I don't know about anyone, but... wouldn't printed parts actually reduce the usability of the parts, because it would look gaudy when used on another build? Fact is, if the camo became printed, wouldn't it look pretty darn strange when you decide to use the parts to build another model?

The sticker sheet is separate from the parts bag. One can simply decide whether or not they want to use it. And it's not like the actual car would have so many stickers both inside and out--this is the road-going 911 GT3 RS.

Disdain for stickers is understandable, but I also do think that certain prints will limit use. If all the graphics on the race cars depicted in the Speed Champions theme were printed, they wouldn't go very far in terms of use.

I see no reason for printing on widely available parts, that would be nice. But printing on new parts or parts in new colours - no, thank you.

For a premium, yeah almost D2C set as 42056 (16+) is, I'm really hoping for printed parts only, but I understand that it probably won't happen. Well I suppose this set won't use many stickers at all BUT for a crucial piece - the Porsche logo - I'm DEMANDING a printed piece, just like TLG did with the Mercedes Benz Arocs set last year, excellent! I think everyone agrees with that at least, the logo has to be a printed piece, there's no way around it!

Edited by Emmi

Some printed parts, like the logo are great, but all printed parts would just be silly - each piece could be used in only one place, otherwise the finished build would look stupid with all the lines going the wrong way. With all printed parts it would be the most irritating build in the world and no kid would finish it, many adults as well. It would be frustrating

Some printed parts, like the logo are great, but all printed parts would just be silly - each piece could be used in only one place, otherwise the finished build would look stupid with all the lines going the wrong way. With all printed parts it would be the most irritating build in the world and no kid would finish it, many adults as well. It would be frustrating

It seems that you think the camouflage look will be final, but remember that's not the case.

Edited by Emmi

I am very much looking forward to this set, but if all the parts are printed, I probably wouldn't buy it. I understand the desire for printed parts very clearly, but it's for people who want to display the model. I, for one, will build the model and take it apart, build something else and later, build it again.

Why would Lego release this model with printed camo parts...? You cannot buy this car from Porsche with camo on it.. They only did this at the Toy Fair shows to add a sense of humor to the model and create some hype.. The production model will more than likely be an official Porsche color.. I would have a hard time believing that Porsche would allow Lego to release one of their prestigious cars in a color that they do not produce it in..

This is a teaser model. TLG is doing what most car manufacturers do, camouflaging the car. In this case it's to make a statement.

Porsche would let the car go to market looking like that. There isn't even a Porsche logo on it, or the license plate.

And the black isn't the final color anyway.

Why would Lego release this model with printed camo parts...? You cannot buy this car from Porsche with camo on it.. They only did this at the Toy Fair shows to add a sense of humor to the model and create some hype.. The production model will more than likely be an official Porsche color.. I would have a hard time believing that Porsche would allow Lego to release one of their prestigious cars in a color that they do not produce it in..

Everyone knows that it will not be released with camo on it. I am pretty sure the color will be orange, as in the promo pictures for the real-life Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I believe the interior might be light-brownish or reddish???

But I hope that the Porsche logo will be a printed piece!

Also you must have noticed that in the interior there's no stickers for the speedometer, etc. so far - hopefully those will be printed pieces too. I can't wait for the full reveal of this magnificant set, which I think (will definitely) could happen during the Geneva Motor Show in March.

This is a teaser model. TLG is doing what most car manufacturers do, camouflaging the car. In this case it's to make a statement.

Porsche would let the car go to market looking like that. There isn't even a Porsche logo on it, or the license plate.

And the black isn't the final color anyway.

http://gtspirit.com/...-no-camouflage/ :grin:

Makes me confident that TLG is setting up for a full reveal of 42056 with Porsche at this years Geneva Motor Show.

Maybe first they show it in camouflage look and then they unveil the final look during press conference? That would be so awesome!

This color will it be I think - looks simply great in orange.

tumblr_o1cbjqTtHC1tdgu1co1_500.jpg

Also I noticed a transparent square part directly under the lights - new, better PF lights??? From what I see it's very likely.

42056_lights.jpg

Edited by Emmi

Althrought in the real car it is a sticker... :wink:

yeah ... sure :sadnew: ... I don't believe the real Porsche 911 GT3 RS uses a sticker!!! for the logo. Even IF I want TLG to use a printed piece.

It is a sticker in the real RS - to save weight.

Read a bit about the RS since you like it so much.

Edited by pgplay

As Emmi, i think the final product will be Orange....Or perhaps full Black.

As it is a very special product, flagship, licensed......could we consider this 911 could come in several colors?

Nope, it will be one color, probably orange.

It is a sticker in the real RS - to save weight.

Read a bit about the RS since you like it so much.

Well, even if it's a sticker I hope that the LEGO version comes with a printed logo piece.

Source?

I meant that TLG will not release this set in different colors as GREG998 suggested. So in one set the Porsche will be orange, in another one white, in another one red, etc. - that will not happen!

