TheNerdyOne_

[MOC] TheNerdyOne's Fleet

TheNerdyOne_ I admire your work, I tried to make a quasar fire class carrier. But yours is a thousand times more accurate.

I've pretty much given up on building the hammerhead, since I won't use glue. I ended up changing the colors to lt bley/ blue / yellow + white (all due to part availability), though I cannot get the thing to stay together to save my life. Put one piece on and a section falls off. It sure looks nice in digital form.

Ah, I was hoping there were updated pictures -- can't wait to see the fleet built.

TheNerdyOne_ I admire your work, I tried to make a quasar fire class carrier. But yours is a thousand times more accurate.

Make yours anyway! I'd love to see it, even if it's not too accurate you'll only improve through practice.

What is the Height/High of Phoenix Home in Centimeters? :classic: Of TheNerdyOne design, obviously

It's 70cm long, and 24cm tall.

Ah, I was hoping there were updated pictures -- can't wait to see the fleet built.

Soon! I haven't worked too much on the Quasar Fire just because LDD crashes are frustrating and I haven't had the motivation to work past them, but with the new Rebels stuff I'm getting that motivation back.

I've pretty much given up on building the hammerhead, since I won't use glue. I ended up changing the colors to lt bley/ blue / yellow + white (all due to part availability), though I cannot get the thing to stay together to save my life. Put one piece on and a section falls off. It sure looks nice in digital form.

Yeah, the Hammerhead really isn't designed for physical construction, it's extremely flimsy, sorry! Glue would probably be the only way to get it to stay together.

I do have some small updates. Nothing major, just the not-Outrider from the Rebels S3 trailer, and a Starviper-class fighter because I've always loved the design (here's hoping it appears in Rebels!)

28364646881_9979d27dbc_z.jpg28364621261_a3ef3dd426_z.jpg

Nearly finished without any kind of adhesive:

http://www.bricklink...06&viewFrom=A

http://www.bricklink...1705&viewFrom=A

(I don't know how to post pictures here)

Wow, I'm impressed! I like the color scheme you've chosen. That actually looks really nice, you might have just convinced me to try building it as well. Really impressive that you did all of that without any sort of adhesive, I honestly wasn't even sure if that was possible.

Wow, I'm impressed! I like the color scheme you've chosen. That actually looks really nice, you might have just convinced me to try building it as well. Really impressive that you did all of that without any sort of adhesive, I honestly wasn't even sure if that was possible.

The main issues were structural and keeping the midsection well connected. This is a tricky issue since the model is relatively small (17 inches), so there's not much room to work with.

There's one faulty connection in LDD (besides the digital glue holding the model together). You cannot put a 4x4x2 Cone next to a Slope inverted 2x2 in the way you wanted for the rear engines.

The main issues were structural and keeping the midsection well connected. This is a tricky issue since the model is relatively small (17 inches), so there's not much room to work with.

There's one faulty connection in LDD (besides the digital glue holding the model together). You cannot put a 4x4x2 Cone next to a Slope inverted 2x2 in the way you wanted for the rear engines.

I forgot to add that Dark Red and Dark Bluish Gray are not possible combinations at this time. I found out the hard way after buying what I could in those colors.

So, TheNerdyOne how would you go about building a to scale model of the arquitens-class light cruiser from rebels that is accurate to all of your other MOCS?

Sorry, no updates on the Quasar Fire. unfortunately for whatever reason my computer just can't handle it.  Once I have access to a better computer I will finish it, because I really want to.

However, I do have some new ships!

The Rebel Alliance Dornean Gunship from RotJ and Rogue One

30781822474_a806115824_b.jpg

And the CR-20 Troop Carrier from the Clone Wars 2D cartoon

31408063676_b3e56755e3_c.jpg

Very nice renderings of some really complex shapes in a small scale. Well done, they look superb 

I love these mini/midi versions... is there a chance parts list or break down?

I would love to see the ghost... I think i have an idea...

and your corvettes are very cool!

On 7/8/2017 at 10:20 PM, wmxproductions said:

Any updates on the Quasar?

Unfortunately the Quasar is too large for my computer to handle, that will have to wait until I upgrade.

Took your Hammerhead and turned it into the Lightbringer(AKA the Hammerhead Corvette that took down the Star Destroyer) from Rogue One.

Lightbringer

LXF

Hammerhead Corvette.jpg

Edited by zekk1331