Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

I forgot to take several pictures of them ... 42053 and 42054 were very heavy relative to their size. It is as if 42054 is much heavier than 42,052 (helicopter).

The amount of frames is too damn high!!

@merman: Since it is out, can you please share the pictures of the inner flap of the box :laugh:

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Now miss only an image of invenctory and I can die in peace :laugh:

Yea, it was the first thing asked and it's still nowhere to be found :laugh::innocent2:

It's a nice surprise that the new curved gear racks have extra holes at whole-stud positions. Good design by lego to have them have a diameter of 10 studs, so they can add holes at (6; 8) and (8; 6) via Pythagoras.

Good design by lego to have them have a diameter of 10 studs

The number of studs from the center to the rim, including both the stud in the center and the stud on the rim, is actually 11.

Which means the distance between the centers of the holes on the edge, and the center of the circle, is 10 studs. That's the distance I was talking about :).

Edited by Erik Leppen

I believe the Pythagoras used in this case is not 6-8-10, if you are referring to them as measure of studs. The 2 commonly used trios in Lego is 4-5-6 (studs), and 7-9-11 (studs), which is a doubled version of the 4-5-6. The holes on the rim, I believe, are placed so that the 7-9-11 combo can be used.

Unprecedented numbers, people:

- 75 DBG 15L liftarms

- 59 DBG 11L liftarms

- 101 LBG 5L liftarms

- 724 black 2L pins

- 487 blue 3L pins

- 112 dirt bricks: 40 DBG 1x1, 40 LBG 1x1, 16 DBG 2x2, 16 LBG 2x2

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Yes, but that terminology is confusing. After all, 7^2 + 9^2 is not equal to 11^2, and 2 x 4/5/6 is not equal to 7/9/11.

The end holes of an 11 beam are 10 studs apart (11th hole - 1st hole: 11 - 1 = 10).

If you use Pythagoras, use the distances between the centers of the holes. The you can do the actual math. Then you get 3/4/5 satisfying 3^2 + 4^2 = 5^2, or 6/8/10, or 5/12/13, 8/15/17 or whichever other combinations you can use :). That you craete the 10 distance with an 11 beam or a 12 brick is good to know and often useful, but the Pythagoras theorem works on 10, not on 11 or 12 :)

So, the ring has a diameter of 20 (centers of holes), and as the thickness is 1, it has an outer diameter (edge of plastic) of 21 studs (2 * 10 + 1, or, alternatively, 2 * 11 with 1 overlap).

Unprecedented numbers, people:

- 75 DBG 15L liftarms

- 59 DBG 11L liftarms

- 101 LBG 5L liftarms

- 724 black 2L pins

- 487 blue 3L pins

- 112 dirt bricks: 40 DBG 1x1, 40 LBG 1x1, 16 DBG 2x2, 16 LBG 2x2

Could you make a picture(s) of inventory page(s)?

The hype train arrived ahead of schedule. There will be a large dent in this summer's budget but at least it was anticipated and planned for :grin:

These pictures made my day. Now I just want to see the inventory.

Pictures of all 3 pages of the inventory can be found in the photobucket album linked in the 'inner flap of the box' image.

I've seen the invenctory, why is there one small tyre at pag 550 in the below left corner? What is it used for?

Edited by Alegomind

Well there's no sign of it in the base or in the truck, so it must be in the superstructure. On the same page 550, you can see there are 13 small wheels. 12 of which are already used to brace the bucket wheel, so the remaining one probably goes with the tyre. My guess is that it slides on the gear racks between the superstructure and the base.

I see from merman's photos that the Mining Truck in this set is built differently from the one in 42035.

So it is true that they redesigned the truck as mentioned in the interview.