I did, First set since ever? Even previous flagships (and BWE) have 11-16. I still totally expect a book with 300 steps to add one liftarm each step, as is the norm.

I hope that will the case. I don't want to ruin something just to rebuild half of the thing and I don't want to pay extra attention for 12 hours either, so yup, I prefer the instruction-for-dummies version for such a huge model.

indeed 16+, as i said in the 2016 topic, will it therefore be a limited edition or brand store exclusive?

I hope that will the case. I don't want to ruin something just to rebuild half of the thing and I don't want to pay extra attention for 12 hours either, so yup, I prefer the instruction-for-dummies version for such a huge model.

But it's more fun to build the 8865 than the 8070! (144 peices one page with the 8865)

Off course that means you can't have a beer while doing it. Hmm, maybe I prefer the dummies version also ..

Wow, what a beast!

Here are my observations:

- New wheels the size of the 8051 rims and tyres which leave lots of room inside for all kinds of mechanisms

- New fender and 7x11 panels

- The wheel bearings seem to be the old type, I hope they fixed the slack though...

- There is a paddle style gearbox

What I think:

- The central gearbox shifts from RC mode to drive mode. This way the car can be remotely driven or pushed manually

- I think this is going to be a 4x4 supercar but I have some doubts how the current CV and cardan joints can handle the weight of this car and RC...

- Same wheels are used on the Xerion

Edited by Zblj

I've been told from my Billund source that this will contain a lot of new parts never seen before. I also think the "Porsche" license is not cheap (I know this from the RC world) so that ads up to the price. Volvo is probably thrilled about the TLG sets and I don't think that cost much, if anything. It's a win-win for both parties. Porsche is in a different league

This is a 100% AFOL set. support it and you might see more. If not, the beancounters at TLG puts down the hammer

Cheers,

Ole

This is good news, very good news! Can you say any more? Can you say anything about what functionality they are trying to achieve with this thing?

- Same wheels are used on the Xerion

No, the dishes are pushed way back on the tractor, not possible with the Porsche's wheels

4x4? But the actual 991 RS is only RWD.

Edited by XAxles

This is good news, very good news! Can you say any more? Can you say anything about what functionality they are trying to achieve with this thing?

No, beacause of black helicoptors and such .. Really, I don't know anything more. Only that it is a 'special project' for TLG :wink:

I might just let go of my liftarm dislike and buy this darn thing

4x4? But the actual 991 RS is only RWD.

Yeah, if they got that license for that particular model, it has to be faithfull, so no 4WD or V8 or popping headlights. Might be some flickfire misslies though :devil:

As noted by another earlier, the new panels are black. Why would TLG make black panels that will never be sold?

In the close ups the new panels appear to have texture not seen in existing parts. To me this indicates that these are prototype parts, and TLG has not committed to the final color yet.

This model will definitely look better in black as black has a tendency to hide gaps.. Like the ones created with those curved panels..

Do I see a servo motor?

Servo.jpg

EDIT:

And there seem to be new 3L axles with stops holding the front wishbone suspension together.

Edited by Zblj

It will be very interesting to see what they have in store for us. Right ow it's hard to tell what functionality it has, nothing is confirmed by looking at it like it is with most models. But it looks like a near perfect replica of the real thing at least. Hopefully this car allows the designers to show us what they can really do and finally dethrone 8880 as the king of supercars.

Do I see a servo motor?

Could it be the battery box? Or has it been found elsewhere?

I had high hopes for this model at first.

Then i saw the side view of the front wheel and saw the garbage wheel hubs with garbage cv joints and a bog standard lego double wishbone setup. Looks like the wheels have at least the proper offset and more room for suspension stuff inside of them.

i was really hoping for new hubs with 8880 style cv joints and at least some caster (or a macpherson setup like in the real thing).

Good supercar can be archieved without license, these supercars licenses only drive price a lot and Im sure many of technic fans prefer functionality over design.

Im aware that this set flop thanks to price...

I had seen that too, but if models like the 8145 are 1:10 scale, there is no way this can be the same.. This new Porsche is using much larger wheels.

