Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

I think one of the biggest challenges with this set is... lifting the freaking box - how much is this going to weigh? Which by the way, could be a good think, it will likely be to heavy for my kids to lift, unless they team-up.

By taking piece count ratio with the Arocs, this set would be about 6.5Kg. The BWE alone then would be (subtract the truck, the box, and the instructions) around 4.5kg.

By taking piece count ratio with the Arocs, this set would be about 6.5Kg. The BWE alone then would be (subtract the truck, the box, and the instructions) around 4.5kg.

Well, many people don't seem to understand that most parts are track links :wink: .

Well you know, the B-model still has to tell the bricks apart, even if it sorts by size, right? It needs a sort of computer unit or Mindstorms module.

Well you know, the B-model still has to tell the bricks apart, even if it sorts by size, right? It needs a sort of computer unit or Mindstorms module.

Not at all. Take a look at

, it just has to have the appropriate sized holes.

Also B-model look great. Now I really want this set.

If you want to have a TECHNIC construction site you need two sets and all other costruction set. :)

Well, many people don't seem to understand that most parts are track links :wink: .

I don't think "most", this is exaggeration.

If I remember correctly 42042 has 2x48 track links. BWE seems to be quite bigger...

So lats say 2x70 for main tracks and 2x60 for transports?

It will be around 250 together which is quite a lot, but still leaves tons of other parts :)

That's not really colour vomit. Colour vomit is the colouring if pins, gears, axles and so on

I know that, but the colour-scheme of this machine is still colour-vomit ~to me~. Especially when it is not even maintained in the smaller truck.

The "ANSI-standardised and ISO-approved official AFOL-speak colour-vomit" doesn't actually bother me (*). It's Lego Technic, not Model Team. I'm in fact in two minds about the Porsche being 'too good' for Technic, as in: "it's hiding too much of its internal(s)". (**)

(*) Do note I would have preferred if they hadn't gone ahead with it, but OTOH, can you imagine the trillions of customer service calls they be getting for 'a missing pin' if everything were black?

(**) Hence all the speculation on its functions :lol:

Edited by JimDude

Way too old, I'm 41 and I never play with LEGO (See, honey it's true - it's on the internet!)

I don't have 500k bricks that I play with several hours each day and I also do not have a BL shop that makes money to buy more bricks from .. eh BL :)

And we all know that if you don't do any of that, then you have no reason to purchase it. Then you can do something "responsible" with your surplus income like lose it all in the stock market lol.

We all know that will never happen.

Edited by Jub

I'm so excited! :wub_drool:

Living close to the Hambach surface-mining area for brown coal (lignite), my family went on a visit just last year to see this giants of technic.

Here are some photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

And even if this BWE (Bagger 291) is not the template for the LEGO version, I always wanted to have one. In the younger years I wanted one made of Fischertechnik, now TLC made one in LEGO! :cry_happy: Even better!

That's an instant buy for at least one copy.

My 2H 2016 lego Build program:

Buy 42055

Build model A - enjoy the build, improve A model colour cordination and functions.

Strip down and build B model - improve B model

Strip down and use new turntable gear racks to build larger crane.

Add remaining parts to spares boxes.

Buy another 42055 ?

Do we know yet the teeth count of the new turntable?

Post # 128

35 teeth per quadrant = 140

This looks so awesome, but it seems that it'll be costing quite alot, especially with PF stuff included...

Only PF is a XL motor and battery box

Does that say 3927 pieces! Geez, I thought it was only 3000

Yeah, but 1500 to 1800 of those pieces will be divided up between pins, axels (mainly 3l), and track links.

Just MHO, YMMV... Let's wait and see how many real parts.

Andy D

Like other have been saying this model looks like a WIP, but it is an official set. I personally think the B model looks better. Although, I think it is dumb that the B model doesnt use the buckets as a bucket... just like 42043 b model...

This looks so awesome, but it seems that it'll be costing quite alot, especially with PF stuff included...

In the German video a price of 250 EUR is mentioned. This seems more logical to me than the elsewhere mentioned 300 EUR. Also because there is indeed only one motor included in the set. I will wait until Christmas to see if I can get it cheaper during the holiday season. Not sure I will manage to wait that long for the Porsche and the Claas ...

May be about 4000 parts, but most of those are pins, small axles and connectors. With only one BB and XL motor included, final price should be around US $240-250.

I think that this looks awesome. I also heard that it will be the largest LEGO set ever, I personally definitely want it. I even like the color scheme.

I think that this looks awesome. I also heard that it will be the largest LEGO set ever, I personally definitely want it. I even like the color scheme.

Largest Technic set but 5th largest Lego set (Taj Mahal > UCS MF > Ghost Buster's HQ > Tower Bridge > 42055).

May be about 4000 parts, but most of those are pins, small axles and connectors. With only one BB and XL motor included, final price should be around US $240-250.

I am not sure so much speculation should be dedicated towards this set. Yes - lots of pieces. Yes, lots of pins, axles, etc..... BUT ... twice as many track links as we have EVER seen in any set as well. Twice as much as the recent crawler crane. Lots of plastic there. Lots of liftarms..... a whole lot. Lots of plastic there too...... Lots of buckets..... again... plastic. So.... this could be a fairly expensive set. Just the fact there are lots of pins and stuff should not discount the fact that there are lots of other pieces that could yield a big price tag

Seriously. It has EIGHT buckets. Looks like at least a few dozen 5X11 panels, let alone other panel sizes. At least 12 of the new ring gear quarters. There's a lot of big pieces in there, too.