Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Oh Sariel, You bend my willing (I don't wanted to buy any of these), all the sets look great together!

May You tell, who are the designers of each set?

The Claas indeed very sexy... Let's take a ride! Check the B-model at the end. :wink:

My oh my oh my you have the other 3 sets already!

Hey Sariel, can you please at least describe the BWE's box in comparison to the Arocs box? I mean, is the BWE's box the same with the Arocs box in terms of height, width, and depth, or is it bigger in any dimension?

The BWE box is bigger than any other including Porsche's, and no, I do not have any of these sets yet. I was just allowed to check them

It's LEGO Fan Media Day in Billund.

I still hoped you would get something to take home. :)

The BWE box is bigger than any other including Porsche's, and no, I do not have any of these sets yet. I was just allowed to check them

Could you tell, did they used new black steering hubs (like in 42056) in 2h2016 sets ?

Edited by rm8

Wow, that picture exactly sums up what I'm planning to buy regarding Lego this year :laugh:

Me too! Except for that orange thing.

@Sariel -- can we have a pre review, review? Or maybe just some impressions on the Volvo, CLAAS and BWE.

Andy D

I haven't noticed. I was busy looking at Volvo's new pneumatic pump.

I know it's not the Volvo topic, but Is the new pump also compatible with PF? Or Does it come with an extra pump?

I didn't get the sets, so my impressions are very limited. I don't see how the pump could be compatible with PF, except that it has no visible spring so maybe it can be driven by a motor (but then maybe it has an internal spring). It looks pretty weird color-wise compared to the existing pneumatics, because the top is black and the bottom is trans-blue.

It looks pretty weird color-wise compared to the existing pneumatics, because the top is black and the bottom is trans-blue.

Is it the trans-blue of the water bricks in the Fire Plane?

Looking at Sariel's pic the volvo box is big too, can't figure out how they filled it..volvo hasn't so many pieces..

The trans-blue looks the same as in the pneumatic cylinders from Lego Education.

Having just played with it today, I can confirm the tractor oozes awesomeness. Photo shared with personal permission from the designer:

13305260_10154905051223696_3808947036397780088_o.jpg

I would like to see more pics of these great sets!

So much for anticipation!

A tractor is always bad for trial, it has a tall gravity center, I don't know if I have written right the concept.

Edited by jorgeopesi

:classic: I wonder how good the claas will be used as a 4wd crawler?

I see monster trucks appearing...

I would like to see more pics of these great sets!

So much for anticipation!

You can find individual photos in the TechnicBricks FB page

Sariel - I have a question about Claas - how hard is the rubber of the tires? Is it as hard as unimog tires or harder like solid plastic.

Who will get this beautiful set for review than?

I'm bursting from anticipation!!

F__k. Wicked stuff. And to think that this isn't even the flagship model.

The BUCKET WHEEL EXCAVATOR isn't even the flagship model! Seems like TECHNIC made loads of large, great sets this year rather than just making the flagship big.

Maybe for TLG the BWE is the flagship....but for me it will be the Class. And somehow I can place the Volvo in 2nd position.....simply a cute authentic technic set! Regardless the size or the low number of pieces involved....

Maybe for TLG the BWE is the flagship....but for me it will be the Class. And somehow I can place the Volvo in 2nd position.....simply a cute authentic technic set! Regardless the size or the low number of pieces involved....

I agree, I think AFOLs choose the flagship every year, for me the Class no doubt and Volvo 2nd position... For example my flagship of 2014 was the Snowbike not the Volvo loader.