Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Love this monster.

Sadly no fake engine and 4wd.

Don't like the crane/grabber.

Rims are the same as the Unimog???

I could be wrong, but I believe the rims are the same one found on the Unimog, Volvo Loader, Crawler, etc. The red is a new color and there are red 6x6 dishes in the rims.

I'm pretty excited about the new tires. I'll probably use them on my current road grader project.

Not a farm machine fan, but the 3 steering modes is intriguing to see how they did it. Was thinking this was the least likely set for me, now, I'm not so sure. Might need to get 2 for those wheels, though. :)

Edited by rollermonkey

Edit by Hinckley: pictures changed to links. Please reference the Site Guidelines (upper right hand corner of any forum page, under the banner or any staff signature) for the correct dimensions of posted images. These are too large. Thank you.

Here are the latest pics from promobricks.de (FB-site):

https://scontent-frt...321347906_o.jpg

https://scontent-frt...675263537_o.jpg

https://scontent-frt...063218408_o.jpg

https://scontent-frt...544951572_o.jpg

https://scontent-frt...711391767_o.jpg

https://scontent-frt...620100501_o.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook...987683231289380

BTW, where is the massive exhaust pipe of the original modell??? That should have been important for Claas for the authentic appearance.

That massive exhaustpipe is on the latest xerion models replaced to an other place. So this is made after the specs of the latest model. I would have loved to see the beatifull pipe so that is the first mod. Wheels are great. I want at least 2 tractors.

I don't get the hate (maybe a tad too strong of a word) on the crane, I kind of like it, and besides, would it be better if we had no crane? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, if it had no crane people would complain that it didn't have enough functions. However as it is it would have made more sense as the 1H flagship. Considering it's coming out alongside two larger and more expensive flagships, had they ditched the crane and the motor and battery box (make it PF ready) they could have hit a lower price that would make more sense in the context of the rest of the sets being released. I think a lot of people are going to be deciding between which set they want to buy rather than picking up this one on top of a flagship set because they just want the tires.

I want those tires for the P.F. Backhoe V2 from Jurgen Krooshoop that is my next project.

Hate the P.P. Tires on it, these ones would look great on it.

Now I have to search better front tires for it.

Considering it's coming out alongside two larger and more expensive flagships, had they ditched the crane and the motor and battery box (make it PF ready) they could have hit a lower price that would make more sense in the context of the rest of the sets being released.

I was also wondering what the added value of the PF is. I think that a fake engine with some differentials would increase the appeal without decreasing the playability of the set.

Nice source of lime beams and panels, new tires (i become a fan of new tires, trying to collect as many as i can =), almost 2000 parts, 3 turntables, lime flex axles, some complex mechanics inside... I'm not a fan of tractors, but this one it's just a good set to relax for a whole day with pizza, beer and a wife at the kitchen)

I watched video again and again and (I hope I am wrong) the angles wheel wheel turn are terribly but terribly small. it will need lots of space to make 180deg turn. If that is the case, well, that is not good.

I would rather loose some look and have steering that can turn the vehicle.

I guess I will have to wait for reviews. Please if there is some future reviewer, I would like to ask already about turning diameter at full angles.

This is really a must have set. I already have some ideas for some attachments for front and rear part.

I wonder how easy it is to remove attachments. The mini-LA at the rear looks really deeply embedded in the crane. I might be wrong, but it looks like it's not as quick to swap like it was in the Unimog. A side note: is it correct that a real Xerion doesn't have a front PTO?

Yeah the turn radius looks to be huge.I wonder why the wheels don't turn more. Is it to enable all the modes of steering?

Yeah the turn radius looks to be huge.I wonder why the wheels don't turn more. Is it to enable all the modes of steering?

i think it is simply because fenders are too close.

I wonder how easy it is to remove attachments. The mini-LA at the rear looks really deeply embedded in the crane. I might be wrong, but it looks like it's not as quick to swap like it was in the Unimog. A side note: is it correct that a real Xerion doesn't have a front PTO?

One more reason to redesign it. :classic:

I am curieus how they done the turning of the cab. He switches it on, yhe cab turns and at the end he has not to turn it off. It has an automatic stop. Love this thing more and more. A shame that they never present the b models.

It's likely done by limiting how far it can go and allowing a white clutch gear to slip when it reaches the end of travel.

Edited by allanp

The more pictures/video's i see, the more doubts i get. This was the 2016 set i was most excited about. Unfortunately: no engine, no suspension, the steering modes are great, but the wheels can only turn a bit. Far from realistic. They motorized the crane partly. And the most import part, the grabber, isn't motorized... Missed chances on important functions. Why didn't they skip the PF here? Then it could have been a cheaper set with more functions.

Edited by Bering

That is one ugly crane. Why not use the AROC parts?

What kind of suspension does this have in real life?

The more pictures/video's i see, the more doubts i get. This was the 2016 set i was most excited about. Unfortunately: no engine, no suspension, the steering modes are great, but the wheels can only turn a bit. Far from realistic. They motorized the crane partly. And the most import part, the grabber, isn't motorized... Missed chances on important functions. Why didn't they skip the PF here? Then it could have been a cheaper set with more functions.

Thats bad! :P it should be the other way around hehe. But fully agreed, it would had been better and kinda awesome if they motorized the tractor itself instead, and maybe also the steering modes. Then they could had made the crane just like an simple attachment fully manually operated instead.

Edited by GoldVillage

That is one ugly crane. Why not use the AROC parts?

What kind of suspension does this have in real life?

The only thing that is suspended is the Cab in the real Claas, AFAIK the tires act like suspension