Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

In my opinion, it should come with pneumatics, (not complaining, just saying most tractors have hydraulic and pneumatic hook ups [at least at the back]).

I definitely agree that pneumatics would have been awesome with this set, and that is on my todo list (which is getting too long)

This is what i have observed from the two youtube videos w.r.t. the rear steering, I would appreciate it if anybody could give there input ,as i don't know how this is connected to the hub of the wheels and the HOG steering

640x369.jpg

thanks

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

It's a definite buy but it would be good if the three point hitch could be remade to better reflect the real one. A description can be seen here:

http://www.tractordata.com/articles/technical/threepoint.html

And stats for Xerion 5000: http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/006/5/6/6561-claas-xerion-5000.html

I've tried before but finds it hard to make a good three point hitch in lego. Also farm equipment can be tuff to model accurately with the details.

I expect people doing the saddle track version of Xerion as a mod early on:

http://www.claas.se/products/tractors/xerion5000-4000-hrc/trac-versions

The tractordata site is not accurate. It says that the Xerion uses a Caterpillar engine but this is not true. It is a Mercedes Benz 6 zylinder engine.

The tractordata site is not accurate. It says that the Xerion uses a Caterpillar engine but this is not true. It is a Mercedes Benz 6 zylinder engine.

Actually it is accurate. This is the first page on that site (and I've viewed many) where I can select model years (drop down right of the photo or photo placeholder). It defaulted to 2009-2013 with a caterpillar engine. Selecting 2014-2017 it lists Mercedes-Benz 12.8L 6-cyl diesel. But selecting the engine page it is really incorrect (the rated powers are way off).

Feature-wise, that's what TLG should have done, put the battery box in the place of the panels to act as front weight. You'd have the wire going into the vehicle body, but that's not a big issue IMO.

Feature-wise, that's what TLG should have done, put the battery box in the place of the panels to act as front weight. You'd have the wire going into the vehicle body, but that's not a big issue IMO.

Putting the battery box in the place of panels will lead to:

- The realism of the model is reduced. In reality, rectangular cement or rock panels are put there.

- The model will have no panels for the B-model.

I was wondering how that steering is made. So i tried to build it :)

I like your solution but there are some problems in the large backlash caused by the fact that the clutch gears only have 4 internal pickup points. And as said before the fact that the steering MUST be in neutral position when changing modes. I tried a similar solution years ago on a crane and it didn't work well due to the above issues. So I agree with following posts in that it must be some clever linkage system. It has me intrigued anyway and is the reason why I would buy this set.

Edited by Pvdb

Putting the battery box in the place of panels will lead to:

- The realism of the model is reduced. In reality, rectangular cement or rock panels are put there.

- The model will have no panels for the B-model.

I agree that the battery box on the front hitch would not look quite nice.

I expected at least some pneumatics in the set.

Edited by JBTechnic

Do we know if the Xerion is going to have portal axles or the knew wheel hubs ? Or are the wheels connected like in old technic days ?:D

There is no way it can use portal hubs, when the turning circle is already that small due to the tight fenders. Besides why use portal hubs when there is no fake engine?

The original one doesn't so I assume the TLG one neither.

I am working on eliminating the Portals on mine.

It is a challenge since I want to include a servo for steering.

JB

------------------------

My Xerion on flickr: Lego Technic

I agree that the battery box on the front hitch would not look quite nice.

but a train battery will be a good compromise !

The original one doesn't so I assume the TLG one neither.

I am working on eliminating the Portals on mine.

It is a challenge since I want to include a servo for steering.

JB

------------------------

My Xerion on flickr: https://www.flickr.c...06/24589896042/

No it does not use them - just take a closer look from wheel center and upper liftarm that are used on axle...Just hope that LEGO made smaller tires with this agriculture pattern

btw your Xerion is very nice

:thumbup:

Found another video at youtube from spieletest.at (in German).

At 1:48 you can see some moving parts of the steering mechanism.

Its a green bar rotating (moving from left to right) just in front of the back wheels.

It moves always in the same direction but the wheels turn differently, depending the selected steering mode.

I think its linked to the axes inside the cabin, going downwards.

Edited by MikeTwo9398

Found another video at youtube from spieletest.at (in German).

At 1:48 you can see some moving parts of the steering mechanism.

Its a green bar rotating (moving from left to right) just in front of the back wheels.

It moves always in the same direction but the wheels turn differently, depending the selected steering mode.

I think its linked to the axes inside the cabin, going downwards.

yes, because driving rings have some empty steering knob movement before tires actually would turn...so only way is to make it with linkage. I can hardly wait to see original solution

On that video the tires look as hard as stone, I am affraid they are out of really hard rubber...

it looks like cooperation with

Fred Flintstone

well tradition is something that you can not buy or copy :tongue:

Maybe a Kooperation with "Bruder". Their Xerion got also hard tires, the flanks are stiff and the middle part is soft.

...also trying to figure out the steering mechanism ...

JB