Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

For xerion builders: In step 57 (sub-step 2) instruction said to attach a black single bush (6073231) to a dark grey cross blok (4210857). It is in the center of the steering mechanism. These parts have to rotate on steering, but it tightens, and it makes steering harder (a lot). If you have a beam with cross axle (6123815) try to replace the black single bush. This section will be surrounded later, so dont worry about the two elements will apart slip. With the replaced item steering is a lot easier.

Claas has motorized PTO in front and rear (which is weird, because real Xerion has it only on the back).

I was think about that, but does the real Xerion have a PPTO or hydraulics in the front? Because maybe that PTO is used to compensate for no pneumatics.

Very nice render :thumbup: how did you manage to fit the flex axle?, I just can't get them to snap or are you using LDRAW

It is not the flex axle..

Anybody wanna guess what function does the silage plow have? I think the motorized functions are: changing the angle of the side blades, and changing the angle of the whole plow.

There are one motorized and one manual functions.

Is the instruction of the B-model available already?

No, but it is visible in the image of the B-model, that there is one catchover.

Edited by dimaks13

I have started writing review, I must say that this tractor is one of the best models in Technic line. It does not have empty spaces, almost whole chassis is packed with elements (mostly steering linkages and gears).

Hood is very nicely designed, cab is a little wobbly, due to use non-friction pins. It could work very well with pneumatics, I think that there is enough space for a compressor behind the stairs on left side. It has few technic never used before, like three way steering achieved with complex linkage system. Just take a look how many angles are used inside the hood:

57.jpg

I see one vertical bevel gear, one small LA, but no catchover in sight.

If yoy look directly on the box - little gray line is visible under the red gear inside.

Also - first time I looked at the lower side of the box of the set with PF. Is it a mistake, or on the image about washing PF elements there is always L-motor?

@M_longer

Absolutely highly detail pictures showing all the functions.

I will try to build this tractor with my loose parts before tractor is available here.

@M_longer

Absolutely highly detail pictures showing all the functions.

I will try to build this tractor with my loose parts before tractor is available here.

You will have problems with axles, becuase it uses hubs from Porsche.

I have finished writing review of this set. My longest review ever (over 150 pictures!), but only in polish, sorry :)

http://www.lugpol.pl...pic.php?t=28119

In short: Wheels, wheels, and wheels. Also great steering system, absolutely lovely colour scheme, very good base for modding. On other hand that logging crane is awful and model B is only another attachment.

But who cares, it has one of the best tires LEGO ever produced. Frame is very robust, and packed with elements. Just go and buy it, you will not regret it.

This is a tiny bit off track, but does anyone know why all 2H Technic sets aren't on the Canadian Lego website/store? Is ours releasing later? or is it just not listed yet, I really want my Claas on day 1!

This is a tiny bit off track, but does anyone know why all 2H Technic sets aren't on the Canadian Lego website/store? Is ours releasing later? or is it just not listed yet, I really want my Claas on day 1!

They will be probably listed on the last day of July, they are still not present also on polish S@H.

Did I miss the Eurobricks review for this set, and the BWE and the Volvo?

Andy D

One does not simply regret buying the Claas!

And one does not simply miss an published review...

@M_longer: Thanks a lot for the reviews, this and the Volvo. I love the fact that your reviews contain shots of various stages in the build, which are hard to seen in Sariel's ones. If only the pictures were larger, so that I don't have to click them.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Hello everybody ,

Indeed ,this is a great technic model ,i olso can't wait when Lego release this model .

At the end of the 90,s i had the chance to visit the Claas factory in Harsewinkel Germany ,where they at that moment developped the first model of this great and amazing pice of equipment

@M_longer: Thanks a lot for the reviews, this and the Volvo. I love the fact that your reviews contain shots of various stages in the build, which are hard to seen in Sariel's ones. If only the pictures were larger, so that I don't have to click them.

:)

I am glad that you like it. I got used to those small pictures, all reviews that I have made were using Brickshelf's thumbnails. BS gallery that contains all pictures used in this review is not public yet, so you will have to wait :/