Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

Why it is not sold by Amazon in Italy? I have seen on other countries and Amazon sells it there..

You're better off buying it from amazon.de or some other foreign website. New sets become available later than in most other EU countries and when they do they tend to be ridiculously overpriced.

I think the real gem in this BWE is the function that lock the lower belt in respect to the ground.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

That set's been out for more than a year; in any case, I got it for far less in Germany and Switzerland. In fact, I've bought quite a few sets in the past 12 months and I've always found way better prices abroad rather than in Italy. VAT and overall taxes here are beyond ridiculous.

Hello Folks, guess what i stumbled upon yesterday:

(you wont get it right btw :tongue: )

no i will just tell you

Not totally 42055-b but it has a lot to do with it and for some reason i find these kind of video's wildly interesting so i considered it worth sharing here

and you can learn a lot from this video

Edited by roppie11

if someone could make a micro scaled grille like that (and also if you cover the gaps in chute and the conveyor belts) you could have a model capable to separate small materials, like sand from small stones, that would be really cool.

Just finished dismantling the BWE in order to start the B model.

Anyone found out what the single worm gear in the BWE was there for - seems to have no purpose other than acting as a 2L spacer.

Edited by Doug72

It is for the B model, look at the B model´s instruction in step 610, they use it to move the upper conveyor belt.

It is for the B model, look at the B model´s instruction in step 610, they use it to move the upper conveyor belt.

Thanks for that just started building the B model.

BWE parted out!

This is the Chuck Norris of sets - how many parts in the set? All of them!

980B5B7D-35ED-4015-A821-7F6023BD0430.jpg

360AE97C-0690-4BCD-A11A-9AB24B08FDB0.jpg

It's really a lot of parts when spread out like that. Due to limited space on my desk I only opened the bags by number as I progressed in the building.

Maybe I'll just stack everything up when I disassemble my BWE before building the B-model, just to get the view of it.

The BWE parts must be the best selection to make a big, heavy and robust chassis, just look how many structural pieces are in it, lots of 5x7 frames, liftarms, connectors and axles, is really amazing.

Edited by ImanolBB

The BWE parts must be the best selection to make a big, heavy and robust chassis, just look how many structural pieces are in it, lots of 5x7 frames, liftarms, connectors and axles, is really amazing.

Until now i only heard good things about the BWE in parts count, we all know now that the functions are not that great.

I'm curious about everybody owning this "partsship", where are the wonderful MOC's?

BWE parted out!

This is the Chuck Norris of sets - how many parts in the set? All of them!

980B5B7D-35ED-4015-A821-7F6023BD0430.jpg

360AE97C-0690-4BCD-A11A-9AB24B08FDB0.jpg

I do not see the conveyor chains!

I did like Error404 when I gathered mine, bag after bag :laugh:

I'm curious about everybody owning this "partsship", where are the wonderful MOC's?

Dude, the set's been out for less than a month.

I,m still building mine, other commitments like work, sleeping and other things like most people. Lego is a hobby.

I'm not much of a Technic guy, but so far the build is fascinating and it already looks bigger than in pictures. The completed base is enough to get an idea.

I believe that BWE and Porsche are very much targeted at non-Technic audience who like large builds and outside looks, whether they're large and beautiful (Porsche) or large, raw and industrial like BWE.

Dude, the set's been out for less than a month.

Really, i didn't know that. :wink: I was asking for MOC's... Please read.

Edited by Bering