Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Does this thing have suspension in real life? My guess is no.

edit: Slow poster here, already answered, thanks.

Edited by aol000xw

The only thing that is suspended is the Cab in the real Claas, AFAIK the tires act like suspension

Thats what I thought, so complaing about the lack of suspension is a bit daft

They could have used the batterybox as the front counterweight (maybe make it black?) and had a proper engine inside instead

But maybe it's not possible to have the wheels drive it with that sterring setup?

As much as I really like and will definitely get at least one (probably more than one) I would also have liked to see some kind of drive train for the wheels to a motor or fake engine. Would have been a great opportunity to get planetary gear reduction wheel hubs.

Look at around 30 seconds:

The real deal seems to have a pendular front axle. I am pretty sure adding a drive would be easy, since the massive wheels have to be supported by hubs and where there are hubs you can easily stick in CV joints. But that kind of drive is only suitable for a fake engine, not real off road crawling. For that you need portal hubs and even more room between fenders! I hope Lego at least made the front axle pendular, its not a really hard thing to do.

Look at around 30 seconds:

The real deal seems to have a pendular front axle. I am pretty sure adding a drive would be easy, since the massive wheels have to be supported by hubs and where there are hubs you can easily stick in CV joints. But that kind of drive is only suitable for a fake engine, not real off road crawling. For that you need portal hubs and even more room between fenders! I hope Lego at least made the front axle pendular, its not a really hard thing to do.

This can be one of your future modifications. :classic:

Thats what I thought, so complaing about the lack of suspension is a bit daft

Even 8849, 8284, 8063 had suspension, as almost every tractor has. A bad miss on the Claas in my opinion.

I don't think it has any suspension besides the tyres and the cab

I've read the 65 page pdf and suspension is only mentioned with regards to the cab

Wheel's seem to fix to the frame

Edited by 1974

Even 8849, 8284, 8063 had suspension, as almost every tractor has. A bad miss on the Claas in my opinion.

I checked the part list of the three sets and I didn't found any suspensions.

Is an undamped trailing arm a suspension? Hmm ..

Edited by 1974

I checked the part list of the three sets and I didn't found any suspensions.

Check "pendular" suspension. All three models have it.

For pendular suspension I can't say anything because I don't own any of them. But for normal spring suspension they don't have it.

Edited by Strojnik80

Yes, I understand but that pdf is very comprehensive. Why leave out such an important feature?

Not in the pdf, but in the website itself it says "Pendelachse vorne".

It also says "Gefederte Vorderachse: Nein", which translates to "Front axle suspension system: No"

Alternative model seems nice as well:

12473908_988154684575568_6648052021906888051_o.jpg

Source: promobricks on facebook:

Edited by Jump

When looking at the english page i see front swing axle mentioned under Machine equipment. Yet at the left is does indeed say Front axle suspension: no. So what gives? I did i search for front swing axle and can't really decide on the results. Here is wikipedia on swing axles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swing_axle. But the tractor doesn't have suspension so maybe it's optional?