Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

I agree! I am sure that the with the der lever the movement coming from the front axle is either directed in the middle where it doesn't create a movement. If it is put all the way to the right it creats the opposite movement.

It is like to take your green liftarms (no blue ones needed) and move it to the middle for front steering and to the right to create 4 wheel steering.

JB

In my opinion the CLAAS licence is a very good opportunity for making a set of some CLAAS harvester as a main model and a CLAAS tractor as a B-model. Most of harvesters are using big "tractor" wheels as a front wheels and smaller wheels as a rear driving wheels. The harvester is usually bigger than a tractor so there would be enough parts for making a tractor as B-model. I really hope TLG will take this chance.

In my opinion the CLAAS licence is a very good opportunity for making a set of some CLAAS harvester as a main model and a CLAAS tractor as a B-model. Most of harvesters are using big "tractor" wheels as a front wheels and smaller wheels as a rear driving wheels. The harvester is usually bigger than a tractor so there would be enough parts for making a tractor as B-model. I really hope TLG will take this chance.

I'm very unsure if the will make a (combine) harvester with CLAAS. For the 8274 there can be no doubt about which real model was the inspiration when it comes to the color scheme.

http://brickset.com/sets/8274-1

It would be nice if they for the next year can make a low set modelling say ATOS or ARION tractors with a front end loader. Just having a loader gives it some meaning. But what I want is the tires! Smallar than this Xerion but still with tractor treads. So us tractor boys will have 3 different sizes of proper tires.

I'm very unsure if the will make a (combine) harvester with CLAAS. For the 8274 there can be no doubt about which real model was the inspiration when it comes to the color scheme.

http://brickset.com/sets/8274-1

It would be nice if they for the next year can make a low set modelling say ATOS or ARION tractors with a front end loader. Just having a loader gives it some meaning. But what I want is the tires! Smallar than this Xerion but still with tractor treads. So us tractor boys will have 3 different sizes of proper tires.

I'm afraid TLG won't introduce the so needed smaller tires with tractor tread - the new volvo was the perfect opportunity, instead we got the damn balloon tired which don't fit the great wheeled excavator.

Hope I'm wrong

I'm afraid TLG won't introduce the so needed smaller tires with tractor tread - the new volvo was the perfect opportunity, instead we got the damn balloon tired which don't fit the great wheeled excavator.

Hope I'm wrong

I also hope that you are wrong and LEGO makes 81,6 and 139mm tires so we tractor builders can make vareus tractor models from 100 to 500hp tractors.

Since we know a lot about the size and functions of the 42054, I imagine that a lot of you guys and girls are secretly plotting to take over the world make add-ons for this set. I'm curious which tools/attachments/trailers you AFOLs will build for this set?

Personally, I would like something which will complement the size and power of a Xerion, but what to build? A big 3-axle silage trailer like a Lely Tigo XR, a 10 or even 12 furrow plough or a special swan neck slurry tanker? I would like something mechanical and preferably "functional" which can sweep/pick up/organise bricks. While browsing I see a lot of Xerions sowing, mowing, chipping wood and distributing slurry, but I feel that these machines are not so interesting to replicate in Technic. Which bright ideas are you willing to share at this point?

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Since we know a lot about the size and functions of the 42054, I imagine that a lot of you guys and girls are secretly plotting to take over the world make add-ons for this set. I'm curious which tools/attachments/trailers you AFOLs will build for this set?

Personally, I would like something which will complement the size and power of a Xerion, but what to build? A big 3-axle silage trailer like a Lely Tigo XR, a 10 or even 12 furrow plough or a special swan neck slurry tanker? I would like something mechanical and preferably "functional" which can sweep/pick up/organise bricks. While browsing I see a lot of Xerions sowing, mowing, chipping wood and distributing slurry, but I feel that these machines are not so interesting to replicate in Technic. Which bright ideas are you willing to share at this point?

1) fertilizer - it will fold in neat package. And of course it will open and spread to be really really wide with lots of supporting arms.

2) seeding machine - that will place and drop in neat lines 1x1 bricks on the floor

In the video, the steering selector moves in and out when steered. It also has to be lifted and then moved left right or center to choose steering mode. And, in front wheel steer mode, the selector sits slightly higher than in the other two modes.

This is what I came up with that would have similar selector properties as well as fairly simple. And I know the proportions are completely incorrect.

The black pieces are the steering assembly. The orange pieces represent the mode selector which is also connected to the steering system so that is moves forward and back when steered. The selector is shown in the front wheel only position. It would be moved either left or right to select the other modes. The selector would latch onto the red beam. The blue bits would lock the wheels in front wheel only mode.

Did anyone noticed that steering mode selection lever is more pulled out when 4 wheel steering and crab steering are selected than when only front wheel steering is selected? (or I'm I to late)

Here’s a quick summary of what we know so far:

New tractor tires (107x44), exclusive 4 wheel steering, cabin rotates (motorized), lower 2 sections of the crane are motorized, upper 2 are manual, possibly only rear PTO, no engine or 4 wheel drive, B model just rebuilds crane and weights into a silage plow, small steering lock, no suspension, and HOG steering.

I,m gonna fit a motor to each wheel of that tractor and drive the cats mad :devil:

i'll use the crane to build 42029

Edited by ctx1769

I'm guessing it is about the same scale as the 8482 tractor with Claas resemblance.

CBT has made a lot of machines for this tractor.

Here is a link to the page:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=219432

Would a lot of them fit the new Xerion to?

If so, would love to see more!!!!

Looking at the wheels (107.4 mm) the scale is approx. 1:19

Pretty cool!

Price in Germany 149,99Euro

JB

I was looking at the wheels today as well and wondering exactly how big they would be. Well, not even close to as big as those that I used on my NYM's Unimog (pictured below in my signature block; they are about 137 mm); but, as has already been pointed out, certainly larger than the Unimog and PP tires. Well.... interesting piece of information.... the thread we have here about third party tires, started by efferman http://www.eurobrick...opic=70865&st=0 has a couple of pictures that give us an idea just how much bigger. Efferman, in the very beginning of the post uploads some pictures.

101_9348.jpg

101_9349.jpg

These tires are about 108 mm in diameter, almost exactly the size of those on the new Xerion.

Edited by nerdsforprez