Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

The Ten Wheeler Project

I hope posting this here does not violate any forum rules.

I would like to introduce the Ten Wheeler Project:

24587112786_0fe7e9948e.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/129767

All Aboard! Come along with Katie as she visits the mighty Ten Wheeler steam engine with her Dad. Engineer A.J. is waiting to give them a full tour of the iron horse, a fine example of steam engines from the end of the 19th century in the United States. Katie is excited to show off her own LEGO model of the Ten Wheeler to Engineer A.J., and her father is there to capture the whole day on film.

The Ten Wheeler is highly detailed, featuring working pistons, interior cab details, whistle, and handholds. For kids and kids at heart, the model can be pushed or powered by LEGO Power Functions elements, and is fully capable of navigating LEGO curves and switches. The Motor, Battery Box, and IR Receiver can all be mounted completely inside the tender.

For those looking for a display model, you would be hard pressed to find a more fitting mantelpiece.

For those looking for a challenge, this build features advanced, legal construction techniques providing an excellent building experience.

This is a cosmetically modified version of a model I regularly feature at public LEGO Train Club displays and conventions, and has proven itself as a reliable performer. She can navigate through tighter turns and spaces that many of my other LEGO Train Models simply cannot go.

Thank you for your consideration.

--Tony

Edited by SavaTheAggie

"Who do you think will buy this project?

Children, Teenagers, Adults, Men, or Women?"

Um, RAILFANS!

Good luck, we need all the train love on Ideas that we can get.

I like it, hope it does better than the majority of train Ideas.

A modular train station recently made it..... i think its the first train related thing to get past the 10k votes

Cool MOC :wink:

LEGO Ideas: If you have a great MOC, that is also a LEGO Ideas project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the Ideas entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the Ideas business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on LEGO Ideas', rather than: 'I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!.

Good luck.

Great locomotive! Nice details on the boiler!

Thanks all. It's going to be a long road, but it looks like we're off to a good start.

Nice design! How many parts does the train have?

I didn't want to reply and not answer your question, I'll be able to tell you when I get home and can access the LDraw file in my archive.

Seeing as how this is Mr. Sava, aka a member of the Train Diety Pantheon, it should get a lot of support.

I think you overestimate whatever weight my name carries. The only way this is going to get all the way to 10,000 is to get support from outside the LEGO community. This needs to be shared on Reddit, LEGO blogs frequented by non LEGO fans (Brothers Brick, etc), and on Railfan and/or Traditional Model Railroading forums/groups. Anywhere there might be train fans who aren't necessarily LEGO fans.

It won't be as effective as online forums and websites, but I also plan to create a flyer for train shows with a QR Code. It won't generate too much traffic, but every little bit helps.

--Tony

Excellent work! Nice idea weaving the story line in too. While I am sure the colors are prototypical, if it ever does get Lego's attention please push for a rare color (need touches like that to help sales to those who will part it out).

Nice design! How many parts does the train have?

I'm sorry, I meant to answer you earlier. As built here she's about 900 parts. But this could be cut down a bit by using double cheese slopes instead of single cheese, and consolidating parts in the roof.

Excellent work! Nice idea weaving the story line in too. While I am sure the colors are prototypical, if it ever does get Lego's attention please push for a rare color (need touches like that to help sales to those who will part it out).

Thanks! That's a good idea. I like it.

--Tony

I've had the pleasure of seeing this model in person a few times and can say it is a wonderful locomotive. Nicely detailed and runs great. In my opinion this would make an excellent set. I encourage every one to support this project.

Cale

This is a really lovely small steam engine, supported it. If this gets to actual production it will probably the first I will buy in a couple years :thumbup:

Well for what its worth I added my support to the Ideas site. I think this is one of the best steam engines ever done in Lego form so I hope gets enough support.