Just having a stab in the dark here, but do you think it is possible that their is like a 'brain' to this car similar to the rc unit brick but with motors built in? Just a thought as it looks like the steering is routed through to the back and that would explain the stiffened suspension in the rear

You may not be wrong. I think this model could be used to present us with new PF 2.0 parts and BLE control over smartphone/tablet (as seen in WeDo 2.0 parts).

@ Cypr-21: what is Your source?

You missed one (or more???) pic to share. :classic:

52803412625767102072687549488411908582481n.jpg

I think the brits call it a parcel shelf? No clue how the yanks call it though

Also, way to out yourself as a dutchie :P

In the USA we call it a package tray.

Wow, living in the US, I have NEVER heard it called that, Guess it depends where you are. Some say soda, and some say pop...

Speaker shelf(my car has two 6x9's and 10" sub there - factory) Rear deck. are a couple that comes to mind..

A lot of times, the rear speakers there are refered to as "deck" speakers.

I was wondering, ... what if they remove the HOG gear from the car so they let us believe it is RC ... just wondering ...

911_gt3.jpg

Edited by AndroTech

I was wondering, ... what if they remove the HOG gear from the car so they let us believe it is RC ... just wondering ...

That is indeed a possibility:

iK8orop.jpg

Or maybe that bevel gear is a drive from the steering rack to the steering wheel.

Looks like it from the low quality photo of what's under the hood:

kuUFMlF.jpg

Could be both the HoG (as a drop in tool) and the steering wheel linkage.

Edited by Pomodoro

I guess the gear is part of the regular technic engine, the grey parts could be PF motors tough. I suspect that the angle of the Spoiler will be adjustable via PF, so atleast one PF Motor will be needed. Question is, if they use the new PF 2.0 or not, i looked at images and the rear of the new ones is not smooth/clear of edges. The surface of the grey things here seems to be entirely flat and free of edges.

EDIT: the sides of new ones are smooth and free of edges/engravings. So they could be mounted facing to the center or the sides of the vehicles. But i guess i'm stretching it reeeaallly :laugh: .

Maybe like this? I know the size is a bit off, but they are roughly 6 pins long. This are the new small motors.

Hi AlphaX,

I am a 37 year old kid returning to Lego Technic after a 25 year break... So sorry for my newbies questions. I bought a 42039 recently (the model that brought me back to this world) and I was wondering what could be the point of heaving gears behind the differential, but then I discovered that the real 911GTS has a very compact engine behind the rear axle and the gear box in front (you can see in the 2011 GT3RS seethrough). Regarding the 42039 Lego designers were very faithfull to real world technic aspects of the car (and it wasn't even a licensed product replica of a real car), so I suspect that there might be motors behind the wheels and the black plates are covering a gearbox behind the seats?

Cheers and happy speculations!

post-149807-0-54370800-1453977039_thumb.jpg

Edited by franciscok

From all the pictures that have been seen, whit all possible details are "telling" me that it will "manual-driven" set ... no PF included, which I think is a bit sad and disappointed - unless we see the picoted of what is under the booth,"engine compartment"

Really? Have you contacted TLG?

A completely new set with allready yellowed parts? (Something TLG have said will not happen with their 'new way of producing parts')

:thumbdown:

It's about a year old.

From the pics posted here with the door open, anyone notice the two 32072 in yellow behind the driver's seat? One is vertical to the floor and the other is horizontal to the center tunnel between the seats. Kind of curious what the function could be for...

I think the brits call it a parcel shelf? No clue how the yanks call it though

Also, way to out yourself as a dutchie :P

I should probably be offended, but, being Flemish, I can just laugh it off (with copious amounts of real beer) :laugh:

W.r.t. motorisation of the drivetrain. There is NO WAY Porsche would let this model go ahead if it were to be outrun in a dragrace by, say, a 42042 . That leaves 2 possibilities:

1) The drive-train will not have PF;

2) The drive-train will have new PF;

There, that clarifies a lot :laugh:

Edited by JimDude

Really? Have you contacted TLG?

A completely new set with allready yellowed parts? (Something TLG have said will not happen with their 'new way of producing parts')

:thumbdown:

They solved it for the yellowing due to age, but I suppose there is still a risk with direct sunlight...

From the pics posted here with the door open, anyone notice the two 32072 in yellow behind the driver's seat? One is vertical to the floor and the other is horizontal to the center tunnel between the seats. Kind of curious what the function could be for...

Thanx for better pictures.

This one is very interesting because of higher quality of interior photo:

http://i.auto-bild.de/ir_img/1/4/6/7/3/6/9/Porsche-GT3-RS-und-Speed-Champions-von-Lego-1200x800-7f34d4c99fd275f1.jpg

Max

V6SoVkT.jpg

1. Notice the orange bar has one of these "black, flat thingies used requently in suspensions" attached to it, so it's probably pulling/pushing something attached to the other end.

Or - it's the other way around, something pushes/pulls and it gets propagated to the front. Steering? But then the angle seems to be too flat to push the orange bar, depends on the angle of the black piece which I can't see clear enough.

2. The article once again says interieur and exterieur colors are subject to change and will be the car's regular colors.

3. Edit: the more I think about it the more I think it really could be steering. Remember the weird axle running under the driver's seat? Well, this axle is connected to this whole mechanic (see the blue line going to the front matching the position of the "first grey connectors which make the bend" under the seat)

3b. Or they could connect to the paddles to shift gears, which are also in this region. The paddles seem to rotate the red PF gear shifter on the bottom, near the door. and therefore the motion could be transferred from there back under the seat and then push/pull on the rod to change gears. My favourite theory so far...

4. Also the door has a folding machanism (you can see it better in the original picture)which is interesting; why is it needed? Doors are usually operated my hand and held into place by friction pins. Here there's also an additional folding mechanic at the floor of the door. Is ot roo heavy for friction pins? The end of the black L-part is fixed just below the steering wheel, so there could be a rotating axle, making the door open/close by turning. It however just looks like a black friction pin, not a motorzied axle to open/close the door.

Edited by scooper22

I think it's possible they could be parts of a gear change mechanism, maybe controlled by the mechanisms by the steering wheel? I hesitate to say paddles because I don't see what would be the actual gear change paddles.

Edited by allanp

In THIS picture you can see that the 12T gear that might be used for HOG is too far forward to meet the hole, and if an axle was supposed to be there, a support would be needed.

V6SoVkT.jpg

1. Notice the orange bar has one of these "black, flat thingies used requently in suspensions" attached to it, so it's probably pulling/pushing something attached to the other end.

Or - it's the other way around, something pushes/pulls and it gets propagated to the front. Steering? But then the angle seems to be too flat to push the orange bar, depends on the angle of the black piece which I can't see clear enough.

lego-orange-beam-1-x-2-with-axle-hole-and-pin-hole-74695-27-251668-80.jpg

That orange part is 2L technic beam with the axle hole in the front and pin hole at the back. Pin hole is connected with linkage what can we see clearly. Axle hole is probably connected via axle to yellow knob gear. If you rotate the orange 2L beam you archieve 3L movement what is needed by the new 3L changeover clutchgear. :)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Knob wheels and towball-arm are gear change, or some kind of clutch. Steering this way would be way too floppy. But eh, every year I make predictions like this that are wrong.