Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Soft tires? That doesn't bode well for using them as 42030 replacement tires I guess, especially with the heavy rear end.

They aren't exactly soft. They are softer than I expected, but still hard enough for the 42030. I don't have the 42030 built anymore, so I can't show it to you guys.

Would the tires also look good on 42030? If possible, can you post a picture in your review? Many thanks, and your teasers are killing me...;)

There may be some reviews before yours, but your pics are the best and well worth biding time...

That's good to know. I will take my time then :wink:

See my comment about the 42030. Unfortunately I disassemble most of the sets, due to lack of space.

I wasn't very fond of the lime green color in Technic, but this suddenly changed when I saw the Claas.

Lime Green, Red and White....yes please!

28251053366_4b09c5fb59_c.jpg

Looking forward to a full review! Not long now!

I am sorry if someone asked before, are they the new hubs stronger that previous ones?. Old hubs from Ferrari Enzo still are the best ones for me without count 8880 ones of course.

I am sorry if someone asked before, are they the new hubs stronger that previous ones?. Old hubs from Ferrari Enzo still are the best ones for me without count 8880 ones of course.

I don't think we have comparison data yet. By strong you mean "less prone to breaking"?

I don't think we have comparison data yet. By strong you mean "less prone to breaking"?

Maybe explain me wrong, if they have less slack?, less unnecessary movement between the two parts. Paul explains better than me in the video.

Let me check that for you. If I remember correctly it isn't much better than the older versions.

I wasn't very fond of the lime green color in Technic, but this suddenly changed when I saw the Claas.

Come on, Jim. Lime is love, lime is life :wub:

Come on, Jim. Lime is love, lime is life :wub:

Recently, I have seen the light....or the lime....

I think the combination with medium blue ruined it for me. The Claas has a way better combination.

42037-1.png

How about this model with red rims and red instead of medium blue, using the Claas tires :tongue:

Thank you Jim, sometimes I don´t understand because new things are worst that old ones, then I wake up and I remember that everything is business and nothing can be perfect because would be useful and we would not need to spend more money :laugh: .

I happend to have 8284 and 8274, I'm really considering building these when I order my Claas and make a small Diorama.

I'm sure they'll look really nice together (although the Claas probably looks a bit more modern) :classic:

How about [42037] with red rims and red instead of medium blue, using the Claas tires :tongue:

Just for you, Jim:

20160714_131149.jpg

That's the best I can do with donor parts for now :B

Just for you, Jim:

That's the best I can do with donor parts for now :B

The wheels look big and cool, but the red and green combo doesn't look nearly as good as I'd hoped.

I think green and white with red rims will work better.

To the moderator: Sorry for this off topic side step :tongue:

Maybe an alt build (C-model) for this set could be RC from Pixar's Toy Story movies? Lime green for the body and red wheel rims.

Maybe an alt build (C-model) for this set could be RC from Pixar's Toy Story movies? Lime green for the body and red wheel rims.

Spot on!!

61JBLaHR9cL._SX425_.jpg

Just ordered mine today. It might be delivered just short of 1st of August, as per the information received from the shop.

Where did you order from?

Today it was confirmed, that I'll get one not later, than on 23rd July. :drool:

How!?

Official Lego reseller shop in Romania.

Ah, no shops like that near me, I guess it's ordering online on the 1st or a trip to Cardiff again!!

How!?

In most shops, which sell Lego sets in Kyiv august's sets will be appearing during next week. :classic:

Edited by dimaks13

Official Lego reseller shop in Romania.

what website, you totally made me curious.

Recently, I have seen the light....or the lime....

I think the combination with medium blue ruined it for me. The Claas has a way better combination.

Wait a minute, you are from the Netherlands but you are complaining about weird vehicle colors?

Wait a minute, you are from the Netherlands but you are complaining about weird vehicle colors?

Are we known for our poor vehicle color preference?! Wasn't aware of that :P

Are we known for our poor vehicle color preference?! Wasn't aware of that :P

Me neither :laugh: