Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

This is the set I am most excited about and the wheels picture does not disappoint, really looking forward to the review.

I'm drooling so hard at those tyres I can even flood my house

Hehe, they really don't disappoint. And more importantly, they seem to be soft enough (sort of) for truck trial and crawlers.

Interesting to see one steering rack, despite the four wheel steering.

... actualy, the steerig rack is used on the crane...

... actualy, the steerig rack is used on the crane...

Which, combined with the 4 knob gears, means it's even more likely that barman's steering system was accurate!

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Observations:

- There are 3 catchovers in the inventory. Two are visible in the crane, but the side panel of the main body apparently has two switches. One switch links to one catchover, any idea about the other switch?

I'd say that it's the battery switch that also works as pole reverse

I'd love to believe that, if not for the fact that there's no pole reverse in the inventory...

A glimpse at the side panel:

Those tires look amazing. Looking forward to seeing MOCs with them. Also nice to get some red rims

78141c.jpg

Hehe, they really don't disappoint. And more importantly, they seem to be soft enough (sort of) for truck trial and crawlers.

That info makes me happy. They look also great. Looking forward for video with their deformation under load... :P

Max

Are the tires bigger or smaller (or same size) than the Unimog tires?

Ohhh! Can't wait for the Claas now! I love the red rims and tractor tires, definitely gonna use them as soon as I get them.

Very happy about the parts list, and of course those red wheels and tires!

I wonder if these new 6x6 red dishes will pull down the prices of the hollow stud 6x6 dishes, which are currently around €9 each.

Edited by SevenStuds

А

Okay, that's it. I can't help it, I need to post this picture (click for hi res).

:wub: indeed

28185097541_9b9085917d_c.jpg

finally, tires without center band on thread pattern around the wheel! :thumbup:

Interesting find in the inventory: is this the first set with yellow and gray axles of the same length? 5 and 7 are both present in both colors. This is interesting, because it means axles are not fully color coded.

Interesting find in the inventory: is this the first set with yellow and gray axles of the same length? 5 and 7 are both present in both colors. This is interesting, because it means axles are not fully color coded.

I guess it is for the same reason why they used the black 2l axle on the Porsche's door. As explained in the interview, they use the color coding as much as possible in placed that will not be seen in the final product. Of course this does not always turn out to be the case.