Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Finished the Tractor late last night, still got to build the attachments but now I do not have enough time. Very nice model, like the steering very much ! Took some pics to see the difference with the Unimog tires and 3rd party ones on my 42030 Volvo. They look very good in my opinion !

28612703306_2532fe94ef_c.jpg

28612703336_d99ee8f4a3_c.jpg

I am waiting for 1st Aug as there is supposed to be a micro london bus as a freebe... Of course I might miss out as it goes sold out in the first day....

Me too... So fingers crossed and a late night Sunday! I note quite a few Model web stores in the uk also have it now

Edited by tgrbailey

I'm so tempted to order another 4 tyres to put on my 9398.

Me to, but I think they will be very expensive, just like the V2 pneumatic cylinders.

And out of stock very quickly.

A bit of topic

I have family coming over from Venlo in Netherlands and want them to buy me set , could someone recommend a retailer maybe one with a current special offers

I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance

Sieg

I ordered mine at www.2ttoys.nl for €135,- they charge €7,50 for postage, else they are not far from Venlo to drive

Edited by vliet

A bit of topic

I have family coming over from Venlo in Netherlands and want them to buy me set , could someone recommend a retailer maybe one with a current special offers

I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance

Sieg

I bought mine at ToysRus in Austria yesterday and they had plenty more ... maybe they have it in other countries too ...

toysrus.jpg

Edited by AndroTech

After this video I don't know if get the 42053 or spend more on this. It has a great building experience, interesting techniques and many useful parts

I bought mine in ToysRus in Austria yesterday and they had plenty more ... maybe they have it in other countries too ...

Sadly not in Canada... Yet... (hopefully) I checked in store today :/

Finished the Tractor late last night, still got to build the attachments but now I do not have enough time. Very nice model, like the steering very much ! Took some pics to see the difference with the Unimog tires and 3rd party ones on my 42030 Volvo. They look very good in my opinion !

28612703306_2532fe94ef_c.jpg

28612703336_d99ee8f4a3_c.jpg

These really are great shots because they how dense the Claas must be. I can't believe it has nearly as many parts as the Unimog and so many more than the Volvo loader. Really looking forward to this build.....

I'm so tempted to order another 4 tyres to put on my 9398.

Unless these are available from TLG for cheap I still dont recommend this. They will likely be as expensive as the PP tires when they hit BL, and a good pair of RC truck tires will be still much better quality for the same or even cheaper price. I like these tires as much as the next guy.... and so happy to see them in an official set. If one is going to buy the set they will be a great addition.... but to buy them separately, unless TLG sells them cheap, IMO is not a good move...

Looks good. Have you tried putting the new tires on the Unimog and Volvo loader and photographed? :wink:

It would be cool to see a regular tractor released next year, maybe a licensed John Deere or something, introducing a smaller version of these tires along with the Xerion ones.

All three new sets are now available at toysrus online with 15% discount

Looks good. Have you tried putting the new tires on the Unimog and Volvo loader and photographed? :wink:

I took some photos of the new tires with the Unimog, it looks much better than with the stock tires. Overall, the tires are very good for heavy machinery, I will make a photo with the Volvo as well. Although I think the Volvo looks awesome with the 3rd party tires that are on it.

28385313730_7f181b4046_b.jpg

I think I can give you guys these:

27647967434_47929b6559_c.jpg

27982453500_056e5a2eda_c.jpg

Could we please have these posted on the front page. Thanks

I took some photos of the new tires with the Unimog, it looks much better than with the stock tires. Overall, the tires are very good for heavy machinery, I will make a photo with the Volvo as well. Although I think the Volvo looks awesome with the 3rd party tires that are on it.

Have you altered the hubs to fit them, they look further out than the stock rims, or are the rims wider?

The only difference is, the PP wheels are not being produced anymore where as the Xerion will be on the shelves for a few years. You could call them "discontinued".

I wouldn't be surprised if they will use it in a future set though...

Doesn't matter. What you are getting at is supply and demand. Being in production or not is indirectly related to concept because although it is directly related to supply it is indirectly related to demand. The Xerion tires, given that they are in production, are in supply, but are so in a limited number. They will be in huge demand right now. That is ultimately what demands the cost.

Take a look at the tumbler tires (drag racer) - those tires are now in three sets (one discontinued). And I don't think that they will be nearly as sought after as the Xerion's tires. Their average price right now is nearly 20$ USD. 'Bout the same price as a good RC truck tire.

I totally could be wrong..... just my opinion... but if they are as expensive as PP tires on BL (w/o the set) I would, personally just get third-party tires. Also..... if they are used in other sets in the future you are right, that would help the price go down. Hopefully that is in future plans for TLG.

Have you altered the hubs to fit them, they look further out than the stock rims, or are the rims wider?

No, that is how the tires look on the rim.

I put the rear hitch on the 8063 tractor, along with a m motor powered pto. I then built the logging crane out of spare parts and attached it. If I do buy this set, I will be waiting for the plow instructions. The crane is ugly and useless. In order to grab a log, one must drive up to the log first. This arm cannot extend to reach out. It only extends to reach down. I am also disapointed at the hitch mount. Tractors have 3 point hitches with the pto in the center. Only thing I can imagine is this is some sort of "quick hitch".

Seems I will be doing some mods to this set like others.

Glenn

you should, your heart says yes, your brain and wallet says no, but they always say to follow your heart.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It would be cool to see a regular tractor released next year, maybe a licensed John Deere or something, introducing a smaller version of these tires along with the Xerion ones.

Well , TLG seems to have a pattern of 2 sets from every company (so far), so maybe an Axion is on the horizon?

Well , TLG seems to have a pattern of 2 sets from every company (so far), so maybe an Axion is on the horizon?

I really don't think that TLG cares about any pattern from every company ! Mercedes and Volvo both happen to have very good models! I don't see any other companies with technic sets otherwise

---

Just relized in Canada for $229.99 + tax... If anybody knows of a better deal in Canada, my wallet will say thanks !

Edited by Brick-Nick

I also think that TLG doesn't adhere to any specific pattern. In the Technic interview Andy said they already planned to do a wheel excavator before they decided to partner with Volvo again.

Tesco-direct (UK) are selling this for £90.00 - 25% off.

Note that is is miss-classified and not in technical lego and you need to search for lego 42054