Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

Wow....those wheels and rims!

28109171994_30a4d95d8b_c.jpg

This looks pretty cool. The scissory (?) crane arm looks a bit awkward though. Not sure why they didn't use the new parts from the Arocs outriggers.

I love the tires though :thumbup:

I agree the crane is petty bad.

It seams like the designer hit a parts price/count limit and just had to do what he could....

On the other hand; The tractor itself looks awesome :wub:

Will be my first tractor.

Thoses tires....fantastic.

The cabin doesn't rotate, right?!

I love the linkage on that crane.

The front counterweight is a little clunky to me. I like the tires. Maybe it's time to start another feller.

I just love those tires. :wub: The crane though. :look::sick:

Tires are beast, but I wonder how heavy they actually are, and I'm curious as to how the rims look like.

As for the crane... eh, that can be touched up.

This is very cool, new rims, new tires, nice green body. I really like it. I wonder how big the tires are compared to the Unimog ones.

The cabin doesn't rotate, right?!

According to the box, the cabin is motorized. What else, other than turning, could it do :)?

Above the counter-weight, there are some exposed gears, so I guess the model is ready for front-attachments as well, which was to be expected, but it's still cool that it is really there.

I see no B-model reference though...

Never thought I'de be excited for a tractor, but this looks great. Those tyres are fantastic. By my count I'de say they were between 13 and 14 studs (about 108mm) diameter. That's bigger than the power puller! Oh yeah! Looks to be four wheel steering also. With that piece count it might also be 4WD.

Edited by allanp

Im sure it will be 4wd its licensed set, great model.I will buy it for sure. :thumbup:

I have mixed feelings here. The proportions don't seem right for me. :sceptic: The crane is a mehhh, but we can build another one.

New lime green panels... anytime, thank You! :classic:

I see the same mechanism in the front, with the countwheight, and in the back, with the crane. That means that the crane is modular!

Now, one question: how do you control the crane?

Does it have driving gears in the crane (something like the pneumatic levers on the Unimog crane, but mechanicall)?

Does it have a lot of crankshafts going throught the model? Or is it manual?

Aslo, hope it has various steering modes, like the real one.

Never thought I'de be excited for a tractor, but this looks great. Those tyres are fantastic. By my count I'de say they were between 13 and 14 studs (about 108mm) diameter. That's bigger than the power puller! Oh yeah! Looks to be four wheel steering also. With that piece count it might also be 4WD.

They looks to be similar to the unimog tires in size but the new aggressive terra pattern gives them a few mm extra diameter.

Those tires though.... they would look awesome on a 8X8 truck. The crane is really ugly though, it would almost make the set better if it wasn't there.