Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

It is already used as turntable in the bottom, it seems. I reckon it has some rollers, considering the size of the upper structure.

I could see that but I meant you could have two rings with rollers between them. Maybe rollers are being used in the BWE also?

Looks like a great part pack and I'm interested to see the functions, but I have to admit I don't really like it so far. But I have to admit it has got some nice things to see.

- At least 5 3x11 DBG panels

- 6 3x11 Dark Blue panels

- Lots of the new curved gear racks, should be interesting

Does anybody know what is the real life archetyp/brand of this model? never seen such a BWE as displayed now by lego...

BTW: yeah, a BWE has no needs to be a beaty but this display-model of lego is simply a color vomit - which is completely unnecessary.......

This bothers me the most, if you google BWE, not a single machine looks like this, the length of the arm simply doesnt allow effective mining unless you drive close to the quarry wall, and drive more then use the arm.

So the parts used as turntable and in the bucket wheel are the same but do I see a version without teeth?

Also I might be wrong but the motor dos not look like an XL to me

23999565843_919884efc2_c.jpgBWE by JJ2Sam, on Flickr

I looked at the photo at decided to post some things I noticed about it.

Red: battery box, probably means the motor is in the superstructure.

Blue: 3 CV joint going to the bottom, probably means 1-2 for tracks, 1 for slewing, and 1 for?

Green: Gearboxes.

Yellow: Manual operated linear actuators.

Also I might be wrong but the motor dos not look like an XL to me

For me it looks some longer, than XL

I'm seeing plenty of yellow axles, which only contributes to the "color vomit" Looks like a MOC. But can't wait to see the functions. Gonna be hard to justify the cost, though.

Blue: 3 CV joint going to the bottom, probably means 1-2 for tracks, 1 for slewing, and 1 for?

1 for tracks, 1 for slweing and one for bottom gearbox maybe :)

There is some kind of structure on the right side that we can't see ¿a ladder and a cabin perhaps?

The second tread to load the truck?!

Not sure about the color choices, but overall I think it is pretty good. Just wanting to see it moving a pile of bricks. :classic:

I don't think you need to be telepathic to foresee a 42055 BWE Mods & Improvements topic appearing soon after this hits the shelves

Edited by grum64

Do we have the price?

With that slewing doing hopefully there will be a resurgence of large mobile and crawler cranes. Seems like there were many large crawler crane mocs in like around 2010, but not as many of late. Not really any I can recall from our most recent crane competition.

so, what i see is this:

- looking on the box behind it, it has one XL-motor

- That means you need a gearbox, and i see 3 levers, so six functions

- there are new yellow gearracks used as a turntable, in the bucketwheel and i see a half behind the grey 'tower'

- on the back, there are lots of yellow axles and connector #1's used for a railing. this is maybe the reason they used yellow axles this year.

- are there pieces included for digging? the box shows some pieces.

- on the back, there is another arm with a track on it. that wasnt visible on the first picture.

- wow, a very very big WOW, it has 3927 pieces, that is huuuge.

- as already said: the big LA's to lift/lower the big boom are operated manually.

- on the box it looks way more beautyful than on the first picture.

this is what i saw and what i think about it.

edit: the dump truck consists of 362 parts, 3927-362=3565 parts. there are some used for digging(the dump truck is filled) so i would say the BWE itself contains 3500 parts. pretty big :grin:

Edited by roppie11

The half turntable ring will be for slewing the discharge conveyor.

Anyone worked out the diameter of the new turntable parts ?

No, it's actually touching 4000 parts.

As for the model itself, the aesthetics aren't much to write home about (must have been the gray vertical beams), yes, but hot peppers that is one beast. What a beast.

This is one set that would be impressive to see at work.

First device designed to scratch backs I would actually want to have :laugh:

Pretty awesome, it looks a bit like a MOC, indeed, but, man, nearly 4K parts? It's a mean business.