Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Really intrigued what all this praising is about - but for me it's definitely the star of the entire 2016 Technic lineup.

So you are intrigued (did you mean inteterested?) what all the praising is about...

It is very much the perfect set, great price, decent size/parts count, great tires, amazing building technices (3-steering system), great ability to create new attachments that can easily be attached to the Claas (they even mentioned that in the Designers Workshop video), ...

...yet you perfectly describe what the praising is all about :cry_sad:

^ oh yea Jim, I've chosen the wrong vocabular here :look:.

I don't think that's the case. What did you mean?

I don't think that's the case. What did you mean?

I've really chosen the wrong vocabular in this case ... I wanted to write "really interested on what all this praising is about ..." - referring to building technices used inside the chassis :wink:, that's it.

I've corrected my original post. Thanks!

I'm afraid you will need to wait a bit for my review. My hosting provider (where I stage my reviews) has ongoing server issues. Usually I create backups after writing a lot, because the provider is not very reliable. Well, you know what.....I didn't do that after my last write-up. So hopefully problems will be solved shortly, so I can finish the review. And start thinking about a different hosting provider :hmpf_bad:

I'm afraid you will need to wait a bit for my review. My hosting provider (where I stage my reviews) has ongoing server issues. Usually I create backups after writing a lot, because the provider is not very reliable. Well, you know what.....I didn't do that after my last write-up. So hopefully problems will be solved shortly, so I can finish the review. And start thinking about a different hosting provider :hmpf_bad:

Hm... that's a shame :cry_sad:.

I had a chance to check out this model (not mine, I still haven't decided if I buy it), and the steering has quite a bit of slack, in the range of the full turning angle of the wheels (I was the most curious about this one, as my latest telehandler has the same steering feature, but my telehandler has less slack. Maybe It's time to lower the requirements I make for myself).

Anyway, the model looks ad feels awesome and well built.

I had a chance to check out this model (not mine, I still haven't decided if I buy it), and the steering has quite a bit of slack, in the range of the full turning angle of the wheels (I was the most curious about this one, as my latest telehandler has the same steering feature, but my telehandler has less slack. Maybe It's time to lower the requirements I make for myself).

I concur that the steering mechanism has quite some slack. Especially noticeable with these big wheels. That's one of the minor downsides. Too bad the new hubs don't solve this problem.

Anyway, the model looks ad feels awesome and well built.

Agreed!

Collected mine from Tesco today now I'm back in the uk. Not travelling for work for the next couple of weeks so hopefully will get some time to build it ... And then MOD it ... Thinking of changing colour or connectors, removing front PTO, manual cab rotation and if I remove the power function can I get a fake engine/drivetrain in

Different shades of lime green in the beams, looks like TLG has problems with colour consistency :sceptic:

Just ordered mine from S@H and already getting excited about getting it, I am sure I will be pleased with this set!

-RailCo

Server is back up, so I can finish my review today!!

Cool! Looking forward to it and I know I speak for all of us...!!! :thumbup::laugh:

Have been making backups the first our hehe. Better late then never.

I'm working on the review as we speak. Won't be so elaborate as the Porsche, but I still hope it's useful.

Your reviews always are.

Second that.

Mine arrived this morning. First thing I did was putting the tires on my 42030. Alas they don't fit very well. In the front they rub the mudguards slightly, in the back they scratch the chassis when in extreme suspended position. Nothing which couldn't be solved I guess.

Maybe soms pics follow later, but I first want to build my Claas!

Completed the class tractor but missed the 2nd clutch gear so it's a rebuild :blush: but pleased with it all the same :sweet: