Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

"Hold on Mongo, Jim is calling... he likes lime!"

-new-kids-turbo-foto-constantin-.jpg

:grin:

Edited by agrof

Folks, check out Sariel's video right now! :grin:

Was watching it at 1 AM...

That double PTO is great. Especially as it might have been difficult to mod that, since the chassis is cramped with the steering.

Hope Jim's making good progress with his written review.... the anticipation :grin: :grin:

I will just leave this here (thanks to Sariel's Video Speedbuild)

800x647.jpg

To all Truck Trial addicts out there, check out this cool comparison video, the new tires rock!

Perhaps we need to begin an "availability" thread for this set as well as there have been many questions regarding it. I just checked the Lego S@H in the US and it has not been updated. I know others have said to not worry but other sets that are coming out in AUG are there..... plus, even the new Disney Castle, that does not come out until SEPT, is there. So.... I am kinda becoming worried that we will not see the set (in the US) in the month of AUG. Anyone with further information?

To all Truck Trial addicts out there, check out this cool comparison video, the new tires rock!

Interesting video. My hypothesis confirmed! These tires work best in mud and sand. However, I still do not think they replace third party tires...... and on the secondary market will likely be just as expensive or more so. However, for purists, they are a great addition.

Thank you for this interesting test, but I am not really convinced that the new tires are most suitable for mud and sand because the differences between the different tires are not so big. The reached distances can be more or less a random outcome. Did you perform any repetitions?

But anyway, it will be interesting to see those tires in action!

Edited by TechnicTobi

Thank you for this interesting test, but I am not really convinced that the new tires are most suitable for mud and sand because the distances reached with the different tires are not so big. The reached distances can be more or less a random outcome. Did you perform any repetitions?

But anyway, it will be interesting to see those tires in action!

I believe the test is not great at showing the true differences because as the elastic string gets stretched out the amount of energy to move forward is not proportional to the distance traveled.

A better test would have been to see performance up inclined surfaces.

I believe the test is not great at showing the true differences because as the elastic string gets stretched out the amount of energy to move forward is not proportional to the distance traveled.

A better test would have been to see performance up inclined surfaces.

Good objection. One could also estimate how many weight can be pulled on the different surfaces. Then one should have proportionality...

I believe the test is not great at showing [...]

Furthermore several times it stopped moving - not because the wheels lost their grip, but because the motor stalled.

Indeed an inclined hard surface (wood/concrete) would be good to judge the compound, an inclined soft surface (sand/mud) would be good to test the tire tread.

Thank you for posting the LDD file!

It seems that the steering works with the same small geometrical error, as my telehandler. It has a slight rear-wheel steering in normal mode too, and always in the same direction regardless the direction of the first axle.

One thing is strange though: the rear cartridge that actuates rear steering and can set the steering mode seems to slide sideways (mode selection) with friction.

BTW, in a Hungarias shop for a limited time and count, you could order it for 140 euros.

Edited by Lipko

Thank you for posting the LDD file!

One thing is strange though: the rear cartridge that actuates rear steering and can set the steering mode seems to slide sideways (mode selection) with friction.

Pleasure

But there shouldn't be any friction on the sliding bar, or am I missing something?

There's a 3L thin lever attached to the 2x4 beam that's being slid by the hand operated lever. But maybe I'm missing something.

My error

The 3l thin lever 3l Beam is a "spacer" that should be moved completely to the left, to allow the selector to line up with the catch at the back.

Thanks for pointing that out :wink:

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

It seems like I might be running solo in terms of concern whether or not it will be available 1 AUG in the US :sweet:

Anyways.... I called multiple stores here in the US and they all confirmed that they WILL have the set on 1 AUG. I am on a business trip in the St. Louis area..... I truly hope the only shop around me is true to their word and will have it when I make the trip.

I preordered the set and should be delivered between 27th and 30th

It seems like I might be running solo in terms of concern whether or not it will be available 1 AUG in the US :sweet:

I know I won't be getting it then, as our "supply" of Lego in South Africa is always a month or two later.... will be extremely lucky, if it arrives in Sept. :look:

And I would be already the owner of this set, if not-monobrand offline shops in Kyiv were getting the sets at the same time as monobrand...

Edited by dimaks13

Done with the LDD file if anyone is interested model is without attachments here

Thank you very much for the LDD-file, I took the liberty of hiding the structure and highlighting the functions in different colours. I really like the clever mechanisms in this set:

157ywc1.jpg

One thing confuses me though, the drive to the PTO's (in red) appears to be liked to the M-motor with two sets of gears, but each is geared in a different ratio (see image below). Although there is a clutch gear, this seems to be a stange construction or am I missing something?

25r13du.jpg

Edited by Cumulonimbus