TheNerdyOne_

[MOC] TheNerdyOne's Fleet

Thanks everyone!

Here's a WIP shot of the Quasar Fire-class Cruiser-Carrier, as well as a size comparison to Phoenix Home.

25343395184_cbf4dfe2e2_b.jpg

25881141391_47cf7de6d3_b.jpg

Hopefully I can finish it before season 2 ends.

Woah! I loved the Quasar since The Truce at Bakura an seeing it in brick form is excellence!

Gotta love this show bringing back EU ships. This looks excellent so far, and the size is very impressive seeing it next to Phoenix Home and the mini fighters.

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone, it means a lot. Another update, this time of the bridge:

26076750315_2b241205cc_c.jpg

25984223192_d5bfe7e251_c.jpg26050823316_0171511d41_c.jpg

Unfortunately I can't provide an overall progress picture right now. LDD starts crashing upon save/importing for me at around 1,500 pieces or so. I've split this model up into modules, which will allow me to continue building, but because it crashes when I try to import I'll have to wait until the end to assemble it all (either by doing so in something like Ldraw or on a more powerful computer). If anyone has any ideas on getting around this, being able to see it all assembled would be very helpful during the building process.

And if anyone has any criticism of the bridge, I would be very happy to hear it. Not sure how happy I am with it (I think the outside is good, it looks better when it's actually attached too, but I'm not sure about the interior).

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

I'm just stoked that it has a bridge that can fit multiple figs.

Wow.. this thing is gonna be HUGE! The bridge is coming along swimmingly- that's a pretty extreme juxtaposition of scales! :laugh:

I didn't realize the true scope of this ship until seeing the interior of the bridge, good lord! Very impressive!

Thanks so much everyone! The Quasar Fire will probably take a little longer than expected, I think I made it way too long, and making changes like that is really frustrating when the model has to be split up between different files like it is, and importing anything causes crashing.

But I do have an update on my old Phoenix Home model, I'm still waiting on an order or two but the physical version is nearing completion!

26128662292_cfe256190a_c.jpg

Looks like you need a longer shelf! Great work on the bridge though, it's gonna need a heck of a shelf!

Looks like you need a longer shelf! Great work on the bridge though, it's gonna need a heck of a shelf!

Haha, yeah it's a bit bigger than I expected. This is actually my largest shelf, so it looks like I'll just have to modify my supports so that it fits. And also be very careful not to knock it over.

I didn't realise you were building them in real bricks too

I am blown away! :cry_happy:

Thanks! Just this one is getting a physical version right now, it was pretty expensive (doesn't help that I think I ordered a bunch of extra parts on accident). But I might do one of the CR90s relatively soon though, maybe the Liberator.

Well, I know what my next Large BL build is going to be... This looks amazing and the Bridge in the right scale is very impressive.

I know LDD caps at 1500 parts, so I think you were correct you are doing to need to use LDRAW or some other tool. Either way, I can't wait to see this one done. It is epic!

Thank you for your great work.

I'm really liking your Hammerhead and Sundered Heart, I may have to look into building them.

Thanks for the LDD files.

Jamie

These are all glorious; I remember when I was a little kid I tried building a Corellian corvette at around that scale and I messed it up pretty badly. That Quasar-class cruiser is quite ambitious; I can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks so much everyone! The Quasar Fire will probably take a little longer than expected, I think I made it way too long, and making changes like that is really frustrating when the model has to be split up between different files like it is, and importing anything causes crashing.

But I do have an update on my old Phoenix Home model, I'm still waiting on an order or two but the physical version is nearing completion!

26128662292_cfe256190a_c.jpg

Hey, do you have any updated pictures showing this build? Maybe you posted them somewhere and I just missed it. It'd be interesting to compare your finished version with the new set.

At this point, I'm thinking about building your version, but maybe I could incorporate some pieces or features from the set.

Edited by Raskolnikov

Yours is much better then Lego's. Still if they wanted to even match yours they would've had to make it UCS. If you don't mind me asking, and if its not too rude to ask, how much did your Phoenix Home cost?

Hey, do you have any updated pictures showing this build? Maybe you posted them somewhere and I just missed it. It'd be interesting to compare your finished version with the new set.

At this point, I'm thinking about building your version, but maybe I could incorporate some pieces or features from the set.

Unfortunately one of my orders never showed up, so it still looks like it does in this picture. I also ran into a few construction issues that I'd like to fix. I have a lot of free time in the next month though, so I'm planning on getting it finished soon. I'll be sure to update this thread when I do!

Yours is much better then Lego's. Still if they wanted to even match yours they would've had to make it UCS. If you don't mind me asking, and if its not too rude to ask, how much did your Phoenix Home cost?

Not at all! In the end, including paint for some parts and shipping, it was about $600. I'm very sure it could be done for cheaper though. I used a lot of large plates that made the whole build more expensive than it had to be, and I chose to order all the parts rather than use my own collection. Either way, it's definitely not a small investment. It is pretty big though, so I think it was worth it (then again I also just adore the ship in the show, so that plays a role too).

Unfortunately one of my orders never showed up, so it still looks like it does in this picture. I also ran into a few construction issues that I'd like to fix. I have a lot of free time in the next month though, so I'm planning on getting it finished soon. I'll be sure to update this thread when I do!

Not at all! In the end, including paint for some parts and shipping, it was about $600. I'm very sure it could be done for cheaper though. I used a lot of large plates that made the whole build more expensive than it had to be, and I chose to order all the parts rather than use my own collection. Either way, it's definitely not a small investment. It is pretty big though, so I think it was worth it (then again I also just adore the ship in the show, so that plays a role too).

You contacted brick link about the orders?

You contacted brick link about the orders?

I haven't yet, I'm going to here shortly. I'm only missing one, so it kinda slipped my mind for a while.