Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

Kinda looks like the bucket wheel is actually being driven by the conveyor, like a huge chain drive. Hmmm, not sure about that (if it's true or if it's a good idea) but I am still quite excited for this set.

Edited by allanp

Kinda looks like the bucket wheel is actually being driven by the conveyor, like a huge chain drive. Hmmm, not sure about that (if it's true or if it's a good idea) but I am still quite excited for this set.

well, if you look at the end of the

there are pictures from the other angle and i can't find an axle on which the yellow ring turns. Instead, i think it is driven by one or more 8 tooth gears which are in touch with the ring. I'm not sure about the conveyor but i think it is driven somewhere at the back of the arm.

edit: added link to video

Edited by roppie11

I still can't figure out the magic inside the B-model... I can only see from the large images that there is a conveyor belt inside the intake pit, and the real filter mechanism is under that belt.

ok someone smarter then me look at the top image and tell how the beams are connected to the conveyor because it looks like it should use 2l black pins, but the TAN!! More unnecessary colors?

the upper structure seems to be connected with the under structure between one new turntable piece (the same of 42042 and 42043) and another is used for make rear conveyor rotating, then it has 2 of them

ok someone smarter then me look at the top image and tell how the beams are connected to the conveyor because it looks like it should use 2l black pins, but the TAN!! More unnecessary colors?

The holes in the track segments are about the same depth as those in half beams, so the pegs you're seeing there are most likely these.

From that enlargement it looks like that top section including buckets is 78 studs long :cry_happy: roll on August 1st.

The holes in the track segments are about the same depth as those in half beams, so the pegs you're seeing there are most likely these.

ahh thank you, just tested that with a track piece and you are correct.

From that enlargement it looks like that top section including buckets is 78 studs long :cry_happy: roll on August 1st.

Should be more, as maximum length is 72 cm.

yeah 44 links per track and 82-85 studs long (from the buckets to back control center), ~33-35 studs wide at base , ~ 49 studs high (mid link belt to top lights). Monster set ... must buy

Edited by Konsta90

Can't wait to buy. I read somewhere that it will be limited available. Anyone who knows if this is true?

Can't wait to buy. I read somewhere that it will be limited available. Anyone who knows if this is true?

Link or it didn't happen

No, of course it isn't.

Edited by Kaanere

I wonder why so many people tend to read that certain models are limited :hmpf_bad:

Technically every set is limited :tongue:

All sets are limited, but some sets are more limited than others :laugh:

Exactly :laugh:

oh no, i wanted to give one to my uncle on Saturn. Now i have to bring it myself. :wacko:

Hehe :laugh:

Okay, let's get back on track. My bad too, I know.