Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Jim, once you have published all the 2H 2016 set reviews ... can you give us a quick overview which set in your opinion is the best of the 2nd wave (including the Porsche)? I think of stuff like building experience, authentic/general look of the model, how good is it for display, how good is playability, etc.

I believe it would help a lot in their decision - including me - which set to buy this year (especially for those who's LEGO budget is low :tongue: ).

Man I wish the U.S. amazon or TRU etc. would have a sale when these immediately came out because I want to order it now but waiting for a sale to come to the U.S. like it did in Europe.

May just order it anyway

-RailCo

If anyone knows of a small sale or a cheaper way to get one please let me know!

Edited by Rail Co

As several other offers have been posted here already, I add my 2 cents also:

In Austria, Interspar online has it on sale for € 120,- incl. free shipping today, but only today.

Nice offer! Don't wait for my review, go buy it!!

Jim, once you have published all the 2H 2016 set reviews ... can you give us a quick overview which set in your opinion is the best of the 2nd wave (including the Porsche)? I think of stuff like building experience, authentic/general look of the model, how good is it for display, how good is playability, etc.

I believe it would help a lot in their decision - including me - which set to buy this year (especially for those who's LEGO budget is low :tongue: ).

I will publish my reviews, where I discuss these things. Other than that, you're on your own. Can't look in your wallet and I don't know what each of you like better. So it pretty much boils down to personal preference combined with your budget.

And like I said to you before; get the Claas! Best Technic set I reviewed so far.

Already did, at 00:01 in the night! :)

I feared it would be sold out very quickly. But it seems they have more stock than in the past for similar offers....

Edited by DoomedACE1980

I picked up my set from UK tesco-direct from a store - that was the best packed lego box I ever had. The box was wrapped in bubble wrap, and was in a delivery box full of bubble wrap with care taken to put it all round the lego; it was a huge delivery box too.

@Jim: Can you cover the plough in your review also?

I am planning on finishing the review tonight, without the silage plow. I will leave that one for each of you to discover :wink:

(Will take me another night and I don't have much time this weekend, so I'd like to get the review online. Maybe I will add it later)

In Austria, Interspar online has it on sale for € 120,- incl. free shipping today, but only today.

Earlier today I typed in Lego Technic at Google and first entry that popped up was "Only Today: INTERSPAR great offer - Lego Technic Tractor (Claas Xerion): € 119,00."

Absolutely great deal, I just ordered mine a couple minutes ago - I was surprised that there isn't even any additional shipping costs.

Not sure if I'll receive it already tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to wait for next weekend to build it.

And like I said to you before; get the Claas! Best Technic set I reviewed so far.

Haven't had to think any further after reading this, thanks Jim :thumbup:

PS.: Interspar has the designer video for the Claas online ... I checked both the official LEGO Technic site plus their youtube channel, it seems to be available only at the Interspar product page for the Claas so far. I'm not sure if everyone outside of Austria can see it but if you can it's definitely worth checking out. Nice video!

Not sure if I'll receive it already tomorrow,

You may have hope!

I've received shipping confirmation at around 7:30 am today. They are really fast.

Also, in the past they did deliver on Saturday too.

Edited by DoomedACE1980

The Class is indeed a very good set, it has a very nice design and very cool functions. It is also very robust, the chassis does not bend at all when you take in in hand to carry it / play with it. The tires are also very nice, a little softer than the Unimog ones so a bit drippier. If you are not a fan of the crane - no problem it is Lego so you can make it as nice as you want :laugh:

Picking this up is a bit problematic to me. The hood and the cabin can't be grabbed because they are loosely attached. Using one hand isn't ideal because there is a drive under the body, and using one hand from below can bend the drive train.

The tires are indeed awesome! One of mine came slightly deformed in the box but I'm sure it'll round itself out when put on the rim.

I am building the plow and want to put in on the front of the tractor just to see how it looks together with the crane on the back.

The tires are indeed awesome! One of mine came slightly deformed in the box but I'm sure it'll round itself out when put on the rim.

Oh, yeah, hopefully it'll round itself when you put the rims on - otherwise I'm sure LEGO customer service is happy to send you another tire. :wink:

I managed to put all my sets with big wheels in the same shelf, the bad part is that I had to remove both the Unimog and the CLASS cranes (btw, the Unimog crane looks awesome on the CLASS).

28763018825_22db9f9c62_b.jpg

Some images from the Technic Designers Workshop video - not yet available on the LEGO youtube channel (probably tomorrow?)

Screenshot%202016-08-04%2016.59.10.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2016.59.58.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.00.12.png

Screenshot%202016-08-04%2017.00.19.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.00.43.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.01.48.png

Screenshot%202016-08-04%2017.05.35.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.05.39.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.05.49.png

Screenshot%202016-08-04%2017.06.15.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.06.17.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.10.29.png

Screenshot%202016-08-04%2017.10.44.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.10.48.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2017.06.02.png

Edited by Emmi

Anyone know the name of that designer?

Michael ... but his surname is not mentioned in the designers video :sceptic:.

You may have hope!

I've received shipping confirmation at around 7:30 am today. They are really fast.

Also, in the past they did deliver on Saturday too.

I'll get mine today, just got the confirmation that it will be delivered in a few hours :sweet:.

Great bargain and fast delivery, couldn't think of any better thing to happen just in time for the weekend.

The Claas has taken the top spot in my list of favourite builds in the modern technic era. I've not enjoyed building a set so much for a long time

The Claas has taken the top spot in my list of favourite builds in the modern technic era. I've not enjoyed building a set so much for a long time ������

I've heard this Jim saying already (see quote above) ... will probably build mine this weekend (depending on the weather), really interested on what all this praising is about - but for me it's definitely the star of the entire 2016 Technic lineup. It is very much the perfect set, great price, decent size/parts count, great tires, amazing building technices (3-steering system), great ability to create new attachments that can easily be attached to the Claas (they even mentioned that in the Designers Workshop video), ...

Together with the Volvo EW160E my favorite sets of 2016 - both the Volvo and the Claas seem to sell extremely well - they are sold out pretty much everywhere I look.

Screenshot%202016-08-04%2019.06.59.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2019.07.14.pngScreenshot%202016-08-04%2019.07.17.png

Edited by Emmi