Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Can you at least translate the comparison between the Unimog and the Claas?

Claas:

Bigger wheels, no suspension, no pneumatics, alternate model is a dozer blade.

Unimog:

Smaller wheels, suspension, pneumatics, alternate model is a dozer blade.

:D

Can you at least translate the comparison between the Unimog and the Claas?

Unimog pro: Motorized pneumatics in front and rear, simulated motor runned from wheels with 3 differential, suspensions, more playable crane, winch on the front pto, more elements.

Xerion pro: Three way steering mode, turning and lifting cab, easier to control add-ons on pto and can use both same time, no sticker across lego elements, cheaper, very good locking mechanism for add-ons, and ofcourse those tires and wheels.

Edited by Husky

They will be probably listed on the last day of July, they are still not present also on polish S@H.

Ok, thanks, guess I will need to wake up early to order it (or pull an all night-er!)

why no pendular suspension?

I guess because it would have been a bit complicated to implement that and the complex steering system. It's already compact as is.

Though someone will mod pendular suspension, I guarantee it.

I'm really expecting this model. I own the Tractor 8063 and I was about to sell it. Now, I decided to keep it just to display it next to this beauty. The comparison shows how the Technic Theme has evolved from then.

I'm really expecting this model. I own the Tractor 8063 and I was about to sell it. Now, I decided to keep it just to display it next to this beauty. The comparison shows how the Technic Theme has evolved from then.

So it seems that they did not changed too much, because model B is still a different attachment ;)

Hello to all who have this set already. There with you also visible color differences of Lime parts? I find this very annoying.

Edited by metulskie8

Hello to all who have this set already. There with you also visible color differences of Lime parts? I find this very annoying.

My hasn't visible differences.

My copy is sent today, so can't check it yet, but will keep it in mind

I would be really surprised if that is a common thing. I can't recall having seen any color differences for the same color on any model yet. It might look a bit off due to contrast with other colored parts but that should be it. But well, waiting for the phone call from my local Lego store to pick the set up today along with the BWE and Volvo.

I would be really surprised if that is a common thing. I can't recall having seen any color differences for the same color on any model yet. It might look a bit off due to contrast with other colored parts but that should be it. But well, waiting for the phone call from my local Lego store to pick the set up today along with the BWE and Volvo.

I had a problem with the 42009 and the yellow - the different beams are quite different. I do have some 50 Technic Lego sets and there have been a few minor issues over the last 5 years - only 42009 is really noticeable.

I had a problem with the 42009 and the yellow - the different beams are quite different. I do have some 50 Technic Lego sets and there have been a few minor issues over the last 5 years - only 42009 is really noticeable.

Same problem with 42029. Every single red https://rebrickable.com/parts/32140 in this set has lighter/less vivid colour than other red parts.

The Claas is no on UK S@H and available to order!

I am waiting for 1st Aug as there is supposed to be a micro london bus as a freebe... Of course I might miss out as it goes sold out in the first day....

Bart Smit in the Netherlands has it in stores right now. Small box size, that's a good thing. It's 159,99 but it has 10% discount till sunday. (Set will be 144 euro's.)

I'm so tempted to order another 4 tyres to put on my 9398.

you should, your heart says yes, your brain and wallet says no, but they always say to follow your heart.

Once they are available here I'm definitely buying 2 sets. Since I have only bought 1 set for 2016 ( go-cart) I might as well spent my lego budget on 2 of these :wink:

I'm probably gonna wait either until the holiday season or until there is a good discount. I recently have already blown too much money on LEGO. Bought the Arocs, Porsche, and 60+ on Bricklink orders.

It's in Hungarian shops since a week for 140-150€.

For some reason Hungary got more into Lego recently, there are dozens of Lego shops in the capital city (actual shops, not counting pure web-shops) and the prices are pretty good too. And in the countryside too. A shop just opened in the village next to my home town which is in one of the most underdeveloped parts of the country.

Maybe because there's a Lego factory in Hungary... but AFAIK only Duplo is being manufactured there.

Edited by Lipko

Got mine from Toys'r us today. Typical price in Finland 179 €.

Tires looks and feels just fantastic...