Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB3+] A small residence and the life of a sailor’s wife

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif

If you like this build and are not from Eslandola, please note your approval or give it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Here is the small home of Jacob Hendriksen in Bardo on the island of An Toli.

front.jpg

While Jacob is at sea much of the time as a member of the crew of the Lady of Madrice (a fine sloop in the service of the MCTC, skippered by Philip Janszen), his wife, Maritje, keeps a tidy little home. She has a goat and chickens in the side yard for fresh milk and eggs.

side-back.jpgfront-side.jpg

Furnishings are sparse, with a table and chairs downstairs and a bed, dresser, and stool upstairs.

open_full.jpg

The bed is covered by one of Maritje’s handmade quilts.

upstairs2.jpg

A large fireplace downstairs can be used for cooking.

downstairs2.jpg

All in all, it is a simple home, but enough for a quiet, comfortable life while awaiting Jacob’s return.

I like it. The house looks simple and plain much like one would expect from someone who isn't in the wealthier classes.

+1 from Corrington

I love that quilt and you did a great job with the logs by the fire! I think the grass is a little plain. It could benefit from some flowers or texture. But I still approve! thumbup.gif

Very nice house Cap'in Wolf, the exterior is quite nice, the tan goes well with the white, and the chimney and roof are excellent as well. Good job including a polished interior too, and the goat and chicken with their fence are some nice details outside thumbup.gif (I'm supposing that the goat ate all the texture on the lawn outside, eh? pirate_wink.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif)

Very nice build, that roof technique seems to be making the rounds - I'm gonna have to try it out! (Though mine will probably have an underdose of dk red as I have only one or two of those!) The interior is really good too! thumbup.gif

This has a nice classic feel to it. The white and tan look good together and the lovely roof looks pretty realistic in those colors. The interior is beautiful - simple, yes, but everything is smooth and tidy. The colorful quilt is neat and the furniture is nice. It looks pretty cozy, which would be important for a sailor's wife. And of course the animals are a good feature although a few plants of some type would be nice. Good work.

Edit: I approve!

Edited by Captain Dee

That roof is really cool, and you got some nice interiors! Only point of critique May be the garden, wich is a bit flat...

Thanks to all for the comments and feedback. As for the grass, I don't know what detail I could have added that the goat wouldn't have eaten! pir_laugh2.gif

Yeap, a nice rural cottage home. Lovely furniture too (i might steal some pir_laugh2.gif ) . Grass is indeed eaten by goat and that would be the real life picture, but you can always dream on with LEGO bricks and fantasize that goat would behave and leave your LEGO magnolias intact pirate_laugh2.gif

+ 1 from Oleon

This little house strikes the perfect balance between simple realism and interesting details. The roof is great, and the combination of white and tan works very well. Your choice of windows and doors is great. I like the integrated chimney, and the interior is just great. The fireplace is my favourite detail, and I am sooo jealous on that goat! pirate_wink.gif

Edit: I approve

Edited by Bregir

Very nice interior and exterior details! :thumbup: I gotta go bricklink some goats now.....pirate_laugh2.gif