Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Thank you very much for the LDD-file, I took the liberty of hiding the structure and highlighting the functions in different colours. I really like the clever mechanisms in this set:

One thing confuses me though, the drive to the PTO's (in red) appears to be liked to the M-motor with two sets of gears, but each is geared in a different ratio (see image below). Although there is a clutch gear, this seems to be a stange construction or am I missing something?

The cross axle joiner and the 4l axle from the motor are not connected :wink:

The cross axle joiner and the 4l axle from the motor are not connected :wink:

Ah thanks, that makes sense.

So this is an updated image:

n5g30l.jpg

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Done with the LDD file if anyone is interested model is without attachments here

800x535.jpg

I see that you haven't put in the small linear actuators on the front & back!

I see that you haven't put in the small linear actuators on the front & back!

Yes I can't get them to align As the are fully extended and when I try this trick that is posted (Somewhere in the LDD FORUM) it crashes my PC....

540x373.jpg

Maybe someone with more LDD experience should try it, Me and my novice attempts have only failed :laugh:

Then adjust the attachments accordingly.

With the front build as a sample, I found that the LA does not extend fully when at max height, as the beams reach the max turning radius and the LA starts to "click"

FRONT%20PTO%20.jpg

Apologies for the poor pic

Will rebuilt it and try

Okay It's added to the Model, let me know if you want the updated LDD file

640x479.jpg

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

Maybe someone with more LDD experience should try it, Me and my novice attempts have only failed :laugh:

GNAC HAS ARRIVED!

These can be slotted in where they need to be after removing the existing axles / joiners / gears because I had to change the angle. Also: the ram doesn't rotate with the rest of the actuator now for some reason. I didn't edit the <RigidSystem> data, so that's probably why. Let me know if these need to be a different length, and I'll have a proper look at them.

EDIT: balls, didn't see the edit.

Edited by Gnac

Nice model so far.. Even without the big wheels..

Very nice render :thumbup: how did you manage to fit the flex axle?, I just can't get them to snap or are you using LDRAW

If everything in the mail goes well, I will receive my 42054 next saturday (the 30th) have to be impatient for another week

If everything in the mail goes well, I will receive my 42054 next saturday (the 30th) have to be impatient for another week

I have mine already and I will start buidling it today :)

27841617663_b1c8903dbc_c.jpg

Yesterday. And I am going to write reviews for two polish LUGs.

Oh. I was able to get it earlier than you... Edited by dimaks13

I got it today. Hopefully I can build it tomorrow :)

Thank you Sariel for the great review, it helped in my decision.

Anybody wanna guess what function does the silage plow have? I think the motorized functions are: changing the angle of the side blades, and changing the angle of the whole plow.

Anybody wanna guess what function does the silage plow have? I think the motorized functions are: changing the angle of the side blades, and changing the angle of the whole plow.

From my understanding there is no PF on the silage plow

From my understanding there is no PF on the silage plow

Claas has motorized PTO in front and rear (which is weird, because real Xerion has it only on the back).

I think Claas looks best without any attachment ... I think I use the parts for the crane arm for something else.

And first thing I try to mod is manual cab-turning.

I'll get mine tomorrow. Although the set was available since 18th, I wasn't buying it because I was waiting for discount. And in result discount is 8%. :wall: