Awesome looking model... But at this scale and with these special fender pieces that feels a bit like cheating. Less of a challenge so to say.

Very, very happy with the new rims, finally a proper offset...

Very curious for the mechanism near the steering wheel, in the video you can see some red clutch catcherovers in the structure in front of the steering wheel. So most likely there is indeed some kind of flappy pedal sequential gearbox on board.

The center catchover could be to switch between 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with locked center differential, but I have no idea whether this car IRL has this feature.

RC or not RC, that is the question... I have a hard time believing that Lego would put both a sequential gearbox and an RC function in one model. The efficiency losses in the geartrain are just too big to have both in and still have a decent performance. I'd go out on a limb and guess that the pricetag is high because of the Porsche license... :cry_sad:

The low ride height could be because the model is bolted down. It most likely looks better with the springs fully compressed, so why not use the bolt to bring the model as low as possible.

I think the brits call it a parcel shelf? No clue how the yanks call it though

Also, way to out yourself as a dutchie :P

In the USA we call it a package tray.

In Canada we call it "that ledge over there underneath your back window, eh" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The center catchover could be to switch between 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with locked center differential, but I have no idea whether this car IRL has this feature.

Yeah, this particular Porsche 911 GT3 RS is only rear wheel drive..

These are the 4 colors it comes in.. I am hoping for orange.. :classic:

12565540_10154417108570942_8702928697767883416_n.jpg?oh=23b1c4bb9dce54cccc4d12cbf1be9b01&oe=57448B4A

Seeing the Go-kard using purple colored panels... It wouldnt be too far fetched it will be purple?

About the gear level in the center, as I said before, maybe it switches from DIRECT RC drive motors to the sequential gearbox and fake motor.

This way you have minimum amount of gear loss when driving in RC and a functional gearbox for the fake engine.

Seeing the orange in the Volvo and some recent sets, I'm guessing orange as well.

Please not red. Please not red. Please not red. OH GOD! Please NOT RED! :cry_sad:

Purple, lime, black, even orange or white is fine by me :D But please not red.

Nice would be if they'd add two sticker sheets: one camo, one racing, as a substitude for a full body kit. Needs neutral colors like black, silver or white, tho.

Edited by scooper22

I hope its gonna be red or something like the silver one, cause all those panels in silver would be amazing. I dont know if anyone has asked before, but there is no hand of god steering, so its gotta have to be rc ??

If this was an ordinary Technic release, someone would be halfway to having this built in red and yellow by now. Does anyone dare make the attempt on this one? (I'm not even close to being that great of a designer/builder)

If this was an ordinary Technic release, someone would be halfway to having this built in red and yellow by now. Does anyone dare make the attempt on this one? (I'm not even close to being that great of a designer/builder)

I dont have all the parts in same colors BUT....I could give it a try? Though any other of the 4 models, especially the BWE would be easier to build because they are less finished/polished.

I see some people questioning the existence of suspension, I think the video posted earlier puts that to rest. You can see wishbones clearly, and a small glimpse of a spring

legoporsche.jpg

It can be seen more clearly around 0:15 in the video posted earlier, if viewed in 1080p

Edited by z3_2drive

If this were RWD and remote controlled in any way then the grey parts visible through the panels at the rear either side could be 2x L-motors with one connecting to each rear wheel individually. That would be how I would drive an RC car of this size; miss out the differential gear from the power drive train as a single one (and its bevel gears) can't handle the torque of driving a heavy model. I broke a bevel gear on this much smaller truck!

I think it is unlikely to be PF2/Bluetooth controlled because that has a longer time to market, following WeDo2. TLG need to fix the issue of stackable plugs before PF2 gets into consumer sets. I think PF2 will launch as a whole system to the whole range of PF sets in whichever year or half year is the target introduction date; this would include a new pack to replace 8293 for the PF-add-on sets. The WeDo2 hub would not have the power to drive 2x L-motors or similar in order to drive a car of this size; the hub uses 2x AA cells or a single 3.7V LiPo; WeDo is under-powered compared to consumer sets because low power is safe for kids in school for the purposes of the curriculum pack that accompanies the sets.

A sequential gearbox would be great. The belts on the paddles seem to indicate such functionality. Is it that function whose drive goes under the driver's seat?

I suppose the internal rear end might not have been designed yet. I haven't studied a real car to see what it has inside at the rear e.g. how much of the right type of engine is visible through the rear window compared to other supercar engines; some have a flat engine that would be squatter than a V-engine. I'm no car expert, so I only know that a road-going Porsche typically has the boot at the front so the rear must be full of the engine? Hence the idea that it might not have been installed yet.

I welcome the 3x7 curved panels. I have been wanting those to go alongside the 3x7 tapered ones. However, this is the sort of set with a price premium (as shown by the minimalist box art!) so not so much a parts pack in itself. No doubt the same piece shapes will show up in 2017 sets. Looks like we also get 6x wheel arch panels as there are 2 extra ones inside the front wheels.

