Dufresne

Database of Actor Minifigs

About a year ago I decided, on a whim, to keep track of which actors, stuntment, celebrities, etc. have had minifigs created of their likeness. I created a spreadsheet in Google Sheets, and have been adding to it whenever new licensed sets have been released. I figure that people here would maybe be interested in the list, so I'm posting it here for everyone to see!

Click here to go to the spreadsheet.

Some celebrities' minifigs are of real-life individuals, (most notably the NBA minfigs,) but for all minifigs of film or television characters, I have the following criteria:

1. Only different characters are counted. There may be umptillion different Harry Potter minifigs, but they all only count as one character for Daniel Radcliffe.
  2. The actor must physically appear onscreen. No voice actors. So Mark Hamill doesn't get the Joker.
  3. The actor can be obscured by a costume, as long as, again, they actually appear onscreen wearing it. Hence Warwick Davis being king of this list. (This rule made things tricky, since I had to actually track down, e.g., the guy who actually wore the Admiral Ackbar suit onscreen.)
  4. What I'm now referring to as the "Puppet Corollary:" as puppets are basically costumes for one's limb, Frank Oz makes the list.
  5. The minifig must be based on the specific version of the character that the actor plays. (e.g. Stephen Amell is not on the list, as while there are several Green Arrow minifigs, none are based on his actual appearance on Arrow. However, since the Comic-Con minifig of Arsenal is based on the show character, Colton Haynes makes the list.)
  6. In some cases, if a minifig is given a generic name but clearly based on a specific character, I included the actor on the list. (e.g. One of the First Order troopers in Battle on Takodana is clearly meant to be FN-2199, so the stuntman that played him makes the list.)
  7. If a stuntman is onscreen as a double of the actor playing the role, they're not included. Only the primary portrayer is included, since it's their likeness that the minifig is modeled on.

Edited by Dufresne

Galadriel is from HOBBIT not lotr.

Red skull is not based on hugo weaving.

Thanks for the feedback. I've made a few changes to update the list. Don't know how I made that mistake with Doc Ock; glad you caught it.

Also I doubt, that Sinestro is based on Mark Strongs character from movie. That set have no reference to the movie. Same with Ryan Reynolds and Green Lantern.

Fair enough on Mark Strong. I think I'd added him before I made that rule for myself and missed removing him. (Same with Hugo Weaving, actually.) However, you'll note that Ryan Reynolds' entry specifically says it's the Comic-Con exclusive GL figure, which is definitely based on the movie version.

Edited by Dufresne

You could add Michael Cera as George Michael of Arrested Development from the dc gorilla grodd set?

[*]The actor must physically appear onscreen. No voice actors. Sorry, Ahmed Best fans.

[*]The actor can be obscured by a costume, as long as, again, they actually appear onscreen wearing it.

Given the second rule here, Ahmed Best should be on the list, since there are actually a few shots sprinkled here and there throughout Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace in which a part of Jar Jar Binks appears - a closeup of a hand here, a waist-down shot there, etc. - in which what we see actually is Best in the costume he wore on the set, not the CGI figure.

Given the second rule here, Ahmed Best should be on the list, since there are actually a few shots sprinkled here and there throughout Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace in which a part of Jar Jar Binks appears - a closeup of a hand here, a waist-down shot there, etc. - in which what we see actually is Best in the costume he wore on the set, not the CGI figure.

I agree, he spent too many hours in that awful costume to not get on the list.

Also, there are a lot of stunt performers missing, including Vic Armstrong, Bob Anderson, etc.

And where are Frank Oz and Kathryn Mullen?

Well done, except for one inexcusable inaccuracy.....

where's Chris Pratt?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry_sad:

Really though, thank you for your work! By the way, Chris Pratt was Owen Grady in Jurassic World and Peter Quill/Star Lord in (Marvel Super Heroes) Guardians of the Galaxy. He was the main character of the Lego Movie, but he was a voice actor.

Speaking of the Lego Movie, though he was mainly voice, you could put Will Ferrell down, as he did appear on screen live in the family basement setup.

Well done, except for one inexcusable inaccuracy.....

where's Chris Pratt?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry_sad:

Really though, thank you for your work! By the way, Chris Pratt was Owen Grady in Jurassic World and Peter Quill/Star Lord in (Marvel Super Heroes) Guardians of the Galaxy. He was the main character of the Lego Movie, but he was a voice actor.

He's on the list. Have another look! :)

Speaking of the Lego Movie, though he was mainly voice, you could put Will Ferrell down, as he did appear on screen live in the family basement setup.

Right, but that character ("the Man Upstairs") doesn't have a minifigure. The guideline is actors who physically perform onscreen as characters who are represented by official LEGO minifigures, not of actors who physically portray onscreen characters in movies where they also have voice-only roles as other characters who are represented by official LEGO minifigures.

If it were my list, I'd include voice roles, but hey... Dufresne's list, Dufresne's criteria. Perhaps I'll do my own. In the meantime, Will Ferrel's The LEGO Movie characters are, by the stated parameters of the list, properly accounted for (i.e., not at all).

I was not actually aware of that! I knew he actually wore the costume on set, but I thought Jar Jar was all CG all the time. I'll put him on the list.

You could add Michael Cera as George Michael of Arrested Development from the dc gorilla grodd set?

Hmm... I totally see that the guy is inspired to look like him, but not sure if he's actually supposed to BE George Michael. I mean, the minifig has brown hair. What do other people think?

Also, there are a lot of stunt performers missing, including Vic Armstrong, Bob Anderson, etc.

And where are Frank Oz and Kathryn Mullen?

I guess there was another criteria I was using about stuntmen, in that I'm not counting them if they're acting as a double for an existing actor. Vic Armstrong, in his shots in Indiana Jones, is essentially meant to be Harrison Ford. The stuntmen I included are guys who aren't acting as doubles, but as a character of their own. (Like Lurtz or FN-2199.)

As for puppets, I wasn't counting them either, but I guess you could say they're basically a costume for someone's hand. I suppose Frank Oz technically would have his hand onscreen, just inside a bunch of foam rubber.

If it were my list, I'd include voice roles, but hey... Dufresne's list, Dufresne's criteria. Perhaps I'll do my own. In the meantime, Will Ferrel's The LEGO Movie characters are, by the stated parameters of the list, properly accounted for (i.e., not at all).

I've been thinking about adding a second tab just for voice actors, but that's a lot more work. You're welcome to do it! John Ratzenberger would be a lot higher up on the list. Also, voice acting does start getting into some additional judgement calls where you have to determine what counts as minifig representation. Do Rex and Hamm count? What about the brick-built cars characters? What about Groot? I'm really glad Scott Lang and Hank Pym have shown up as normal minifigs, or the the Giant Man "minifig" in the new Marvel airport set would have been a headache.

Really, I started this because I really wanted to see who had minifigs in their likeness. The thing was, guys like Warwick Davis and all the guys who play orcs in Lord of the Rings started causing me all kinds of trouble because you get characters who are in heavy makeup, and then where do you draw the line between heavy makeup and full costume, and so I settled on if they are actually, physically onscreen, they count.

Edited by Dufresne

Under your rules, Warwick Davis shouldn't get the point for Griphook. That figure represents Verne Troyer in makeup, being voiced by Warwick Davis. Warwick later played Griphook, but the figure is specifically the Verne Troyer version.

I know there is a topic already in existence on this very thing. Your spreadsheet is very cool, but for the sake of not being redundant I would like to keep this discussion together so that people can see what has already been said in the past. It will take a little digging, though.

I know there is a topic already in existence on this very thing. Your spreadsheet is very cool, but for the sake of not being redundant I would like to keep this discussion together so that people can see what has already been said in the past. It will take a little digging, though.

This one?

Warwick Davis should get Yoda though, as he played him in a number of scenes.

Warwick Davis should get Yoda though, as he played him in a number of scenes.

Only in Episode I, and I don't believe there was ever an Episode I Yoda.

nice list! one small correction, Ernie Hudson is Winston Zeddemore, not Ernie Banks. :)