Any Lego set as purely a display item sounds stupid, as at the end of the day it's all designed to be played with, even the UCS sets, However like a lot of AFOL's I build and display my sets and have no interest in the 'playability' of any of the sets, for me it's more about the construction than the playing.

But that's just me. :classic:

A Technic set as a display set sounds stupid.

Agree. A Technic set with the looks, but no functions... Well, that is not a Technic set IMO.

Edited by kolbjha

Agree. A Technic set with the looks, but no functions... Well, that is not a Technic set IMO.

You call a sequential gearbox with working paddles "no functions" ?

I for one would prefer radio (maybe 2.4 GHz) and a dedicated N-channel controller (N > 2) with levers / stick you can *feel*.

While the SBrick is great for some uses, it has terrible latency and zero feedback (you can easily slide your finger out of steering control and lose control of the vehicle) both of which make it terrible for anything not slow (let alone fast) and I think would easily be non-issues with proper hardware controllers. And for those, you need no bluetooth, regular radio is fine and fast.

I could not agree more. so I am also hoping for radio (if they make it at all).

True, from an R/C background I would agree.

You guys probably know much more than me about radio control, but how does bt related to the latency and the lack of feedback? Are you saying that anything which is bt is laggy? AFAIK some pretty good game console controllers also use bt, and has like zero latency, and obviously you got great feedback with those (and you can use them with sbrick, see http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120823). So if there is (is there?) any lag of the sbrick over the IR, then that must be an sbrick implementation problem, and not a general lag from bt. Why could not TLG could use bt, with their own controller, similar to the IR controllers, while offering people the possibility to replace that with their smart phones?

I also like functionality in Technic models, but I also only collect them to display.

I am turning my attention more towards MOC,s, because I like the fact that there ain't thousands off the same.

This function cannot satisfy 300 euro price range.As I like look of this set, there must be something breathtaking or I dont know why I "must" paid 300 euro for technic set when Arocs offer me a lot more fun

P.s.:Creator expert vehicle in 1:8 scale will be something different.

You guys probably know much more than me about radio control, but how does bt related to the latency and the lack of feedback? Are you saying that anything which is bt is laggy? AFAIK some pretty good game console controllers also use bt, and has like zero latency, and obviously you got great feedback with those (and you can use them with sbrick, see http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=120823). So if there is (is there?) any lag of the sbrick over the IR, then that must be an sbrick implementation problem, and not a general lag from bt. Why could not TLG could use bt, with their own controller, similar to the IR controllers, while offering people the possibility to replace that with their smart phones?
We are speaking about physical feedback here - the feel you get by pushing a button. There is zero touch feedback when sliding your finger over smooth surface.

I guess they will make the Porsche as close as possibilities to look and work like the real thing. With electrical functions such as lights. But no remote driving and steering. 'Playability, Technic and Pleasure building' are the keywords of LEGO technic "Technic as in reality". Paddle schifting at the steering wheel, a Gear lever in the central console to put in drive, p/r/n/d, 7 speed gearbox, rear axle steering, working brakes. Anything less would disappoint me, and doesn't make iT worth 300€.

I guess they will make the Porsche as close as possibilities to look and work like the real thing. With electrical functions such as lights. But no remote driving and steering. 'Playability, Technic and Pleasure building' are the keywords of LEGO technic "Technic as in reality". Paddle schifting at the steering wheel, a Gear lever in the central console to put in drive, p/r/n/d, 7 speed gearbox, rear axle steering, working brakes. Anything less would disappoint me, and doesn't make iT worth 300€.

Then prepare to be disappointed.

I'm confident it won't have:

- p/r/n/d - this lever only has 3 positions, how to implement 4 functions !?

- 7 speed gearbox - why exactly 7? Four seems more likely as there have been linear gearboxes implementing something very similar to what has been recovered from photos/videos

- rear axle steering - probably not enough room. Not interesting enough. If you want this then it has, by definition, also implement the counterrotating/crab modes, which are a selling point of the Claas this year. No way.

- working brakes - the yellow bar is just a bar without function to look good. What should brakes be for at all I ask you? And where's the lever for it?

