Holy buckets. This is a whole new paradigm for Technic cars. In the beginning, the supercars were just a chassis, then a simple body was added with 8865. Over time the bodies became more accurate and used more panels and flex elements, but Technic cars were still mostly "suggested" with lots of holes in the bodywork. This is the first time I have seen a nearly filled supercar body. It is incredibly accurate and instantly recognizable.

The new deep dish wheel are an obvious improvement and may have a realistic kingpin axis inside the wheel. This would be almost required for them to steer inside the awesome new solid wheel arches. I don't see any obvious evidence of Power Functions, and that would actually be just fine with me. I'd rather see the complexity than motorization. There appears to be a center shifter as well as working paddle shifters on the steering column. I hope that they decide to make the interior something other than black. With a black exterior and interior the seats almost disappear and are hard to see.

Battery pack is under hood. It's 100% RC. Also rounded grey "things" behind rear wheels look likes new motors for me. Maybe some new RC motors with bluetooth/wifi?

213kft4.jpg

Edited by krymtON

I'm thinking this is the new GT2 RS, hence the camouflage. It makes sense as that would be the flagship 911 and it has yet to be revealed.

I'm not a Porsche fan, not a Technic fan, but if this car came with those stickers, it would be a must buy for me. In that camouflage, the LEGO Technic looks more like an art piece than a toy to me. If the camouflage stickers definitely are not included, I hope the car is released in black. A label maker like a Brother P-touch could be used to make some interesting sticker designs.

i-D9hhQhh-X3.jpg

Pics of this real car are from here.

Edited by sparkart

At least there's no color vomit on this one :) Yet. Let's see what color composition the final model will bring. I hope something unusual like lime green or orange.

There is a little bit. It would be very nice to see all those blue pins in black and if those bushings on the paddles were not yellow.

The one downfall with these paddle shifters being implemented is that the steering wheel placement is kind of unrealistic..

I hope that they decide to make the interior something other than black. With a black exterior and interior the seats almost disappear and are hard to see.

Agree. A red or Tan interior would look fantastic in this black car..

i hoped for suspension geometrie but you can clearly see there is not even a caster angle present. still hope there is any kind of suspension but i doubt it.

What i absolutely love is that the details are not only on the outside, you can see in the middle column

between the seats has panels on the sides and there is even a roll cage.

If it is RC with new motors and receiver (maybe bluetooth) i hope it is well enough to have some speed (like 3km/h) but i can see it happen because the rest of the model is designed with a great standard as well.

I think this set will make us stand with our mouths wide open at release

There is a little bit. It would be very nice to see all those blue pins in black and if those bushings on the paddles were not yellow.

plenty of 6558 pins in black available, i think you can get most pins and bushes in black

plenty of 6558 pins in black available, i think you can get most pins and bushes in black

Those black friction axle pins are kind of expensive though.. Can always cut down the new 3L black axle pins.. :laugh:

18651.jpg?1

Edited by Paul Boratko

One, it's not the GT2 RS (it won't come out until 2 or 3 years later), and the other car posted isn't that either (close, but check the rear intakes on the LEGO model that doesn't exist in the other one). 42056 is this.

Two, it's going to be quite an event if that car is confirmed to be RC, but (1) what and where is the servo motor? (2) where is its controller? Good thing they kept the drive motors at the back, though. It can not be a 911 if its engine isn't at the back.

Three, is it just me or I really can't find the roll cage?

Edited by XAxles

I think he was just referring to the liftarm shaped X in the back..

There is not much room below the archs so suspension must be short travel and quite stiff. 1 stud travel? Perhaps even less as the chasis seems to be 1 stud over the ground but the body is almost touching it.

It indeed looks to have two XL motors at the rear but cant see battery pack or receivers.

30 studs wide?

62 studs long?

19 studs tall?

It is more or less in scale 1:8.3

37 studs wheelbase

29 studs wide front axle

31 studs wide rear axle

67 studs long

20 studs tall

Similar size of my Porsche 911 and Mustang

Also wondering if indeed there is some paddle shifting system, or if that is just some mechanism for a telescopic steering wheel..

Edited by Paul Boratko

It is more or less in scale 1:8.3

37 studs wheelbase

29 studs wide front axle

31 studs wide rear axle

67 studs long

20 studs tall

Similar size of my Porsche 911 and Mustang

Yes. The new tire size on this Porsche 81.6 x 44 ZR

Caution, speculation ahead:

The rubber bands might suggest a "bi-state switch" operation, or perhaps even friction forces like the Lego X-Wings have used for years. Curious.

Edit: Or perhaps an auto-centering mechanism for the steering.

Edited by plethorabricks

I think i saw the cross bars just behind the seats, from the rear window.

I haven't done the math, but doesn't the box say 1:10 in the top right corner?
I had seen that too, but if models like the 8145 are 1:10 scale, there is no way this can be the same.. This new Porsche is using much larger wheels.

FnCfqHQ.jpg

Caution, speculation ahead:

The rubber bands might suggest a "bi-state switch" operation, or perhaps even friction forces like the Lego X-Wings have used for years. Curious.

Edit: Or perhaps an auto-centering mechanism for the steering.

This is what I am thinking too..

Edited by Paul Boratko

My biggest issue - the rims are black - I really hope that they wont be in the final product. I just hate black rims, they are dull and details disappear completely.

If they are going to replicate the RS - do it properly and let the rims stand out like in the real one:

3cad3e3d.jpg

Edited by Jonsson

If the rubber bands are connected to paddle shifters that are functional, that could mean a transmission that could be controlled by a servo, possibly some new pieces with it

I've been told from my Billund source that this will contain a lot of new parts never seen before. I also think the "Porsche" license is not cheap (I know this from the RC world) so that ads up to the price. Volvo is probably thrilled about the TLG sets and I don't think that cost much, if anything. It's a win-win for both parties. Porsche is in a different league

This is a 100% AFOL set. support it and you might see more. If not, the beancounters at TLG puts down the hammer

Cheers,

Ole

I think it would look better with the same arch over the front wheels as over the rear wheels. Okay it's just straight/sloped on the actual car there, but it's straight at the rear too.

Anyone else notice that on the box it says 16+ ?

I did, First set since ever? Even previous flagships (and BWE) have 11-16. I still totally expect a book with 300 steps to add one liftarm each step, as is the norm.

I actually expect this to come with a ring-bound instruction with loads of actual pics of the Porsche (like SW and Architecture)

(But yes, one page for every freaking pin inserted, sigh)

This IS the UCS that you've all been asking for!