FnCfqHQ.jpg

This is what I am thinking too..

This Porsche is more in the scale of the 42039 24 hours race car.

I'm really excited for this. I'm going to display this with the 8880 I've been trying to restore for the past 6 months.

The kid that looked at the catalogue 20 years ago and dreamt about 8880, and the kid that still lives in me, side by side. It'll be awesome!

Good supercar can be archieved without license, these supercars licenses only drive price a lot and Im sure many of technic fans prefer functionality over design.

Im aware that this set flop thanks to price...

By aware you probably mean "afraid".

I think this set will be a HUGE success. Maybe not in sales figures (although I think it will be sold a lot, possibly to car enthusiast with a renewed interest in LEGO), but every car blog in the world will talk about LEGO and their latest creation. So the LEGO brand will grow even stronger than it already is.

I had high hopes for this model at first.

Then i saw the side view of the front wheel and saw the garbage wheel hubs with garbage cv joints and a bog standard lego double wishbone setup. Looks like the wheels have at least the proper offset and more room for suspension stuff inside of them.

i was really hoping for new hubs with 8880 style cv joints and at least some caster (or a macpherson setup like in the real thing).

I wouldnt count out new hubs yet, in the close up you can see a 6l link in front side of the suspension connected to a connector... If they used old hubs, why would the connector be needed?

Do I see a servo motor?Servo.jpgEDIT:And there seem to be new 3L axles with stops holding the front wishbone suspension together.
You mean the Dark Brown ones..? You can also see them in the rear.. I have a few of them..

XItmqsU.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

An axle runs under the driver seat (but not under the passenger seat). 4-wheel steering? Is that on the real thing? (Yes, I could have looked that up)

Also, so much space in the back, and not a hint of a fake engine (yes, I know I'm actually looking at the "legless-passenger" rear seat area and the hat-plank (1), because the engine would actually be behind the rear wheels), although you can see a ribbed tube for the exhaust in one of the bodywork gaps, but still, all that space... So, allow me to be the first to call it: new massive buggy-like RC engine, Tamiya performance levels (would Porsche allow this thing to go ahead if it didn't have oomphh?), and metal drivetrain to transfer all that power.

OK, now I'm just wishfull thinking joking.

BTW, I'd also LOVE it if they really released it in its camouflage trim.

(1) Not even Google could get that translated...

I had seen that too, but if models like the 8145 are 1:10 scale, there is no way this can be the same.. This new Porsche is using much larger wheels.

FnCfqHQ.jpg

This is what I am thinking too..

The space between the wheels looks to be roughly similar between the 599 and 911 though, and the 599 has relatively small wheels for the car its supposed to be (and pretty open wheelarches)

I cant help but think Lego wouldnt be stupid enough to put out a set aimed squarely at AFOL car nuts and get the scale on the box wrong, so i still assume its 1:10

I'm thinking this is the new GT2 RS, hence the camouflage. It makes sense as that would be the flagship 911 and it has yet to be revealed.

Porsche is redo-ing their 911 RSR for WEC this year (since Ford is bringing the heat with the GT, and Ferrari are replacing the 458 with the 488), and while the current RSR is homologated on the Carrera model (since the GT3 wasnt in production back then), GT2 evolved into GTE, so having a RSR update based on a GT2 makes a lot of sense. Launching the new RSR and GT2 this spring with the lego model in tow would be a cool move.

Either way, all speculation, and honestly im much more interested in the price TBH, at this point im actually hoping it isnt filled with PF gubbins etc.. since if they do a purely mechanical build, it might actually end up in a price-bracket which i would consider

This Porsche is more in the scale of the 42039 24 hours race car.

The wheels on the 42039 are the same scale as the ones on the 8145. They are both 68.8 x 36

The Porsche has tires and wheels the same scale size as the 42000 F1.. The tires are new and lower profile and the wheels are larger on the Porsche.. The tires on the Porsche are 81.6 x 44 and the F1 tires are 81.6 x 36

Edited by Paul Boratko