Btw why so sure it won't come with this stickers on black colour to the conveyer?

They were probably some typo, Huw from brickset stated that he is not sure with these prices.

I did some math in the BWE forum, I think the BWE is not €300.

~ 230€ for the Porsche sounds for me way more reasonable than more than 300... of course only if the Porsche is not stuffed full with new PF 2.0 and new Remote 2.0 stuff...in the latter case also 300 would make sense... but i doubt all these new RC rumours... for me its probably a new supercar as successor of good old 8880 with all bells and whistles (seq. gearbox incl. paddels, switch between 2WD and 4WD - maybe with an option to drive it with good old PF and IR (one receiver, one XL or L for drive, one servo for steering), in this case the switch between seats could change between manual supercar/gearbox-mode and RC mode... this would fit quite well in the 230€ price...

Thoughts?

Edited by Kumbbl

From day one a price tag of 300 euros has been mentioned. So it probably will be 300 euros :laugh:

(I think it's RC, which justifies the price tag)

Your are right, but I dont get why everybody want 4WD in rear wheels drive car as GT3 RS is ...

From day one a price tag of 300 euros has been mentioned. So it probably will be 300 euros :laugh:

(I think it's RC, which justifies the price tag)

IMO this car cannot justify price tag 300€, I like technic sets but I dont like licensing that cost a lot.I buy technic set no license ,this is probably why I never bought star wars set :D . Edited by Ondra

Btw why so sure it won't come with this stickers on black colour to the conveyer?

Nobody has given us tangible proof that it won't be black. Pure speculation at this point, although some members will probably know what color it will be.

Nobody has given us tangible proof that it won't be black. Pure speculation at this point, although some members will probably know what color it will be.

I would love it in black colour :thumbup: (except the interior) with decent GT3 (not GT2!) stickers and stripes in any colour. And it seems to me this set won´t come out before autumn, so it should be overrun as for Christmas presents (cannot immagine a better present!).

I think a price tag about 300 Euros for such huge model at 1:8 scale with estimated 3.500 parts AND (???) new RC components, hopefully bluetooth via smartphone, would be justified nowadays. Please anybody who goes by - open the bonnets! I have a nice C - model in mind already (another German car of course :grin: ). Anyway the expectations here are way too high already IMO and I really doubt they will be met all together.

Hi, I am new here. And I just find this video form the facebook of promobricks. I can see clearly double red shock absorbers on the rear wheel. There is also a relatively large grey block behind the rear wheel. I am not sure what it is. Could it be related to PF?

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Promobricks/videos/987953467929023/

I hope I got this right. Anyway, first post.

I think this is the best summary statement of all the new sets we have seen today. I agree with Blakbird, we really are entering into a new realm of Technic models. Prior to 2011, we hadn't even seen a model over 2000 pieces (strictly speaking Technic). Now, in only five years. we have seen TLG double the pieces available in big flagship sets. Now I know this is not the same thing as complexity, but we have seen some pretty fun, complex sets as well. We recently also just got a new pneumatics system. Now myself, as well as others, have been clamoring for a long time to see more adult-themed sets. Many would like to even see a whole new sub-genre of Technic dedicated to nothing more than adults. It seems to me, that at least to a degree, TLG is listening to our pleas. We cant expect too much change over night, but little by little, at least in my opinion, at least the ceiling of what is available to more adult minded Technic folks is being raised. Significantly. This set, and even more so, the BWE, are meant to test us as adult builders. TLG is giving us, to a degree, what we want (IMO). Not everyone, and not everything..... but what I see from this and the BWE is a good faith effort of TLG to give us better, and more adult-level Technic sets.

Now I know the price of this new set is high. I get it. But I dunno..... I think it is weird that we hear everyone ask for all these things they want, bigger, badder, more realistic sets.... and then when they deliver (debatable) they complain of the price. Did TLG deliver? Sure that is debatable, but I think one would be hard pressed to argue that they are not at least trying. These advances, and if we are truly entering into a new realm of Technic models, like Blakbird mentioned, it is going to come as a cost. I don't think that we can sit here and complain about the price when, at least IMO TLG is making a good faith effort to fill the whims of more adult-theme sets. Along with the request for something more "adult" ---- a more "adult" price tag will come.

