Maybe these "paddle shifters" just move to simulate gears being shifted through a mechanism connected to some type of remote controlled gearbox in the rear..? Meaning that they really don't do anything other than move when gears are shifted.. That would still be pretty neat..

I thought the same thing, but then why would the rubber bands be there? If they are connected to the gearbox, and move when the gears are shifted, then rubber bands would seem like a redundancy in this location.

Red, the set will be red.

It's the colour used in the presentation and in official pictures for the 911 991 GT3 RS.

BTW, I aslo saw one of these in a local car meeting. Big rear wing.

As noted by another earlier, the new panels are black. Why would TLG make black panels that will never be sold?

Maybe what they will release is the shell that we see with as of yet unknown remote control.

Probably intended to look like this ultimate street legal trim:

If TLG were to include all of the stickers we see I may just put them on for the first time.

I doubt they would make it a color that isn't one of the four official GT3 RS colors: white, GT silver, ultraviolet, and lava orange.

I thought the same thing, but then why would the rubber bands be there? If they are connected to the gearbox, and move when the gears are shifted, then rubber bands would seem like a redundancy in this location.

What I meant was they might not be directly connected to the gearbox's inner workings, but just may move as a kind of indicator when the gears shift up or down.. Something like one of those knob gears could turn and make it move and then the rubberband returns it..

Edited by Paul Boratko

If this does in fact turn out to be Remotely Controlled, I would imagine that it will be some type of bluetooth technology.. That would make the most sense and also add some justification to it's heavy price tag..

If it uses Bluetooth it would still have to come with a transmitter. I don't think LEGO could expect everyone to have a compatible device to control it, and this would also make it impossible to control in the future when such devices cease to exist.

I like how TLG realised the fuel tank.

And on the box lights are lightning so any LED included?

If it uses Bluetooth it would still have to come with a transmitter. I don't think LEGO could expect everyone to have a compatible device to control it, and this would also make it impossible to control in the future when such devices cease to exist.

Perhaps it will come with everything that is needed..? Maybe that is why it is so expensive..? I don't know.. Just spit-balling here..

If this is remote controlled, I can't see them going to radio and the infrared is a poor alternative for a model like that..

I like how TLG realised the fuel tank.

And on the box lights are lightning so any LED included?

The fuel cap was one of the first things that I noticed in the video.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Maybe there is too much slack in the system to get the paddles in the right place.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but check out those rims, it doesn't look perfect but the hubs look as though they are sitting much further in. Making the steering pivot a lot better! I shall have to start saving

I think the brits call it a parcel shelf? No clue how the yanks call it though

Also, way to out yourself as a dutchie :P

In the USA we call it a package tray.

What to say ... this set is awesome. It is so impressive even when most of its features are not fully disclosed yet. Definite a must buy for every AFOL (if he/she can afford it).

Could this be the first set without a B-model or do you think TLG has a yet another surprise in store for us?

Thank you TLG!

886309_924270934307612_1050512250741836587_o.jpg

12640357_924270957640943_1460104126248011091_o.jpg

Top picture - what is that part that looks like the bottom of a 1x2 LBG brick, above the tire - why would that be there???? Related to a brake function?

Bottom picture - looks like some corrugated pearl grey hoses behind the bottom set of red trans lights parts - what are these parts all about??? Related to PF2 components? Related to what looks like L-motors (or maybe a new type of PF2 motor) (as mentioned previously) tucked behind the 3x5 curved panels?

Edited by JGW3000

The 1x2 brick is a Technic brick with axle hole

The hoses are probably just there for detailing. The engine is supposed to be in the back.

Top picture - what is that part that looks like the bottom of a 1x2 LBG brick, above the tire - why would that be there???? Related to a brake function?

Bottom picture - looks like some corrugated pearl grey hoses behind the bottom set of red trans lights parts - what are these parts all about??? Related to PF2 components? Related to what looks like L-motors (or maybe a new type of PF2 motor) (as mentioned previously) tucked behind the 3x5 curved panels?

I think that LBG brick is being used to support a kind of air intake piece..

Edited by Paul Boratko

Yes, a1x2 technic brick, but seems like an odd location for such a part. at least it should be black to blend in.

Yes, a1x2 technic brick, but seems like an odd location for such a part. at least it should be black to blend in.

I think the only reason why it is so noticeable is because whomever is taking the pic is kind of crouched down getting an upwards shot.. Probably won't see it at all from a normal view..

Is the model screwed to the bottom so that we couldn't lift up the car to see the underside (or theft protection)?

Edited by Jump

Is the model screwed to the bottom so that we couldn't lift up the car to see the underside (or theft protection)?

LOL.. It does look like it is.. They didn't want anyone to get a look at "The Money Shot" :laugh:

I would really like to get a box like this :-)

Empty? Why would you want and empty box? :grin:

Wow. This model is the supercar Technic has been waiting for IMO. The looks alone make it a must buy for me. I also like the box hopefully they keep that minus the camo. The different box also makes me wonder whether this will be a S@H exclusive or something. Maybe there will be a Porsche dealership edition similar to how the 8461 F1 had a dealership edition

I don't think this will be your average flagship set. With all the secrecy and the 16+ on the box, the overall look of it is telling me this is going to be something very special. It's hard to know for sure or to form an opinion just yet because we can't see ANY of the functionality. But I am very excited and at the very least I can see those awesome new wheels that we've been asking for and something about it's look just says it's going to be something very special.