Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[O - E01] Octan is at War

Tags: Spaceship, Land vehicle, Exploration, Spying, Military

In a sparsely populated corner of Octan space, Octan Pilot John Hannibal has just exited his landing pod, rocketed from the fleets position on H03 days ago. Before he made orbit, he already knew that his homesteading plans were ruined by the sudden turmoil in the galaxy.

24501500036_886f510a78_c.jpg

"Dora. My transmission cutout when I hit atmosphere. What's the status on our 01-03 and 09-11 fronts?"

"I'm sorry to report that negotiations have failed with M.A.N.T.I.S. and Kawashita have also chosen to dishonor their treaties. C.E.O. Pombe has sent out a

message to the troops and hopes to recruit more commanders to the fight. Our ranks are swelling and a Commander O'Reilly has just wrapped up a very successful bombing run on D02. What are your orders?"

"Send the Mercy Brandy to the WickNole Peaks just east of here with the sky hook ready. Then get me Commander Hombre. His mission will have to wait. Octan is at war,"

24527677495_3f0dcb483b_c.jpg

"Don't forget to lock the doors, sir." "Beep, beep"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plunging into the oceans of Donwarr...

24594136095_ea3f272987_c.jpg

"Commander Hombre. This is Hannibal. Do you copy?"

24511859231_cd53b15970_b.jpg

DSCN5495 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

"I'm sorry to inform you that we'll have to delay your mission to root out the assassins guild targeting Octan command. M.A.N.T.I.S. and Kawashita forces have violated their treaties and I need you back under CEO Pombe's direct command."

24594159695_553e061ddb_n.jpg23967378173_1b06fe072d_n.jpg

"..."

"Perfect, I'll inform him to expect you shortly, but please be careful, your operation is now behind enemy lines and we don't know what the M.A.N.T.I.S. response will be if they find you, so be sure to dispose of any intel you might be carrying."

24594206755_147b31b211_n.jpg24568084916_5c5e79fe79_n.jpg

"..."

"I have no doubt of that. And, I agree, I left Earth for the same reason, entitled egalitarians and their wars... Thank you Commander Hombre. It has been an honor working with you. Hannibal out."

24594263965_41fb94bdf4_n.jpg[ 24512033761_c568e710a8_n.jpg

Had to do some quick editing this week, sorry for the rough shots.

24594300685_f009313dd9_c.jpg

C&C appreciated.

Lovely build! Great use of the planet piece and I really like the effect of the amphibious vehicle crashing into the water.

Kawashita have also chosen to dishonor their treaties.

I resent that statement.

Regarding the builds, they are great! I especially love the "planet" pod.

Great use of the planet pod! I love the way you made the landing gear for it. Do those parts actually fit inside it closed?

Thanks guys.

Great use of the planet pod! I love the way you made the landing gear for it. Do those parts actually fit inside it closed?

I took the legs off and (I think) unclipped the two sections, but everything else fit (and then was shaken up by my son)

I resent that statement.

Seriously? I would like to know how the rest of Kawashita sees this. I kind of expect it from M.A.N.T.I.S., it's part of their corporation's story, but the opposite is true for Kawashita.

Seriously? I would like to know how the rest of Kawashita sees this. I kind of expect it from M.A.N.T.I.S., it's part of their corporation's story, but the opposite is true for Kawashita.

I know there is a lot being said behind closed doors, and I'd like to keep those conversations there. But I will say that Kawashita has no desire to be dishonorable. We have been very open about our intentions (just maybe not until after we were asked about them :grin: )

I really like the transport. The planet pod is a really creative idea too. One thing I don't get though. Why are the Shareholders executing Octan employees?

Edited by SpacerSteve

Corporation relationship issues aside :laugh: Those are some fantastic builds, the pod is great especially the use of one of those planet thingies and the transport that reminds me of those D-Day landing vehicles looks fantastic. :wub:

Edited by Isundir

That pod is really good, the dark red on that landscape looks great as well. The other vehicle is neat looking too, especially those huge wheels! :thumbup:

I really like the pod scene and the landscape. The interior of the pod is compact but still has some nice functional bits. And the mega truck is cool and rugged. Very military feel to it, the beach scene is nice with the flowing water at the shoreline.

Thanks everybody

I know there is a lot being said behind closed doors, and I'd like to keep those conversations there. But I will say that Kawashita has no desire to be dishonorable. We have been very open about our intentions (just maybe not until after we were asked about them :grin: )

I'm not trying to reveal any discussions, but come on, let's call a spade is a spade

I really like the transport. The planet pod is a really creative idea too. One thing I don't get though. Why are the Shareholders executing Octan employees?

It's just alluded to in the story and it would have been fleshed out more, but basically they're spies and we of course have to get rid of any lingering intel so M.A.N.T.I.S. doesn't get a hold of it, sorry it wasn't more clear

So it is war, eh? ;)

What do you call it when somebody moves their fleet into your territory without permission and against prior agreements?

What do you call it when somebody moves their fleet into your territory without permission and against prior agreements?

Hostile takeover? :look:

Cool build! A lot to like but I think the pod is my favourit (even if you had to take the legs of) Nice dinamic photos too when he's closing it and not even look back.

Sorry but I have to nag on your tags. There are some landscape and vegetation but he isn't really there to study them so I can't give you Exploration. Executing spies (without even commenting on it) doesn't really count when it is such a small part of the build.

Then that is a “Landing pod” and not a Space ship and that Land Vehicle is just to ohh... Octan to count. :look: I can give you Military but just because I'm nice. :grin:

No, you get to keap your tags (but I don't think you have use of spying or exploration)

Edited by EpsilonEta

'murica :tongue:

All jokes aside, I was jokingly replying before and should have put a :wink: instead of ;) so you know I'm not taking your story as a insult or starting a geo-political AG debate. It really is a great story you told. Well done.

As others have said, that 'planet pod' is really cool, and I love the Octan war truck. Those wing panels make excellent fenders. I'm not a huge fan of the trans-clear plates scattered around; I think it might have been more effective if you only had them where the vehicle is entering the water, so that they looked like spray. Overall, though, awesome scene.

As others have said, that 'planet pod' is really cool, and I love the Octan war truck. Those wing panels make excellent fenders. I'm not a huge fan of the trans-clear plates scattered around; I think it might have been more effective if you only had them where the vehicle is entering the water, so that they looked like spray. Overall, though, awesome scene.

Thanks, I was going for trans-clear plates as surf, probably should have included trans-light-blue to fully commit to the effect, or SNOT'd blue bricks as water