Absolutely agree. When I saw the mobile crane 42009 I already realised that Technic had gone into a whole new level of sophistication while I wasn't looking (my dark ages). The Arocs and now this year's sets confirm that trend.

And I don't think the price is actually that high. If you see what adults spend on model trains, RC cars, racing bikes and other hobbies, I think LEGO Technic is one of the cheaper hobbies :wink: For sure a lot of adults have significant spending money available. The UCS sets and the architecture sets also are quite expensive and apparently do well, so it's a logical step for TLG to continue to target adults in other areas as well.

And I don't think the price is actually that high. If you see what adults spend on model trains, RC cars, racing bikes and other hobbies, I think LEGO Technic is one of the cheaper hobbies :wink: For sure a lot of adults have significant spending money available. The UCS sets and the architecture sets also are quite expensive and apparently do well, so it's a logical step for TLG to continue to target adults in other areas as well.

Exactly! Expensive Star Wars sets are being sold like hot cakes and I think this goes for Technic as well. And this Porsche might very well be the set to get even more men (presumably) out of their Dark Ages.

Just not AFOLs if they make something like the box shown every kid will want it. An even parents will feel more compelled to buy such a set even if expensive rather than the BWE for example. It just looks amazing.

This looks like a technic model I (we) had been waiting for for a long time. I am not a big Porsche fan but this looks like TLG finally caught up with the best MOCers in supercar department. Be it 200 or 300 Euros - I got to get at least one of these :)

As for the color - my wishful thinking is dark blue, that would look awesome (I am longing for a blue supercar). If they are going with one of the 4 official colors - anything but red, please! Purple does not seem likely due to future usability, but white or metallic dark gray (or whatever that colour is named, maybe pearl dark gray) are possible. That metallic gray would be my best bet - white might too dull for such set.

Hi, I am new here. And I just find this video form the facebook of promobricks. I can see clearly double red shock absorbers on the rear wheel. There is also a relatively large grey block behind the rear wheel. I am not sure what it is. Could it be related to PF?

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Promobricks/videos/987953467929023/

I hope I got this right. Anyway, first post.

At 0:17 it's a something rounded in LBG behind the back wheel. It may be not an RC, but just engine replica with these ribbed hoses. Anyway nice found - there is pair of red shock absorbers. So there is a suspension. Red ones - are they hard? May someone estimate how much weight needed for 4 of red shock absorbers?

Edited by Victor Imaginator

...I think this set will make us stand... at release.

Reason enough for me to buy it! :laugh:

About suspension : the red shock absorbers were spotted, those?

lego-small-shock-absorber-with-extra-hard-spring-76537-28-2.jpg

if viewed in 1080p...

at :

0:17 LED cables going down from the headlight

0:31 some grey block can be seen just before the front suspension

0:35 you can see the "head" of standard engine block (boxer type configuration)

0:37 what is this orange part behind the driver seat near the frame ?

regards

Even if it remains like now (I mean the color combination) it would be a great set.

The price of 300€ it could be real because I read on some other forums that they use a new PF 2.0.

I know that my wallet will suffer a lot for all three sets (porsche, BWE and tractor)

Edited by Strojnik80

I need this even if it is a Porsche! As Jim i wouldn't mind having it in black with the camo stickers on it :)

Standard engine block, and a separate block, you say, AOW?

Is it what I think it is? And is it why the front end is a bit too long in comparison to the real car?

Black car with black chassis and black interior is very Batman. Not very exiting. A classic coulor would be silver metallic but that is hopefully not gonna happen

It be hilarious if TLG misunderstood that razzle dazzle camouflage and thought it was some kinda hip new thing that Porche is using on their cars now :laugh:

Edited by 1974

No HOG steering, and a antenna(or is it something else?) (at car's right side near door) confirms it will have a new RC system - imo.

Edited by GoldVillage

No HOG steering, and a antenna (at car's right side near door) confirms it will have a new RC system - imo.

I don't see any antenna-like object, can you take a screenshot of what you mean? Could you be referring to the fuel cap?

Edited by erelender