Edited by Emmi

Well, even if it's a sticker I hope that the LEGO version comes with a printed logo piece.
Until Arocs set released last year all licensed logos have been a sticker. The reason Arocs had printed part simply because shield piece used for logo is not flat and sticker would look horrible. I don't think tradition would break with Porsche.

I may be a part of a minority here, but I prefer stickers over printed pieces for two (2) reasons...

1. It gives me the choice of plain or decorated.

2. I believe the no stickers increases the reusability of parts.

As for this Porsche... The more I look at it, the more I am hopeing for the orange.

As for RC or Power Functions, I really don't care, because the model will not be played with, like most of my LEGO it will be assembled, learn what I can from it, the off to the parts bins for MOCing.

This set looks like it could have a number of interesting build techniques, for that reason I am really looking forward to it.

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I meant that TLG will not release this set in different colors as GREG998 suggested. So in one set the Porsche will be orange, in another one white, in another one red, etc. - that will not happen!

I understood what you intended to say, just, you said it, and yet again, like an absolute statement as in "it WILL be", etc. but actually you don't know if it will be that way. Sure, it is very very probable and I think mostly everyone here would not expect color-variants but you made an absolute statement, which needs a source for verification.

I am also probably the only one here that jumped on that particular sentence (and I'm sorry I use it now as an example :blush: ) but I think especially in a speculation thread facts should be distinguishable from speculation / expectation.

Sorry, that was probaly OT and came over weird. :look:

Back on topic - while I would hope for a set that comes in different boxes with different colors (LEGO could make MAD money with this, especially for UCSs "collect them all!") I also do think it will be one color only. Regrettably, as especially for car-colors the preferences vary wildly so everyone could get his/her perfect-match supercar without color-compromises. Everyone could be happy :laugh:

I also wonder why LEGO never made special edition sticker sheets so far, like one sheet for racing decals, one for luxurity apparel, etc., that could make the models even more personal and appealing.

Edit: typo

Edited by scooper22

I understood what you intended to say, just, you said it, and yet again, like an absolute statement as in "it WILL be", etc. but actually you don't know if it will be that way. Sure, it is very very probable and I think mostly everyone here would not expect color-variants but you made an absolute statement, which needs a source for verification.

I am also probably the only one here that jumped on that particular sentence (and I'm sorry I use it now as an example :blush: ) but I think especially in a speculation thread facts should be distinguishable from speculation / expectation.

Sorry, that was probaly OT and came over weird. :look:

Back on topic - while I would hope for a set that comes in different boxes with different colors (LEGO could make MAD money with this, especially for UCSs "collect them all!") I also do think it will be one color only. Regrettably, as especially for car-colors the preferences vary wildly so everyone could get his/her perfect-match supercar without color-compromises. Everyone could be happy :laugh:

Edit: typos

I think It would be a better idea to have panel kits that replace the existing body work of the model, kind of like the Ferrari 430

Challenge.

8143-1.jpg?itok=CELTgbn_

I may be a part of a minority here, but I prefer stickers over printed pieces for two (2) reasons...

1. It gives me the choice of plain or decorated.

2. I believe the no stickers increases the reusability of parts.

As for this Porsche... The more I look at it, the more I am hopeing for the orange.

As for RC or Power Functions, I really don't care, because the model will not be played with, like most of my LEGO it will be assembled, learn what I can from it, the off to the parts bins for MOCing.

This set looks like it could have a number of interesting build techniques, for that reason I am really looking forward to it.

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

i prefer stickers to printed parts also, as long as the stickers are of good quality, not like those ones that deteriorate over time like the 8448 stickers.

Edited by allanp

Panel kits would be awesome, but they would probably be close to half the pieces of the real set. 8448 is a good example of multiple bodies, one frame. The 8448 used the same pieces to make a different body but it would be the same idea. You would have to have a point where the instructions go, "ok, now use you your preferred color."

If there were multiple color kits I would definitely buy a few, even if I didn't buy the Porsche. They would most likely contain a complete set of panels for that color

I think It would be a better idea to have panel kits that replace the existing body work of the model, kind of like the Ferrari 430 Challenge.
Hmmm, what if price is high due to two bodies/versions (civil and racing) being included? That would give us two colours.

Hmmm, what if price is high due to two bodies/versions (civil and racing) being included? That would give us two colours.

Interesting speculation. LEGO indeed could include body panels for two (or even more colors). Or offer different color body parts as an "upgrade package".

Ideally (for me at least), there would be 3 versions:

- black (with cammo printed or stickers)

- lava orange

- ultraviolet

All this is pure speculation and guesswork.

Not very likely IMHO. My bet is on single color only - lava orange :wink:

Edited by Ron1

I really hope that IF it will be orange, it won't be the standard TLG orange (don't know the official name). This colour is just not bright and saturated enough for this car. On the other hand, yet another color for Technic parts is not really an advantage for modding. I like the idea mentioned above of two body kits/colours in one set.