer motor. I guess it will be a 180 degree V-motor! At least from the picture it seems not to be a boxer engine.

"... fully functional Porsche double-clutch transmission..."

What? A double-clutch? Really? I would kiss the designers feet ... :blush::laugh:

That would obviously be great!

As a Porsche owner, Lego technic lover and sport cars enthusiast what more could I have asked for???!!!!! Wonderfull piece of art.....can;t wait really!!!

The only thing is I would prefer it in black or dark grey...but will only judge it when I'll put my hands on it!!!

From brickset interview;

"... we decided upon using the current 911 GT3 RS as the first vehicle in this LEGO Technic series."

That's an interesting observation! I hope that they do a Lamborghini next. Porsche is nice, but Lamborghini is :wub:

You never know, Lego had a few Lamborghini sets in the Racers line a few years ago.

Regarding the Porsche: looks great, but the steering wheel 'block' looks awful compared to all the other curved lines.

Also the price... :look:

And not that I am complaing, but why does the U.S. get it in June, but everyone else gets it in August..?

Maybe it's penitence for not giving us 2014 H1 until August.

comes is special box, has a uniqe serial number, has stickers but not too many, 2704 pieces (3000 is not too far off), working steering wheel and paddlshifters, flat 6 engine (boxer or v6). i miss the brakes but further it is great