Sign in to follow this  
Lorentzen

Video review - Rock Island Refuge - 6273

Hi everybody

It's been ages since I last posted something on here - although I keep coming back here to read various topics.

A few years ago I wrote a handful of Pirate set reviews, and posted them here on this forum.

I have decided to try my hands on short video reviews of the same sets... I know that there are already many video reviews of pirate sets, but who are we to complain about even more of them :pir-classic:

The first one I have done into a video review is Rock Island Refuge - set no. 6273

Unfortunately, the pictures are of bad quality, but the next videos I plan to make should be with better pictures.

If you want to, you can take a look at the short review right here:

The music is royalty free - the composer: Ross Bugden - thanks to him for making free music for us to use in videos.

Enjoy - and I hope to get some feedback, so that I can make even better reviews in the future

Blackbeard's Brick Reviews

That is one of the best pirate sets ever, period.

As for the review, the idea itself is very nice, but maybe you should consider adding some spoken commentary next time? That would make the review much more appealing to the general audience.

Yeah, I know... commentaries... I'm still debating whether or not I want to do that - I have seen many great videos with good commentaries, but most of them are made by native english/american speakers. I'm Danish, so I suspect my accent would be a turn off to some pir_laugh2.gif

I added this review to the Set Review Index and took the liberty of making the Youtube video playable right on the browser instead of just a link.

Thanks - I couldn't figure out how to embed the video, so it's great that you helped out.

I will definitely try to figure out how to embed videos the next time I post a review here.

I added this review to the Set Review Index and took the liberty of making the Youtube video playable right on the browser instead of just a link.

How do you do that? I've been trying the whole media /media

thing and it NEVER works for me.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

How do you do that? I've been trying the whole media /media

thing and it NEVER works for me.

I don't use a code. I just paste the URL from YouTube, and delete the S in 'HTTPS'. :pir-wink: