Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

[Frozen Beyond, Cat C 2] Burning the Tar Pits

Since oil has proven to be an effective weapon against the Algus, the Council of Barqa has decided to set fire to a number of tar pits despite the economic implications. The black oily smoke has proven to be effective in deterring the Algus and reverse the effects of their weather manipulation, of which one effects are that it has been snowing in Kaliphlin. Together with the other measures used throughout Historica to fight the Algus, the hopes and prayers of the people of Kaliphlin is that these frosty invaders will retreat to their frozen hell in the north once again.

I would like to claim the following UoP credit for this build:

• Forced perspective [General Building (Other Techniques)]

23984130073_cef5b919bb_c.jpg

Photo spoilers:

The lighting of the fires was accomplished by using a blacklight and a long exposure time, as you can see in the photo below. Since using only the blacklight makes all the other colors strange, I also mixed it with a bit of flash illuminating the other parts. The hard part was to find a suitable mix between enough blacklight to light the fires and enough flash to not make all the other bricks too purple or blue.

24528658591_d75267e0e3_c.jpg

Simple but effective build. The blacklight effect is absolutely brilliant! I did have a moment of panic, before reading the photo spoilers, that a new grass color had come out that I would have to scramble to buy. :laugh:

UoP +1

That's... Just awesome. If I was Kaliphlin, you would immediatly graduate from the University.

Great lighting! Also ingenious idea with the tar pits! :thumbup:

+1 for the UoP credit!

Nice job here, I really like the way you did the lighting for that effect. I would have never thought of that!