Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

I belive (hope) TLG used a new kind of hub for the Porsche and the Xerion, since any of these is rather tricky to work with without using links or steering arms due to the ball joints.

yes something similar to the hubs of 8880 would be perfect - new type of them - :)

Think You are right Zblj, as it seems the pivot point is in line with the wheel arch (top arrow) and if anybody can assist with the bottom two arrows as I can't figure out what I should be seeing ...... Drives me nuts :wacko:

xerion%205000%20vc%20trac%203.0.jpg

... anybody can assist with the bottom two arrows as I can't figure out what I should be seeing ...

xerion%205000%20vc%20trac%203.0.jpg

I don't know the answer to your question about the arrows, but I noticed this in your image:

Is that a LBG version of the 1 stud beam (or bushing) on the 3L axle attaching the headlights?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just DBG. The screenshot above just made it appear lighter, but other images clearly show that the whole assembly is DBG.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

thanks for the response

My apologies, but i'm referring to the orientation of the beam which connects to the hub behind the lights.

the top arrow is to show where I think the pivot point is, which seems to be in line with the wheel arch. this Is what I have in LDD this far.600x300.jpg

thanks

Will this one be at any other toy fair, machinery exhibition, etc?

Please let me know and don't hesitate to take plenty more photos, especially close-ups if you see it!

Markus said in the designer video that the rack and telescopic gear are produced exclusively for the Arocs. Maybe that's why they aren't used in the Xerion. Doing so would make them no exclusive any more.

The crane has two mini LA. TLG probably used concentric transmission to get two axle through the turntable. We haven't seen that technique for 4 years now.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Fair enough regarding the rack parts, but IMO it would be a waste to produce new molds for those parts if they're never gonna use them again.

Anyway, I can't see the DBG 3x11 panels that made up the front counterweight. Could they have redesigned the plow for the B-model and removed the panels?

6x6 satelite dishes

I got those. I meant the dark grey 2x2 pieces.

Sorry for not being clear in my question.

I got those. I meant the dark grey 2x2 pieces.

Sorry for not being clear in my question.

2x2 round plate + 2x2 round tile with center hole. And a 4L axle with stop pushed in.

Edited by Balrog

2x2 round plate + 2x2 round tile with center hole. And a 4L axle with stop pushed in.

Amazing how obvious it is, once it's pointed out! Thank you.

Allan, it may be better to remove the link, and save the pic somewhere else, easily available.

Also, what is the gray piece on the front bumper, just next to the bumpers headlight...it looks like 1x2 thin liftarm, but it also look too thick? New part?

Markus said in the designer video that the rack and telescopic gear are produced exclusively for the Arocs. Maybe that's why they aren't used in the Xerion. Doing so would make them no exclusive any more.

The crane has two mini LA. TLG probably used concentric transmission to get two axle through the turntable. We haven't seen that technique for 4 years now.

I think that's a slight problem with translation. By exclusive I think he meant the new parts have been made for that set but there's no reason why they can't be included in future sets.

Allan, it may be better to remove the link, and save the pic somewhere else, easily available.

As far as I know it's ok to post links just not to directly display the picture in the forum.

Given in the prelim pics the crane is more substantial, and the 3x11 panels on the front are conspicuous in their absence, at some point I think the b model attachment was something else, but either Claas or one of the designers did not think that was good enough, and so the model was redesigned, to keep it in budget, but add enough panels for the plow. I'm a little bit disappointed, as more of the Arocs telescopic parts would be welcome.

Check the designer video, 03:10

http://www.lego.com/...enz-arocs-42043

Maybe TLG originally planned the Claas and Volvo to be cheaper ways to get the Arocs exclusive parts, with Claas having the rack and Volvo having Pneumatic + Grabber.

As for the front 3x11 panels, I find them more realistic, as they represent counterweights, and make the front of the model look more complete.

Any idea for what B model can be for the prelim model? And there's an unusual-looking part on the grabber of the crane, right in front of the 24-tooth gear, any idea what that is?

Edited by nguyengiangoc

If we're thinking of the same part, that piece is part #32068.

32068.jpg

It is commonly used in constructions with worm gears. I would think the b model would be some kind of cultivator, like this:0000000010014.jpg.

It would use the liftarms on the grab for the tines, at least if I'm thinking about my equipment correctly. Thing is, a Xerion is a large tractor, so most of the attachments to it are large, as well:

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the headlights and mirrors on the prelim model are different from the toy fair ones. But, in both cases, the final ones are more in line with the real tractor.

Upon closer inspection, I see that the prelim model has 4 3x11x2 curved panels. I think it is still possible to make a plough out of these panels and the remaining liftarms.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I did not feel like reading through 14 pages of a thread.

Do we know the size of the tires and rims? Are they bigger than the Unimog rims? How do they compare to Power Pullers?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I did not feel like reading through 14 pages of a thread.

Do we know the size of the tires and rims? Are they bigger than the Unimog rims? How do they compare to Power Pullers?

Thanks

Revealed picture states tyres are 107 x 44R Edited by zux

I would think the tires are new, but the rims are the same as the unimog. So,the tires are 44 mm wide by 107 mm in diameter, meaning that they are narrower, but larger in diameter than the Power Puller wheels, which are 106 mm in diameter. I'm hoping that they use the same wheel hub used in the Porsche set, as revealed in the designer video, which would be suitable for mounting these wheels on.