If they wish to show the exclusivity of this model I think they sort have to go with a bit unusual color, even if that meant they will not satisfy MOCers. They did it with 41999 for example - dark blue isn't exactly common lego color. That keeps my hopes up for either purple or silver-ish variant here. Porsches Lava Orange seems to be very close to standard lego red, I hope they will not decide to go with that. Ideal solution (maybe not for TLG but for people for sure) would be to make this set available in multiple colors but likelihood of that happening is pretty small imo.

Orange works for me. I like the color and it should go well with my large white collection to give me some decent color options.

Well, thinking of my naboo fighter (below), how about some chrome accents?

10026-1.jpg

Well, thinking of my naboo fighter (below), how about some chrome accents?

That set came out in 2002 when the company didn't care about cost. I think there is a reason we haven't seen any chrome lately and I don't expect that will change.

Personally, I'm not a fan of chrome parts, I find them being too shiny and reflective. Flat silver or something with a less reflective finish works much better IMO.

I'm excited to see if the Porsche will be orange.

Chrome would look great on an American truck

Maybe. IMO it comes down to just how much chrome is used. I've seen pics of various American trucks, and be it my taste or whatever other reason, I always find most of them to have way too much chrome.

But then again, I don't see the grand fascination with chrome.

Hi,

please excuse my question, but why are you discussing about the color?

Every set was shown in real colors at the toy fairs and the Porsche was black with these outstanding stickers. Why would TLG change the color only for 42056? Have they done it earlier?

If I understand the hints correct, the car would be orange instead of black.

First hint was, that TLG will bring a flexible 19L in orange later this year. But are the used flexible parts really 19L long? They look a bit shorter to me ...

Second hint was the used 3L axle connector in orange in the Maze set from Lego Ideas. But this number 2 connector is not visible used at the Porsche. In the hood I found only number 3 or 4 connectors for the flexibles.

But I' not that good in spotting out parts, so maybe I'm completely wrong.

I wish so hard that TLG will bring this car with these great new parts in black (or even white), that I would be completely disappointed if it would be orange. For me, it would be a reason not to buy this set and hope for the new panel parts in a different color in future sets. In that case, I will build the Porsche in black, white, maybe red or blue in 2018!

And my last point is, if these great new fender parts are only available in orange, guess what color future Supercars will have. And the other curved part also only exists in silly colors: 24hours racing car green or cart purple. They are almost useless for MOCs. And now in orange instead of useful black? Really?

I agree and I must admit that orange and black looks very cool!

The hint is give in my Maze review btw.

Just a question Jim, are saying TLG is giving us a hint, or is it that you know something?

Hi,

please excuse my question, but why are you discussing about the color?

Every set was shown in real colors at the toy fairs and the Porsche was black with these outstanding stickers. Why would TLG change the color only for 42056? Have they done it earlier?

If I understand the hints correct, the car would be orange instead of black.

First hint was, that TLG will bring a flexible 19L in orange later this year. But are the used flexible parts really 19L long? They look a bit shorter to me ...

Second hint was the used 3L axle connector in orange in the Maze set from Lego Ideas. But this number 2 connector is not visible used at the Porsche. In the hood I found only number 3 or 4 connectors for the flexibles.

But I' not that good in spotting out parts, so maybe I'm completely wrong.

I wish so hard that TLG will bring this car with these great new parts in black (or even white), that I would be completely disappointed if it would be orange. For me, it would be a reason not to buy this set and hope for the new panel parts in a different color in future sets. In that case, I will build the Porsche in black, white, maybe red or blue in 2018!

And my last point is, if these great new fender parts are only available in orange, guess what color future Supercars will have. And the other curved part also only exists in silly colors: 24hours racing car green or cart purple. They are almost useless for MOCs. And now in orange instead of useful black? Really?

Yeah but black is boring.

Purple>Orange>>>>black. :tongue:

Why would it be in a color the real car is not available in? This is a licensed vehicle, is it not? You think Porsche would give the license for some random color Lego choose or some silly camo that is used to hide prototype cars? No, they are going to want a real available color, it is advertising after all.

I believe they told the media etc. and visitors at the toy fair that the colours of exterior and interior are subject to change.

Edited by AlphaX

Why would it be in a color the real car is not available in? This is a licensed vehicle, is it not? You think Porsche would give the license for some random color Lego choose or some silly camo that is used to hide prototype cars? No, they are going to want a real available color, it is advertising after all.

Well the Porsche doesn't come in Lego orange either, so I guess t won't be that then?

Well the Porsche doesn't come in Lego orange either, so I guess t won't be that then?

I don't think any of the colors that Lego has released their Technic or System licensed automotive/machine models in have come in the exact paint specific colors of those models they were representing..I know the Ferrari Red and Lego Red are not exactly the same.. But I guess they were close enough..

I would absolutely prefer 'boring' black. Purple or orange would render the new parts that much more difficult to be used in mods and mocs. I like the razzle-dazzle, too.

Silver or white would be my 3rd and 2nd choices, so that's why I believe it will be orange or purple. Those are the colors I'm least happy about.

Phew, read the whole discussion, all 44 pages as a guest and even created my own account so I could comment on this thread!

I have to say I am super excited about this set! I will get it regardless of colour, but would prefer the Lava Orange to others. Having said that, I also think the swirly design looks cool too. But over the 44 pages the coolness has started to wear off slightly :classic:

I think that some sort of PF in the set would be nice. I agree with others that if the main drive function isn't what's powered, other things would be slightly lame.

I hope the car comes with some cool functions like suspension adjustment and adjustable spoiler (either powered or manual). I saw this MOCed Bugatti Veyron on youtube which had these things and they looked super cool!

While the real life car probably doesn't have these features, it would be cool to get them in an official Lego super car anyway!

Ouch the whole 44 Pages, When I joined this thread I believe it was around page 11. And even then catching up seemed to take forever.

YAY 300 Euros :sarcasm_hmpf::ugh:. How would it ever live up to 300 Euros?!?! But at least we get some news, just making sure the project didn't disappear.