OoC: This is my 6th freebuild. If you are not a Sea Rat, please say you approve or give me a thumbup.gif , thank you!

Previously:

Recruiting at Marco's

This Is Not the Wealthy Housing of Rassilon

Falling Out with Foxx

Cantu's Fort in Rassilon

This is a Class 2 A "Armored Sloop"

24496110312_9cf3635946_c.jpg

Captain Fang studied his maps carefully as The Viper and its crew set sail from Rassilon. He knew this voyage would be very important as it was their first voyage without the status of Olean Privateer in many years. He didn't know how well the crew was adjusting to the change and feared a mutiny. It didn't help that his son, Li, was vying with him for authority on the ship. He knew that unless their prize was as large or larger than the sum they normally received from Lord Foxx, his days as a captain would be very short indeed.

23976309914_8682bfb3ae_c.jpg

Knowing this, he had ordered extra kegs of powder and more cannon balls to be purchased and loaded on board. They would be ready for a fight if their prize didn't surrender easily.

24308921410_b0a1806d60_c.jpg

24308915760_c2582b26ea.jpg

Armed with 4 cannons, The Viper had a nasty bite.

24236748699_381190c755_c.jpg

23976385434_8098b6183d_c.jpg

24578348066_22d6e15dc2_c.jpg

23977684883_9049ce61a5_c.jpg

I like it. Although it is bulky, it doesnt feel odd, apart from the bow that i would expected it to be more angular, protruding a bit forward, since this is a ship and not a boat and the variety in sails/masts that strikes me as odd. But this is just me. Apart from that, a solid ship with absolutely LOVELY canons.

+ 1

Great execution on the ship, looks really fine!

Presentation-wise I think some more crew would not have hurt, and maybe some "bricky" water around the ship (like some light blue transparent 1x1 round flats) could have added a nice touch. Aside from that really nothing to criticize. I really like the wooden style, it's quite astonishing how well the three different sails harmonize, and the hand-built cannons show some love for details and are very well executed.

Definitely :thumbup:

This is a unique vessel. The rigging gives it an Eastern flair and that hull looks incredibly strong. It seems older overall and I like the basic look. But I think it would benefit from a big increase in sail area - as it is the sails look out of proportion to the hull.

That's my favorite custom cannon barrel design and I use it as well to preserve the roundness of the barrel (because square-edged bricks just don't look right). The carriage is really good too - I just wish it was another color so the details would show a little better.

Overall this is a good vessel.

I approve.

Very nice ship! Looks quite sturdy! Would have been nice if the sails had been more cohesive, but that can't be helped! thumbup.gif

I love the upward and backward sweep of the stern. It gives the ship some nice character. I love the cannon construction as well. It looks plentifully armed to capture whoever they run across. Hopefully, you don't come upon my "Flying Colt"!

+1 thumbup.gif from Corrington

Edited by SilentWolf

Nice Armed Junk!!!

Such a great job on the stern! Also amazing cannons!

Indexed!

Approved

24369947911_0c08325477_t.jpg Such a beautiful ship. I'd totally make love to it. I approve!

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg You can't approve, genitals-for-brains! We're the same faction!

Nice details with the keg, cannon balls, maps and such. Thank you for the picture of the cannon. And you got to use some windows. When I finally got some windows for my 1920 style city, BoBs came and altered my plan. Now I don't find a place for them anywhere, without them looking too modern. :thumbup:

Really nice to see a different kind of ship here! I really like this junk, and it really fits the characters well. The stumpy bow and the overhanging stern looks really nice and fits the ship type really well. Further, the placement of the masts is very unique for Junks, especially with the aft-most mast. I think the sail work pretty well too, although those three different sails will make it a very easy vessel to spot, should Fang ever find a bounty on his head! pirate_laugh2.gif

I really like the integrated cabin and the internal details, but I would definitely claim this to be a 8 gun vessel (even though in RL you may have only 4), as it seems to have two broadsides of each 4 guns. pirate_wink.gif

As always, the story is really cool, and I like the inbuilt tension between the captain and his son!

I approve!

I'm glad you all like it so much! I'm not thrilled with how the sails turned out and have plans to improve them for a future version of the ship. The boat ended up being a lot bigger than planned but I didn't have the sails to really make them any bigger! I wish I had 3 more sets of the original Destiny's Bounty sails. As for the size, I do plan on upgrading this ship to a larger class once I have the DBs. It's just a Class 2 for now since that's free!