Hi ya'll! Did you see that small cylindrical black piece under the left right rearview mirror? Could it be some sort of receiver for RC functions?

Edited by CrazyHorse

Forgive me the quick and dirty photoshop action, but I wanted to get an impression of the effect of the colors:

23mkdvt.jpg

Thats nicely done, i think that they will not use black in the final model, as it sucks up too much of the shapes achieved by the modelling. White seems to be the best choice as its neutral and red gets associated with ferrari the most. Purple... not so much.

Hi ya'll! Did you see that small cylindrical black piece under the left rearview mirror? Could it be some sort of receiver for RC functions?

I believe you are refering to the fuel tank cap, its on the front on the real porsche.

Edited by AlphaX

White would be not too bad now that I see your mock-up. Red not too bad, black looking very good, but not purple. I think those secondary colours like purple, orange, any shade of green or teal just wouldn't look good on this car. Could you try a dark blue and a kinda gun metal grey to see what they would look like?

Forgive me the quick and dirty photoshop action, but I wanted to get an impression of the effect of the colors:

23mkdvt.jpg

Edited by allanp

What is that technic changeover catch left from the steering wheel supposed to do? You can see it on the picture with the doors open. It's in a very weird position.

My bet is there's an angled piece, possibly a thin lift arm, behind that actuates it when you pull the shift down paddle.

Edited by Pomodoro

Looking at the linkages i'm starting to think that the paddles are used to pop open the doors. If so the change over cache would be part of that keeps the door closed. Anyway when will we know for sure what the model will look like, and please don't say august?

Black, hope its black... Anything but white, imagine after a few years you have a car that is tan to brown on one side, and still white on the other? Maybe that's why all the camo stickers :grin: to hide the color change of the white parts.

Could you try a dark blue and a kinda gun metal grey to see what they would look like?

As requested. I also played with the 42039 green, standard TLG yellow, standard blue and the 42050 azure:

18ypna.jpg

Well - anything but red or black. White looks good but as it was pointed out - the white parts will degrade over time. That dark blue is very appealing to me - it's blue, it's dark, yet not black-dark that the details and contours would get lost. Metallic gray is not that bad either, I actually like it very much. Let's wait for the release and see what people from TLG decided to go with.

Ooooh nice! Thank you :classic: The dark blue and the metallic grey (silver) look great. But the green? :sick: Wonder if they could do a metallic dark blue or metallic dark red? Hmmmm

Edited by allanp

TLG uses different kind of plastic now so white/grey/blue will not have the same problems as in the old days

Ooooh nice! Thank you :classic:

Yes, can you "gulf" it also? :thumbup:

Any Porshe in lime green immediately draws my mind to the RUF RT12 S haha

I still quite like the purple and of course black, but I agree that they will hide too much detail. White and silver would be my other top choices with that in mind.

(Also it's been quite some time since I've really been interested in Technic sets, this set is really pulling me back in :wub: )

^ Interior color has been brought up several times :) I know it's quite a lot of reading through 10 pages of comments but you should do before suggesting that something has been missed.

The paddle shifters, new panels, and other things have been mentioned multiple times as well. Why feel the need to say this?

I have viewed this thread multiple times, and there multiple new post after I make a post.

There must be some heavy equipment in the back if it needs 2 shocks on each rear wheel to support it..

Yeah I thought the same thing... Electric motors and batteries are heavy... That is one assumption I had going out of the window. The other one (about the doorhandles) is also debunked already :sick: , they are strictly ornamental

Am i the only one hoping it will be yellow? Then again unless it has a really nice B-model i wont be getting it but still it would be nice to look at.

This must be first Technic set with the same colour for the chassis and the body work, no?

Battery box?

Even the 8070 didn't need multiple shocks to support the weight of the battery box.. Granted there is a bit more weight in parts in this model..

Too bad those guys couldn't get a pic with the hood in the front open..

Edited by Paul Boratko

Is there really much more weight in the bodywork compared to the 8070? Shocks may be red but the spring could be the hardest one

My opinion is that there is no RC. I think they would tell us that at a toy fair. Most Lego R/c are really slow even though they are much smaller than this.

My thought is that there is power function to power the fake motor and rear wheels so you can play with the paddle shifted tranmission.

I hope there is a new Larger cylinder block for this scale. We need something new for engines.

It will not have those stickers either.

Steve

I'm not expecting one. I guess it would have to be another Porsche.
Yeah, you won't need to change much to get another generation of 911 :classic:

Is there really much more weight in the bodywork compared to the 8070? Shocks may be red but the spring could be the hardest one

Actually there are quite a lot more body parts in this Porsche model.. The 8070 was pretty simplistic.. Mainly 6 panels in the back and a few flexible axles..

8070-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

Not sure if there's a "lot" more honestly

My opinion is that there is no RC. I think they would tell us that at a toy fair

Steve

I think it's because this set is simply not done yet, hence the stickers and the black colour. PF parts takes a long time to develop (and it's not in house afaik)

If it could drive etc, that would be shown. Afterall toy fairs are VERY important for TLG to pitch their products to retailers

As requested. I also played with the 42039 green, standard TLG yellow, standard blue and the 42050 azure:

18ypna.jpg

Designers are looking at this and thinking "Dang it, I knew we shouldn't have done it in brown!"