Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

With no set number given I wonder if Cehtunger could have meant the 10144 Sandcrawler from 2005.

Just a thought.

No, he meant new sandcrawler :)

Speaking of set boxes, I understand that big boxes might help sell the set better by having a bigger, more visible image of the set. But nevertheless, I keep wondering why some sets have a box which is IMO too big when only 50-75% of the box is full.

It's not a big issue, I just don't really get it.

Also, the part separation in the bags confuse me. I don't get why they don't just gather all the pins and axles by themselves in their own bags, why some of them are mixed with connectors and other things.

All the 2L, 3/4 and half pins as well as the 2L axles could just be gathered together in a single bag, all the 3L blue pins, pins with bushes and 3L axles etc.

Again no issue, just a detail I don't get.

the waiting is excruciating

Be thankful I still waiting for the stuff relesed in December 2015 here Melbourne Aus

I don't think I will see the BWE before December 2016

Edited by Phantom59

Be thankful I still waiting for the stuff relesed in December 2015 here Melbourne Aus

I don't think I will see the BWE before December 2016

i dont wanna hear that LOL

I do, but mostly for parts. Of course I will build it first. But since my goal is to have enough Lego to have them make whitecaps in the living room, this will be a good set for me.

I'm just wondering why people want the BWE so badly. It's the largest Technic set ever... I get it but there are so many more interesting sets out there (unless you have them all) in my opinion. I'm new to AFOL so perhaps therefore my question :laugh:

Well, I think even though some people might not like the set, either way we all agree it's a great parts pack. Also, welcome to Eurobricks!

The white dump truck is just accessories, man, the main set ain't got no tires :laugh:

Dang, imagine how many tires the real machine would need if it had tires, just to bear all that weight.

Speaking of parts, I bet the total number of pins, all types included, will be at least 1500. I don't remember which set it was, but I think the Arocs had close to, if not just above 1000, and the BWE will have like 1200 more parts.

The MK II Mobile Crane from 2013 had 1000 pins at least.

I'm just wondering why people want the BWE so badly. It's the largest Technic set ever... I get it but there are so many more interesting sets out there (unless you have them all) in my opinion. I'm new to AFOL so perhaps therefore my question :laugh:

I see the part count and think - "this is going to be so much fun to build!!"

But being a new AFOL myself too, I will wait for the experts to have a go at the build and provide their feedback before I take the plunge with my money :wink:

I'm at a point where storing bricks is the largest issue. This really drives my purchases now.

With this BWE I will have to limit myself to buying parts of interest only via B&P or BL. It's just too big :)

Thanks for your motives, I start seeing the reason :wink:

Do you think that the BWE will be highly playable? I find sets with manual operations more fun to play with (perhaps because of my 3 years old son). PF are nice but after a while it gets boring. Perhaps remote controls can improve the playability a bit.

Thanks for your motives, I start seeing the reason :wink:

Do you think that the BWE will be highly playable? I find sets with manual operations more fun to play with (perhaps because of my 3 years old son). PF are nice but after a while it gets boring. Perhaps remote controls can improve the playability a bit.

To me using functions manually makes a set playable. Motorizing using PF adds a new dimension to playability. Adding a remote control adds another one. Having functions is key and is what makes a set fun for me... manual/PF/RC are just different ways to have fun :classic:

Another 5 months before its release, its killing me the wait time better build something in the meanwhile

Another 5 months before its release, its killing me the wait time better build something in the meanwhile

Maybe in the meantime you can build your own version of the BWE!!