Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

@ JIM: When can we expect the review of the Excavator? 1. July?

I seriously don't know.

I've been racking my brain lately to figure out how the B model filters bricks, but I can't come up with anything. Anybody has any idea?

Isn't the set coming with a few different types of bricks to scoop up? I guess it might have a section with different sized holes or slots where the smaller bricks fall through and the bigger ones pass over and fall through further ahead.

The mine truck doesn't have the engine. Its rail changes from black to yellow, and its front grill changes from grey to dark blue, probably to match the BWE's colors.

And the B model got some drastic redesign.

The prelim B model: https://c2.staticfli...7ffd83ce2_b.jpg

Edited by nguyengiangoc

I also have to say I really like the B-model now. It's almost evil to design a B-model that goes so well woth the A-model. I have to consider bying two.

In the B model, right above the stair leading from the ground there is a connector with a red bush. That's probably the gear shifting knob.

The mine truck doesn't have the engine. Its rail changes from black to yellow, and its front grill changes from grey to dark blue, probably to match the BWE's colors.

And the B model got some drastic redesign.

The prelim B model: https://c2.staticfli...7ffd83ce2_b.jpg

I wouldn't call that drastic...

The more I look these modesl (A and B), the more I feel astonished. They are beautiful, well detailed, bulky and seem really funny to play.

The only thing I think it needs improvements, is the "manual" arm lifting mechanism. I hope there is the space to install a motor.

I wouldn't call that drastic...

The right conveyor belt got a lot more reinforcement, and the outriggers in the prelim model are gone. I'd say that is quite drastic :laugh:

The right conveyor belt got a lot more reinforcement, and the outriggers in the prelim model are gone. I'd say that is quite drastic :laugh:

Also the frame changed a lot.

Gonna need more euros on my bank account, it's going to be an expensive (LEGO) summer

Also the frame changed a lot.

Yeah, I guess you are right, I've never been that great at finding differences though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

42055_box1_v29.jpg

I haven't found the mine truck on package until now :wink:

It's in the background on the hill :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's very small on the package.

It's in the background on the hill :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's very small on the package.

And on the right-side where the PF are too.

I think it is neat the way they added the mining truck to the open pit mine scene on the box. Clever of use of perspective to show an actual smaller scaled model. It works too since giant mining dump trucks would look small in the distance road going down into a very large open pit mine. :classic:

If you look closely to the new Version of the 42035 in 42055, you will see, there is no engine in there.

I would say, there are no small chains in the 42055 :wink:

Nice spotted. Never thinked of that...so if no need to use gears for the rear tire(s), then they could have add another pair of tires. Also after a closer look theres alot of changes that has been made all over the truck.

I can only imagine what this beast will look like when replace the false lights with pf lights, or a different light source, digging bricks at night, then make it full RC so I can clean a path in my Legos to the bathroom.

I really like the look of the B-Model as well. Considering that I was part of a design team at a company that was making something very similar to that.

Might be a better buy than the Porsche.

Considering that I was part of a design team at a company that was making something very similar to that.

If so, do you have any suggestion for how the B model can perform the brick sorting function? I can't figure it out...