Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Since TLG got the Porsche license they can make this :

Porsche-Junior.jpg?w=550&la=en

A win-win situation for GroundskeeperWillie :laugh:

(I actually own this as an RC vehicle from Tamiya, hehe)

107x 44 mm tires?

p.s. nice so I saw it correct... imagne 8x8 tatra with these tires... or the Volvo 42030 with these babies.... my wallet is screaming atm.

For my wallets sake i'm trying not to. BTW as far as Tatras go i think the tires would be better on a Agrotruck which is 6x6 so slightly cheaper.

Am I the only one who like the crane? It is ugly indeed, but it is interesting mechanically. It is not simply rotating around a pivot point, but also extending. I prefer the mechanics over the look, so I like it. Also notice the two studs at the driving seat, is it for minifigs? Seems like.

I like the crane arm. I know it's not the first attachment people think of with a tractor but it does provide an interesting mechanical element.

This set is an absolute must buy for me. I love everything about it already but the wheels made it probably the first set for 2h that I'll buy.

Is interesting that none of displayed models have chevron on tyres in right place.Who build it probably must have hard times with instructions... :grin:

Yeah :laugh: It seems like LEGO models at toy fairs always have areas that are not assembled or displayed correctly. Little details like that matter!

This is the best looking 2h set this year in my opinion (apart from the porsche, since it seems to be a one-off UCS for the time being). And it's one of the best looking sets overall (given the crane can always be modded)

Although I'm not a huge fan of agricultural machines, this set is impressive. New tires, 3 steering modes, authentic features such as the cabin lift, ... very well done. I will probably think of another attachment/tool/trailer, but well done TLG.

I like this set. Its massive and looks good. The new tires show that TLG is listening to AFOLs and the different steering modes is fantastic. I would have liked to see a fake engine and AWD over a motor and battery box, but that's not a big deal.

The crane may be a little half baked along with a couple tiny things on the model, but I'm sure there will be plenty of modifications and attachments on the forum.

Are the rims the same as the 42030 or are they new too? Also I wonder if it uses the portal hubs or the 42000 hubs

I think this is the set of the year for me, great features, especially the steering, I can overlook the crane, as I can see many just building their own attachments for this beast. And those wheels, wow,

Colours all look great to boot. Again I'm a little worried about the B model, could not quite make out whether the guy demonstrating the product said the B model was a Sewage processing plant or a sewage pump? either way, a little odd when it comes to the B model.

Yeah if it uses the old wheel, you cannot get great steering angles with such high offset. I do hope the new tyres are nice and soft and not the hard rubbery plastic like unimog's wheels.

Not a big fan of agricultural sets, but dang those tires look great. Can't wait to see someone throw eight onto a crawler.

Challenge accepted, fox 2.0 coming when I get a job :laugh:

My take is that the crane is there just to provide functional attachment that does not require many parts - I strongly believe this set was developed to be a sandbox for MOD fans - as Unimog was.

I love it :)

Edited by peter_m

I don't get the hate (maybe a tad too strong of a word) on the crane, I kind of like it, and besides, would it be better if we had no crane? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Only thing I don't like is that the 3 point hitches are raised and lowered on the attachment side.

I don't get the hate (maybe a tad too strong of a word) on the crane, I kind of like it, and besides, would it be better if we had no crane? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe if the crane was attached to a PTO powered wood chipper, it might be better. :wink:

Otherwise, it's like they got the idea from a MOD for Farming 2015.

Love this monster.

Sadly no fake engine and 4wd.

Don't like the crane/grabber.

Rims are the same as the Unimog???

Edited by Dafgek81