Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

[Frozen Beyond, Cat C 1] Snow in Kaliphlin

With bands of Algus roaming Kaliphlin, there have been an increasing number of reports of strange weather. From some of the caravan routes, reports have even spoken of fairly deep snow! Many animals are perishing due to the hard conditions, so the Kaliphlin vultures are thriving.

I would like to claim the following UoP credits for this build:

• Brickbuilt animal #2 [Agriculture and Zoology]
  • Brickbuilt animal #3 [Agriculture and Zoology]

23982383164_a7690ed63b_c.jpg

24314989740_839be6d802_c.jpg

To be continued...

...with the burning of the tar pits to repel the Algus.

Unedited image, if needed for the judging:

23983471643_5a39c3866b_c.jpg

Edited by Gideon

Awesome job! I love the vultures, but I've got one question, what exactly are UoP credits? People mention them but I've never seen them explained.. Could someone clarify?

Awesome job! I love the vultures, but I've got one question, what exactly are UoP credits? People mention them but I've never seen them explained.. Could someone clarify?

Thanks!

UoP is the University of Petraea: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=88352

If I'd been Kaliphlin, I would defenitely have approved this! Those vultures man... :thumbup: Just lovely!

If I'd been Kaliphlin, I would defenitely have approved this! Those vultures man... :thumbup: Just lovely!

Those vultures! *huh* It would be an honor to be eaten by them.

Thanks!

The vultures are not originally my design, they are inspired by designs from Robban in Swebrick for our post-apocalyptic collab there.

Awesome build Gideon, those vultures are excellent, and I really like your camel packs as well! :wub: Plus the tree and landscape are superb too - and I must say I'm quite surprised that the other guilds aren't simply delighted that they get to taste some of our fantastic weather! :laugh::wink:

Great build! The snow is very nice and I love the vultures.

+1 for the UoP claims :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

For some reason the camels look so tiny in this scene! :laugh: Very nice work though, the snow looks great and the vultures add a lot to it! +1 for the UoP credits!

Excellent snowy Kaliphlin landscape, and that felt really weird to type :laugh: The tree provides a nice focal point, and those vultures are excellent :thumbup:

My only tiny suggestion, would be to add some reins on the mounted camel :classic:

So you got a little snow in Kaliphlin - are you going to just park your camels on the side of the road and walk home? (That's what sometimes happens here in the southern U.S., but not with camels).

Nice snow, and vultures!

Great job Gideon! Those vultures are fantastic...and 4 camels? Those are expensive, I have none and want to order some, but they are like $10 a piece on Bricklink!