Hope it is red.

Yes, it isn't the best colour for your MOCs, and you migh be bored of red cars.

I have seen some silver 911 and they are... boring. White is somewhat better in that aspect.

I simply don't see it being purple, too bizzare.

Red is the colour used in the presentation for this generation GT3, the colour that I (and probably many people) associate to it.

You aslo have to consider than this car should appeal aslo to adult car fans that migh be interested in this one. I don't see them buying it purple.

Hope it is red.

Yes, it isn't the best colour for your MOCs, and you migh be bored of red cars.

I have seen some silver 911 and they are... boring. White is somewhat better in that aspect.

I simply don't see it being purple, too bizzare.

Red is the colour used in the presentation for this generation GT3, the colour that I (and probably many people) associate to it.

You aslo have to consider than this car should appeal also to adult car fans that migh be interested in this one. I don't see them buying it purple.

If this car will come in white, I will buy it in a heartbeat!!!

This set in white will be perfect as a set donor for my custom MOCs :)

Seems like they spent quite a lot of time with those stickers. I'm not sure they would have done that just for this exhibition.

Whoa. That is some driver's area. I wonder how much will that cost me on the options list.

Now can anyone deduce the gobbins there?

2 speed gear box!?

and what's up with the elastic bands?! that is new... I wonder what's is for...

The blue pins really ruining it for me... why not in black!?

What is that new crawler in the background? another new set!? edit* YES it is - 42055 !!!! nice :)

Edited by ARXD

So it is going to move on its own power at the flick of a switch. But what's gonna move it?

Seems like they spent quite a lot of time with those stickers. I'm not sure they would have done that just for this exhibition.

Actually I think that applying these stickers was the only time consuming aspect. Other than that, it's just a random cammouflage pattern spread onto classic panel sticker shapes, I can imagine that being done within several minutes :)

I believe that the stick in the middle will be a handbrake function, or change in between front wheel steering and 4 Wheel steering, since the newer models have a backwheel steering (tough the ratio is not the same, it helps in cornering).

Also the steering wheel is relatively far away from the shifters, which will them more accesible for your fingers, but i doubt that they will be functional, since i see no mechanical connection besides a middle strut where booth sides are connected to. On the latest image here we can also see one of those red gearbox switches, i think it will be here for turning the lights on/off or tilting the spoiler. (wich seems to has been done, look at the angles of it.

Also on the front window, on the dashboard is a small hole, you can see a small gear trough it, i suspect that you can plug a small knob in it, for more accesible steering.

The battery box will mostlikely be in the front, for accessibility and weight dispersion.

So what we get will most likely be:

- Power functions light

- Spoiler which is changeable in angle

- a handbrake or switch between Front Wheel Steering or 4 Wheel Steering. (or the spoiler can be adjusted from it)

I'd love if the final model is white, or if they sell it in different colour variations. The rear is a bit too flat for me tbh tough.

Edited by AlphaX

I hope the 16+ doesn't mean that too much tweaking is needed to make the model work.

EDIT: I believe what we see under the left seat is the axle from the paddle shifter to the gear selecting mechanism. Captain obvious spoke.

But I don't see how the paddles can be pulled/pushed, so I'm guessing it will be just some indicator feature. But let us hope that means either an awesome motorized shifting mechanism, or a new servo motor without angle limits.

Edited by Lipko

Well, it's a Beetle then.

The size is impressive, but imho that's about the only thing based and what I saw up to this moment.

I don't see anything interesting. No realistic steering. I doubt it to be RC, at least what driving is concerned.

The problem is, that the PF motors would be strong enough to move it. But the known parts wouldn't be able to stand the momentum/impulse during acceleration/braking.

May be shifters and stick connected with gearbox behind the seats (It is connected to engine and situated in the back in real car, right?). The universal joint on the floor connect switching mechanism with shifters...

Yes, they would. These toy fairs are VERY important for TLG as it's here they pitch the sets to retailers

This set will be out in August I was just told by Promobricks - let's get all excited!!!

Good news everybody the 5L suspension wishbone in in black now!

24623207066_7a17f8417c_z.jpgPorshe by JJ2Sam, on Flickr

Also there is a mysterious CV joint next to the steering wheel, and a flat grey piece that looks alot like a motor :cry_happy::excited:

Edited by JJ2

Whoa. That is some driver's area. I wonder how much will that cost me on the options list.

Now can anyone deduce the gobbins there?

It looks VERY messy in a complete black car. Looks like a prelim MOC honestly

Also, I highly doubt there are rubberbands like that in the real life Porsche :thumbdown:

Edited by 1974

These are the 4 colors it comes in.. I am hoping for orange.. :classic:

12565540_10154417108570942_8702928697767883416_n.jpg?oh=23b1c4bb9dce54cccc4d12cbf1be9b01&oe=57448B4A

Forgive me the quick and dirty photoshop action, but I wanted to get an impression of the effect of the colors:

23mkdvt.jpg

Good news everybody the 5L suspension wishbone in in black now!

Porshe by JJ2Sam, on Flickr

Also there is a mysterious CV joint next to the steering wheel, and a flat grey piece that looks alot like a motor :cry_happy::excited:

The grey piece is part of the exhaust system in the real one. I have 3d modeled one of these some time ago and know this from my research. It also seems to flat and lacks possible connector holes for a PF Motor.

The "CV" seems to be this part here, you can see it in one of the youtube videos.

Edited by AlphaX

I'm so anxious about the building technices used/introduced with this one-of-a-kind set. Also I believe that the color might change - both the interior and exterior - Promobricks told me yesterday that the car will probably become white mottled. But we can all just speculate for the moment, that's what makes it exciting!