Heck, it's not even sure there are Power Functions on board, be it motors, servos or just lights.

I wish we could get more infos, tho....

Edited by scooper22

That's definitely functions! Actually, I think the 42056 will be packed with functions, and also looks great! My point was that a model without any technical features and/or playability, but only is intended for display, hardly can be called a Technic set, even if it's made of Technic parts.

P.s.:Creator expert vehicle in 1:8 scale will be something different.

Do you know something we should know??? I'm hoping that TLG will release another Creator Expert D2C car sometime this year, but it worries me that we haven't heard any rumors yet.

Maybe they pushed it back into 2017 in favor of 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS?

Do you know something we should know??? I'm hoping that TLG will release another Creator Expert D2C car sometime this year, but it worries me that we haven't heard any rumors yet.

Maybe they pushed it back into 2017 in favor of 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS?

:laugh: Do I look like some insider? :wacko:

:laugh: Do I look like some insider? :wacko:

I just thought because you said this ... P.s.:Creator expert vehicle in 1:8 scale will be something different.

I just thought because you said this ... P.s.:Creator expert vehicle in 1:8 scale will be something different.

I mean something completely different, maybe I use bad translation.

It was meant

If there will be creator expert vehicle it will be something different...

^Not that I'd be english grammar nazi, yet using 'will be' right after 'if', that was instant drop out on most english courses I have ever been through :D

I mean something completely different, maybe I use bad translation.

It was meant

If there will be creator expert vehicle it will be something different...

Yeah ... if you say it like this it really means something completely different :blush:

Yes, of course it will be a different car - let's keep our fingers crossed that there'll be one this year, I'm hoping for a Land Rover!

- p/r/n/d - this lever only has 3 positions, how to implement 4 functions !?

- 7 speed gearbox - why exactly 7? Four seems more likely as there have been linear gearboxes implementing something very similar to what has been recovered from photos/videos

- rear axle steering - probably not enough room. Not interesting enough. If you want this then it has, by definition, also implement the counterrotating/crab modes, which are a selling point of the Claas this year. No way.

- working brakes - the yellow bar is just a bar without function to look good. What should brakes be for at all I ask you? And where's the lever for it?

Heck, it's not even sure there are Power Functions on board, be it motors, servos or just lights.

I wish we could get more infos, tho....

I just tried to explain the 300€, for that money you can put in a lot of parts assumably 3000. Oké, 7 Gears is probably too much. I have Seen mocs with brakes, the lever is at the place iT should be, but you can't see. three functions Will do in the center console, Lets skip parking. if they implement Rear steering iT will be only one way, a little bit. I read that LEGO said that lights will be implemented.

Lets hope we will Soon see more pictures from the inside.

Wow, who stole your sunshine?

Either that or it seems like you're trying to convince yourself that you won't like the set no matter what.

Any or all of the things you've listed could be in there. We really don't know either way. Also, just because something has 4-wheel steering, does not automatically mean it has to have three modes, too.

Once upon a time people reserved judgement until we actually had all the pertinent information. I still try to.

Got that right. We don't even know if the price is accurate. I'm waiting until I know about everything to judge this set.

We are speaking about physical feedback here - the feel you get by pushing a button. There is zero touch feedback when sliding your finger over smooth surface.

That is clear. But how is that related to bt? smart phones are by far not the only one device you can control using bt.

I am pretty sure TLG wont rely on phones only and will use a dedicated remote, since its their way for things to work out of the box. I do hope it will be compatible with phone though.

Edited by Zblj

That is clear. But how is that related to bt? smart phones are by far not the only one device you can control using bt.
So desktop or laptop then? How convenient could that be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, when two devices are paired over BT one of them is "dumb" and other is "smart". Take Sbrick as an example, being dumb it has to have a smart device to be able to control it - like tables or smartphone. I cannot see how anything like Xbox controller could be "smart" in such case. Would be glad if it is otherwise.

I suppose we derailed a bit with this RF/RC/BT conversation, but oh well, we are still speculating.

but we are discussing this as though it is certain they're even going to have it RC! any new pictures or confirmations?

For the rumored price of 300 it has to be RC, anything else would be a rip-off.