Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

Get your act together boys.

My now wife got me my 8043 just by hearing that I built Lego alot when I was a kid. She encouraged me to buy the 42030 and 42009 at the same time, since the price was good.

Without her, my latest Lego models would still be 8868 or my heavily modified 8862.

By being sexist, like you are, you create a threshold for women to see themselves as AFOLs.

If also women AFOLs buy lego, then more pieces will be available in the 2nd hand market, and a bigger market for new Lego will generate more spectacular models, like the 2H 2016 we have seen. You should embrace women AFOLs, and as fellow AFOLs.

Would you like your daughters to reflect on their market value as commodities, or to look forward to become AFOLs themselves?

Of my three children, my 1½ YO daughter is the most frequent to lend my 42030.

Get you act together.

Dont be sexists.

Don't treat women as commodities.

Be happy that you have partners.

Best Regards

Temporary

My now wife got me my 8043 just by hearing that I built Lego alot when I was a kid. She encouraged me to buy the 42030 and 42009 at the same time, since the price was good.

Without her, my latest Lego models would still be 8868 or my heavily modified 8862.

By being sexist, like you are, you create a threshold for women to see themselves as AFOLs.

If also women AFOLs buy lego, then more pieces will be available in the 2nd hand market, and a bigger market for new Lego will generate more spectacular models, like the 2H 2016 we have seen. You should embrace women AFOLs, and as fellow AFOLs.

Would you like your daughters to reflect on their market value as commodities, or to look forward to become AFOLs themselves?

Get you act together.

Dont be sexists.

Best Regards

Temporary

Well said :thumbup:

Get you act together.

Dont be sexists.

Best Regards

Temporary

Definitely well said. My wife brought me out of my dark ages with 8297, and makes sure I have every opportunity to purchase sets when we can. She has even tricked into the Lego Store a few times.

But we should get back on topic, unless this set requires spousal approval to purchase.

What's this rant about? As far as I understand, it's all just for the fun of it, if it's about the jokes about selling family members to afford Lego sets. Don't take it so seriously.

I mean, who the hell would actually sell their wife or kids for the sake of Lego sets anyway?

What's this rant about? As far as I understand, it's all just for the fun of it, if it's about the jokes about selling family members to afford Lego sets. Don't take it so seriously.

I mean, who the hell would actually sell their wife or kids for the sake of Lego sets anyway?

How is it even sexist to say people would sell their wife? They were also saying they would sell their kids, siblings, pets, they weren't targeting women, it's a joke saying you would sell you ever is closest to you. Some people get offended at everything....

Wow, I never thought I will see raging kids AND sexist fights here... Whats next religous and political arguements? If i want to see such arguments I will just go to a random youtube video and read the comments below.

People are way too oversensitive these days, the comments about selling wifes/fionces were at least for me sarcastic, and if you dont understand that, than you need to step outside in the real world and learn to about sarcasm among other things.

I suggest for others to stop the chain of what you would give/sell for the set and to get back onto track.

Anyone else thinks that the wheel is actually powered by the same conveyer that feeds out the material? It would be a very elegant solution IMO.

how about finding a buyer for your gf also :grin: that way you won't have to worry about any wedding ring :grin:

i managed to unload my fiance sister mother for 42055 LOL

Could not agree more, but I 'floated' the idea few months back of having technic parts in women colors (pink/magenta/purple...). Not sexist at all ... Someone told me once the fundamental difference between men and women is: Men say 'as long as it works', women say: 'Make sure it's beautiful'. So, if TLG is willing to add (girl) looks/colors to function, maybe we'll see more adoption of Technic with our significant others. For now, I'm not sure TLG is willing to venture that far, except for few 'small' technic sets, and of course Elves and friends..

... unless this set requires spousal approval to purchase.

For sure it does!

Edited by DrJB

Could not agree more, but I 'floated' the idea few months back of having technic parts in women colors (pink/magenta/purple...). Not sexist at all ... Someone told me once the fundamental difference between men and women is: Men say 'as long as it works', women say: 'Make sure it's beautiful'. So, if TLG is willing to add (girl) looks/colors to function, maybe we'll see more adoption of Technic with our significant others. For now, I'm not sure TLG is willing to venture that far, except for few 'small' technic sets, and of course Elves and friends..

