the hat-plank (1)

(1) Not even Google could get that translated...

I think the brits call it a parcel shelf? No clue how the yanks call it though

Also, way to out yourself as a dutchie :P

I wouldnt count out new hubs yet, in the close up you can see a 6l link in front side of the suspension connected to a connector... If they used old hubs, why would the connector be needed?

Looks like the standard hub, 2 balljoint pins on each side to connect the wishbones, which are connected with 5L thin liftarms (already excludes a SLA setup) so they can mount a spring to the lower wishbone.

I'll be happy if they manage to suprise me, but i doubt this will be the case, Looks very much like the setup already seen in the le mans racer (which is itself a variant of the same double wishbone setup lego uses since 1988).

The space between the wheels looks to be roughly similar between the 599 and 911 though, and the 599 has relatively small wheels for the car its supposed to be (and pretty open wheelarches)

I cant help but think Lego wouldnt be stupid enough to put out a set aimed squarely at AFOL car nuts and get the scale on the box wrong, so i still assume its 1:10

I guess if they are going to call it 1:10 scale, then they can.. The model to me just looks larger than their previous 1:10 scale cars.. I have a 1:8 scale model Corvette by Revell and it's wheels are roughly the same size as the ones in the 42000..

Edited by Paul Boratko

Is it just me or are all the new sets breaking the internet today (this along with the excavator)? Although only on my phone, these couples threads are abnormally slow today.

I have some thoughts that I will deserve until I get home I'm front of a proper computer. But I think it's safe to say, with as much traffic these sets are getting, they are widely popular.

What about the possibility of a new rc unit, compaitble with PF2.0? The middle part of the rear axle seems to be covered, so a unit in the middle part of the axle that provides drive + steering could be hiding there. This would also explain the cv joint that seems to be going under the driver seat to the steering column, and presumably also to the steering mechanism.

Do we know what the piece count for this set is? I'm guessing around 1500.

Considering the size of this model and a Mustang from Sheepo with no PF is 3500 parts and with PF 4k. I would guess 3000 parts for the Porsche is in the ballpark. 1500 would be a very open body or chassis, which the Porsche doesn't seem to have for either.

Is it just me or are all the new sets breaking the internet today (this along with the excavator)? Although only on my phone, these couples threads are abnormally slow today.

I have some thoughts that I will deserve until I get home I'm front of a proper computer. But I think it's safe to say, with as much traffic these sets are getting, they are widely popular.

I'm on my normal laptop, and I can say the site is pretty slow for me too. Definitely not the laptop's fault.

I see two new panels, the wheel arches and the 3x7? curved ones. I hope we get color options on those as soon as possible.

Anyways this one is screaming vinyl customization. It is a NFS Most Wanted wet dream.

if those stickers aren't included in the set TLG should release a template so anyone can make their own.

I wouldnt count out new hubs yet, in the close up you can see a 6l link in front side of the suspension connected to a connector... If they used old hubs, why would the connector be needed?

I thought the same thing. It looks like the 6L link connects to a Towball on Axle connecting to something that received an axle (like this). If they are going to pack this full of electronics, the drivetrain will have to support the weight better than current parts (i.e. hubs) currently do.

for me the price is the killer. I have hard time justify that amount for money for lego car. if it comes in nice colour, I might consider it. I still think it would be cool and doable, especially it is gonna be available vie legoshop only, to choose from several body colours.

I would go for purple which is factory option for 911 gt3 rs.

Porsche-911-GT3-RS-11-1068x712.jpg

If this has a fake engine (it probably does) that that means new engine block parts? I think the current parts would be quite off-scale.

I'm guessing this is not a finished design, and that further tweaks and may be new parts - including steering and suspension, may show up (hopefully).

Maybe these "paddle shifters" just move to simulate gears being shifted through a mechanism connected to some type of remote controlled gearbox in the rear..? Meaning that they really don't do anything other than move when gears are shifted.. That would still be pretty neat..

Edited by Paul Boratko

I for one like the camouflage, it really reminds me of one of the Angels from Neon Genesis Evangelion. More specifically, Leliel:

angel_series__leliel_by_seifex.jpg

I'm really curious if they are going to keep the black color scheme, or if that is just to hide detail. I'm also seriously wondering if there is any PF at all, I don't see anything clearly indicating it. Also of curiosity is the shift paddles by the steering wheel, even though there is a shifter on the center console as well.

Edited by Saberwing40k

If this has a fake engine (it probably does) that that means new engine block parts? I think the current parts would be quite off-scale.

The engine parts we're used to seem to be pretty off scale for most every set they come in :p

That's a small panel....

edit: ^what he said

Edited by Appie

What the h*** is this?

An antenna? So it must be RC!

24336850000_3038c1d0f2_t.jpg

That's black panel #21

Edit. Damn, was a bit slow, too many people today!

Edited by zux

If this does in fact turn out to be Remotely Controlled, I would imagine that it will be some type of bluetooth technology.. That would make the most sense and also add some justification to it's heavy price tag..