Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

Just tried wedge wheels in the grooves of the new gear quadrant and the groove on one side is slightly narrower than the other side

Wedge wheel rolls freely on one side but has a lot of friction on the other side.

So when assembling the turntable gear racks need to make sure the sides with the wider groove are used for the wedge wheel to roll along.

Above is incorrect !!

Edited by Doug72

How to get on? :-(

i tried to buy 1 over valuebrick.at, but it's sold out....

same for me, juste the time to add BWE and Claas and confirm my basket end it's sold out :(

Got mine from argos just now - 3 for 2 offer - though what is left is fairly poor so I only got 42040 free with my BWE and 42043. Mind you their web site is really crap and you cannot do the 3/2 offer on things out of stock.

I jumped on 3 for 2 at Argos on Friday morning, first thing, ordered 3 x BWE into Guildford, they arrived in store on Sunday, boxes were huge! £179 saving, so £119 each, not bad less than a week after it launched!

Any guesses to how many parts left over from the B model, should be still a good few frames and 12 quadrants by the looks

Ha, same ... also wanted to order Volvo + Claas at valuebrick.at - we were too late. And pre-order just started yesterday morning :oh3:

I hope the discount prices remain for the next wave.

PS.: brickstore.at should have 42055 on stock soon again. Keep an eye on it.

Edited by Emmi

Ha, same ... also wanted to order Volvo + Claas at valuebrick.at - we were too late. And pre-order just started yesterday morning :oh3:

I hope the discount prices remain for the next wave.

PS.: brickstore.at should have 42055 on stock soon again. Keep an eye on it.

i have written with valuebrick.at.

They said, that they didn't thought it would be sold out within 5 minutes.

Now they try to get these LEGO Technic Sets from other shops, but the price will be higher.

The new official delivery from LEGO will be in September.

Why the rush? Patience is a good thing. These sets will be available for at least two years with many better discounts to come. :-)

Why the rush? Patience is a good thing. These sets will be available for at least two years with many better discounts to come. :-)

Because, hype :wink:

Agree with the H2 - great sets buy now. But the 3 for 2 offer at Argos was a good one. I only saved £45, but tried to get a £120 saving on the blue crawler crane - but it was sold out, and could not justify 3 BWE. Now if only they had the Claas that would have been very nice (1 BWE + 2 Claas) - never mind.

3 BWE, what are you gonna do with them? I'm getting my three sets now Saturday. If I'm getting a second one of a set, it will be if there is some discount again.

3 BWE, what are you gonna do with them? I'm getting my three sets now Saturday. If I'm getting a second one of a set, it will be if there is some discount again.

Probably BWE racing!

Lego has some weird availability cases and this is one of them. Not that I'm complaining! :laugh:

I just bought this set in my hometown Zagreb, Croatia. It was the only one in the country, and ordered from Hungary on my request. The store is called "Baby center" and Lego is not their main bussiness. None of the other stores will do this. The price was 268 US$ or 244 €. So, like I expirienced before, there is no rule on date, price or place of set availability.

Ok, so... first! :grin: Now, on to building! :excited:

img_20160727_171142.jpg

Oh, I forgot! 5,9 kg!!! That is one heavy Lego box!

Edited by Silvio

Bought mine today for €199,99, will be delivered Saturday.

Unfortunately I made an appointment to move a friend between houses :'(

Edited by Kim72

There is usually a double VIP points month some time in the fall, at least for North America. :wink:

Exactly what I am waiting for !!! Any other spot where you get your sets in Canada, Dr_Spock ? I asked on the general technic discussion tab but didn't get much else than S@h & TRU !

There is usually a double VIP points month some time in the fall, at least for North America. :wink:

I see. :-) I'm from Europe and i have always had the best prices after months (even years) after release. The 2016 sets will certainly be no exception. My time will come. ;-)

I see. :-) I'm from Europe and i have always had the best prices after months (even years) after release. The 2016 sets will certainly be no exception. My time will come. ;-)

Same in PL, if not for Argos 3 for 2, I'd have waited too. Funny thing though, 2H sets are already selling well... for RRP. It might take longer than usual for them to drop around 25% off.