Really? Have you contacted TLG?

A completely new set with allready yellowed parts? (Something TLG have said will not happen with their 'new way of producing parts')

:thumbdown:

That group shot with all 4 sets... This car actually competes with the BWE, size/volume -wise.

...and the Claas looks like a standard flagship sized set from any other year!

What can we learn by looking under the hood. Clearly there are multiple functions. I see the two shocks with red connector ends, A small 12T gear on a set of white axle connectors - steering? But what is the white not-quite-a-worm-gear running horizontal in the front? And the trunk is open also, showing that the black 5x11 panel tilts up, revealing??? Need more pictures!!!

Edited by JGW3000

that like wormgear just seems to me 4 half bushes, i think for hood releasing/closing/locking mechanism

The white thing is the new-ish 3L clutch catch over connector... Front suspension seems to be same on le mans racer, yes, very hard, but only a good stud of travel. Since rear seems to have double the springs, the weight there seems to be larger too.

I'm curious about the red shocks. This car would need at least the hard shocks, but why switch to red? Is it a new style/strength? Or are they red to match body color?

I'm curious about the red shocks. This car would need at least the hard shocks, but why switch to red? Is it a new style/strength? Or are they red to match body color?

They have different strengths, they have been used before, tough not that often. If its not that, probably because they're red in the original.

I found this on the net where someone has shopped out the decals. It still looks good.

It looks a very decent size compared to the massive BWE in the other pics previous. There must be one with the boot opened up soon...

post-153921-0-30777000-1453936508_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Frexx

I found this on the net where someone has shopped out the decals. It still looks good.

It looks a very decent size compared to the massive BWE in the other pics previous. There must be one with the boot opened up soon...

The model there is a MATTE black instead of the glossy black that Lego parts usually are. I really like the look of the car in matte, but don't expect it to be like that. I personally do hope that Lego produces it in black, as I think that will be the best color for hiding gaps between the panels.

This doesn't look like the 24hr car suspension at all. That car uses the old dark gray "a-arm" style, this one appears to use the single arm style as used in the snowmobile model. Also, take a look at the closeup view of the front wheel: where are the steering knuckles of the big gray hub? This might be using the same little hub that the snowmobile used as well.

Hi all,

Was this gear already mentioned before? Also could this be somehow connected to presumed motors behind the rear lights? And the round parts on each side of that gear could be part of the motors or extra motors?

Cheers

post-149807-0-04371400-1453937585_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Was this gear already mentioned before? Also could this be somehow connected to presumed motors behind the rear lights? And the round parts on each side of that gear could be part of the motors or extra motors?

Cheers

I guess the gear is part of the regular technic engine, the grey parts could be PF motors tough. I suspect that the angle of the Spoiler will be adjustable via PF, so atleast one PF Motor will be needed. Question is, if they use the new PF 2.0 or not, i looked at images and the rear of the new ones is not smooth/clear of edges. The surface of the grey things here seems to be entirely flat and free of edges.

EDIT: the sides of new ones are smooth and free of edges/engravings. So they could be mounted facing to the center or the sides of the vehicles. But i guess i'm stretching it reeeaallly :laugh: .

9FK30nq.png

Maybe like this? I know the size is a bit off, but they are roughly 6 pins long. This are the new small motors.

Edited by AlphaX

Interesting new photos, though blurry. Open trunk but no view inside. :sing: Other than the mention of LED lights (I never saw a close up confirming it) I'm not convinced that this will be RC, maybe some PF functions, but full RC just seems pretty unlikely. Would like to be proven wrong, as long as it is doesn't take away from the model's functionality.

This doesn't look like the 24hr car suspension at all. That car uses the old dark gray "a-arm" style, this one appears to use the single arm style as used in the snowmobile model. Also, take a look at the closeup view of the front wheel: where are the steering knuckles of the big gray hub? This might be using the same little hub that the snowmobile used as well.

That snowmobile hub wouldn't work here as it is only 3L and the space between the steering arms is 5L.. It also wouldn't support this large wheel very well.. This is most likely just the newer style hub from the 42039.. You can even see the DBG pins from it snapped into the wheel.. I would say one of the knuckles is covered by that yellow tile(I am assuming it is attached to it somehow) and you can kind of see a bit of the other one with what looks like a steering link on it..

Or this could be using some type of new similar hub as it also kind of looks like a LBG towball being used.. Perhaps a rear hub modified with parts..? Maybe this is how they attached the tile to represent the caliper..?

1DJQkJc.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

From a german car site-

In various Lego forums there are rumors at a price of around 300 euros. It is supposed to be a production version in Orange. We suspect that Porsche emphasis on the matching paint. On most press photos showed the producers the 911 GT3 RS in LavaOrange. We hope that the boffins at Lego have the 500-hp 4.0-liter Boxer and the dual clutch transmission implemented faithfully.

(Translated so maybe not entirely accurate) Source-http://www.motor-talk.de/news/lego-tarnt-den-ueber-elfer-t5570497.html

Zusammengebaut Just posted a new video with some new picture angles.

You can also see metallic silver ribbed hoses behind the tail lights suggesting there is something to look at when you open the rear compartment. I guess there is a battery box and an engine?

Just having a stab in the dark here, but do you think it is possible that there is like a 'brain' to this car similar to the rc unit but with motors built in? Just a thought as it looks like the steering is routed through to the back and that would explain the stiffened suspension in the rear

Edited by Nalyd997

Just having a stab in the dark here, but do you think it is possible that their is like a 'brain' to this car similar to the rc unit brick but with motors built in? Just a thought as it looks like the steering is routed through to the back and that would explain the stiffened suspension in the rear

Like a new version of the RC unit?

That would be a bit disappointing

Like a new version of the RC unit?

That would be a bit disappointing

Yeah that's what I thought as well but it wouldn't be inconceivable

Does somebody have a pic of the trunk open?

This would end this speculation :D