For sure it does!

I think Technic colors tend be based on the item they are creating, for example I don't think I've ever seen a pink BWE before. If they wanted Technic to be more appealing to females, they would probably be better to change the type of sets they make, for example, not that many females (I'm sure there are some though) get excited about cranes/trucks, and for the ones that do, good on em.

Edited by Riley-NZL

Men say 'as long as it works', women say: 'Make sure it's beautiful'.

It's funny because that is exactly the same thing I have heard as the difference between Japanese and Italian engineering!

not that many females (I'm sure there are some though) get excited about cranes/trucks, and for the ones that do, good on em.

I get very exited about large machinery, as I used to make my living driving/operating it and am still licence to drive most of it. As for girly colours a local transport company has all it's vehicles painted Pink in support of breast cancer awareness, so imagine 42043 in pink :classic:, Hmm goes of to check Bricklink for Pink parts :wink:

I get very exited about large machinery, as I used to make my living driving/operating it and am still licence to drive most of it. As for girly colours a local transport company has all it's vehicles painted Pink in support of breast cancer awareness, so imagine 42043 in pink :classic:, Hmm goes of to check Bricklink for Pink parts :wink:

Surely they could have just donated whatever it cost to paint all there trucks (probably thousands), and would ahve made more money for Breast Cancer then painting the trucks would have. Still, at least they are doing something.

When you paint you fleet pink it does two things, generates awareness of the issue, and then generates additional revenue as people switch to that product because they give money to a charity.

Since we're on this topic, might as well. Here are few pictures of something we did a couple of years back, to raise awareness about breast cancer. There is even a die-cast version for collectors.

byitself836down8x10final_1078.jpgER14923.jpgWintec_621F_Pink_Wheel_Loader-500.jpg

When you paint you fleet pink it does two things, generates awareness of the issue, and then generates additional revenue as people switch to that product because they give money to a charity.

Precisely ... it's a win-win, for both the cause and the sponsor.

It's funny because that is exactly the same thing I have heard as the difference between Japanese and Italian engineering!

I'm not sure Japanese men and Italian women make a good match ... :sweet: ... or maybe I need to expand my 'geography'.

Since we're on this topic, might as well. Here are few pictures of something we did a couple of years back, to raise awareness about breast cancer. There is even a die-cast version for collectors.

byitself836down8x10final_1078.jpgER14923.jpgWintec_621F_Pink_Wheel_Loader-500.jpg

I'm not sure Japanese men and Italian women make a good match ... :sweet: ... or maybe I need to expand my 'geography'.

That's pretty cool, probably make the Health and Safety people happy as well, they are certainly "hi-vis".

Surely they could have just donated whatever it cost to paint all there trucks (probably thousands), and would ahve made more money for Breast Cancer then painting the trucks would have. Still, at least they are doing something.

Oh they donate a LOT of money and time as well

byitself836down8x10final_1078.jpg

:thumbup:

Now, who will be the first to build a pink excavator wih Lego? Unless it has already been done?

Edited by wissamms

New discovery

The lower conveyor belt use a 12-gear disk to turn the turntable, instead of a 12-gear black gear.

Under the conveyor belt are two 6-hole disks. They fit well with the slits on the curved gear racks.

Thanks for theYoutube link.

The looks to be 2 (Two) different size yellow axles 11 and 5 long.

Has anyone eles noticed how the conver belt and faward looks jerkey in its movment

Yep they moves most jerky when the conveyor belts and the turret rotate at the same time. The torque is split.

Talking about which I don't understand why Markus design the way that the turret only rotates when the belts are rotating. I mean why not make the two functions separate...

If I'm able to purchase this set in October, I've got a dashboard project going for this year, I will keep the clutch for bucket and belt drive, but separate it from movement and slewing, because you might need to back out and turn through of a rockface all at one, just for quicker transitions.

I think they brought this set because the 42030 did very well, regardless of its huge pricetag. I'm not quite sure how i feel about the look of this thing, but nearly 4000 parts is going to be fun!