For panel colours I would be happy with black or white. Orange would be bold and interesting but red would be boring. I wouldn't bother with the stickers, whether they were a bespoke design for the production car, a racing version, or this camouflage that we are told won't happen. Nice gimmick to mirror the test car though.

Mark

Holy buckets. This is a whole new paradigm for Technic cars. In the beginning, the supercars were just a chassis, then a simple body was added with 8865. Over time the bodies became more accurate and used more panels and flex elements, but Technic cars were still mostly "suggested" with lots of holes in the bodywork. This is the first time I have seen a nearly filled supercar body. It is incredibly accurate and instantly recognizable.

I think this is the best summary statement of all the new sets we have seen today. I agree with Blakbird, we really are entering into a new realm of Technic models. Prior to 2011, we hadn't even seen a model over 2000 pieces (strictly speaking Technic). Now, in only five years. we have seen TLG double the pieces available in big flagship sets. Now I know this is not the same thing as complexity, but we have seen some pretty fun, complex sets as well. We recently also just got a new pneumatics system. Now myself, as well as others, have been clamoring for a long time to see more adult-themed sets. Many would like to even see a whole new sub-genre of Technic dedicated to nothing more than adults. It seems to me, that at least to a degree, TLG is listening to our pleas. We cant expect too much change over night, but little by little, at least in my opinion, at least the ceiling of what is available to more adult minded Technic folks is being raised. Significantly. This set, and even more so, the BWE, are meant to test us as adult builders. TLG is giving us, to a degree, what we want (IMO). Not everyone, and not everything..... but what I see from this and the BWE is a good faith effort of TLG to give us better, and more adult-level Technic sets.

Now I know the price of this new set is high. I get it. But I dunno..... I think it is weird that we hear everyone ask for all these things they want, bigger, badder, more realistic sets.... and then when they deliver (debatable) they complain of the price. Did TLG deliver? Sure that is debatable, but I think one would be hard pressed to argue that they are not at least trying. These advances, and if we are truly entering into a new realm of Technic models, like Blakbird mentioned, it is going to come as a cost. I don't think that we can sit here and complain about the price when, at least IMO TLG is making a good faith effort to fill the whims of more adult-theme sets. Along with the request for something more "adult" ---- a more "adult" price tag will come.

If I was gonna introduce a new PF system, I would want the set to be impressive, especially if the new system has updated rc motors.

As for the hate on the pf2 system, we have only seen a very small facet of it.

The thing I HATE the most about this set is that I don't have it sitting in front of me, ready to build, right now.

I like the black, I like the camo, I like the attention to detail, I may have to sell the daughter to get this, but I definitely want it.

12565540_10154417108570942_8702928697767883416_n.jpg?oh=23b1c4bb9dce54cccc4d12cbf1be9b01&oe=57448B4A

I would chose red

I suppose the internal rear end might not have been designed yet. I haven't studied a real car to see what it has inside at the rear e.g. how much of the right type of engine is visible through the rear window compared to other supercar engines; some have a flat engine that would be squatter than a V-engine. I'm no car expert, so I only know that a road-going Porsche typically has the boot at the front so the rear must be full of the engine? Hence the idea that it might not have been installed yet.

THE defining part of the 911 design (besides looking like a flattened VW Beetle) is the 6 cylinder boxer engine (so, flat) behind the rear axle, it shouldnt be visible through the read window etc.. The entire space where the engine should be is covered entirely in panels right now, so there is no telling what is in there, PF motors, fake engine etc..

Color-wise, ill just throw this out there, if they make the thing purple, price point wont matter, i wont get it :sick: (there are unique new panels in there, and even if there werent, the cost of changing the color would be insane)

Well its Porsche and they did it in Red option.

Remember this is LEGO parts, so White and Grey are pale.

Color-wise, ill just throw this out there, if they make the thing purple, price point wont matter, i wont get it :sick: (there are unique new panels in there, and even if there werent, the cost of changing the color would be insane)

Neither most of us would chose Purple I guess.

I would chose red

I'd hope for silver. Quite some panels are available in silver (on that GOTG ship), as well as some beams, so not too many extra parts are needed in that colour.

All black is just too boring.

I suspect it has functional doorhandles as well

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

I didn't meet silver beams or panels before but I wonder how would this color perform in the long term. We know that gray and white don't do good. If silver does good then it would make this car astonishing.

@AllanP, probably because its soo sexy.... j/k offcourse.

Anyhow this is one of the first sets (after coming out my darkage) i really want to get my hands on...

So BWE will cost 300€ so I assume that this beauty will cost less.Another price at London toy fair was 179£ so I assume this is right price for this car.

Source

http://zusammengebau...nd-images-4160/ .

Wasn't the BWE been officially announced earlier to cost 180£?

Edited by Samer

Wasn't the BWE been officially announced earlier to cost 180£?

They were probably some typo, Huw from brickset stated that he is not sure with these prices.